1st Degree Black Belt Test Pictures/Video

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hello all,

I wanted to share with you pictures and video (long!) of my 1st Degree Black Belt test in American Kenpo.
I was blessed to have many friends and family there to share the fun, pain, and excitement of the day.

[video=youtube_share;bVYmI7Tn8YE]http://youtu.be/bVYmI7Tn8YE?list=UUxpQfe7C9YmUXttZVJfTg2A[/video]

pictures from the event:

Photos

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations that's a big leap forward, keep on training
Best of luck

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Congrats, Chris! Keep on rocking, brother.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
So was the first degree black belt test much harder than the brown belt test (or whatever rank comes right before black)? Did it take you much longer to get from brown to black than it did for you to get from whatever rank came before brown to brown?

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats. I couldn't view the video, says it's private. Did Clyde sit on your testing board?

OP
Yondanchris

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So was the first degree black belt test much harder than the brown belt test (or whatever rank comes right before black)? Did it take you much longer to get from brown to black than it did for you to get from whatever rank came before brown to brown?

yes the Black Belt test was much harder...many more techniques and all my forms.
It took about 2 years from 3rd Brown to Black (average to a little early depending on studio)
I was in green belt for about 6-9 months..(if I remember right)
All together from White to Black it took me 4 1/2 years.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
So the ranking system at your place must go 1st Brown, 2nd Brown, 3rd Brown and then First Degree Black I take it.

OP
Yondanchris

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
3rd Brown (3 stripes), 2nd Brown (2 stripes), 1st Brown (1 stripe) then 1st Black (1 red stripe). Me. Cole does it backwards from the Standard!

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
3rd Brown (3 stripes), 2nd Brown (2 stripes), 1st Brown (1 stripe) then 1st Black (1 red stripe). Me. Cole does it backwards from the Standard!

I see. Well, using your ranking system as an example, is it much harder and/or does it take much longer to go from 1st Brown to 1st Black than it does to go from 2nd Brown to 1st Brown?

Latest Discussions