Would this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
not hard to roundhouse a persons head if they are on all fours though. Like in the op. If they are lying flat then we need a new kick.

but why kin geri when the roundhouse works beautifully? Will that work to the inside leg?
How do you roundhouse someone in the groin standing in front of them?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not hard to roundhouse a persons head if they are on all fours though. Like in the op. If they are lying flat then we need a new kick.

but why kin geri when the roundhouse works beautifully? Will that work to the inside leg?

A roundhouse done traditionally will not work, no. . I'm not sure you know what a roundhouse kick is as opposed to a turning kick or a Muay Thai kick.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I know more then 3 kicks actually. Do you learn more then one subimition? Why one is all you need right

do my extra submissions require my partner to pretend they work? In which case i will focus on the one i can do without help.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A roundhouse done traditionally will not work, no. . I'm not sure you know what a roundhouse kick is as opposed to a turning kick or a Muay Thai kick.

do they have names in Portuguese?

honestly they are all pretty much the same thing for me. I don't have fifty kicks. I just tweek the kicks i have.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Now I have heard everything......... where's Elder's little laughing chap?

fire exactly that roundhouse up the guts and it becomes a groin kick. No new techniques. No new set ups. Every opportunity you have for an inside leg. You have for a groin.

giving it a name in Japanese doesn't change that.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is a vertical roundhouse.

I'm sorry... what?
I've been training in TKD (which you may have heard of... it's an art that specializes in kicks...) since 1968 or '69. I've had limited experience with one or two other arts during that time.
I have never, ever, not even once, heard of a "vertical roundhouse". Could you explain this?

Or are you just making **** up as you go along to avoid admitting that maybe you're not 100% right?
:facepalm:
(I'm so glad we got the facepalm guy back... some situations absolutely require it.)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's Japanese for 'vertical' because I want to put it with Mawashigeri.
I already have Ushiro Mawashigeri, Ushiro Kingeri, Maegeri, Soto Mawashigeri, Fumikomi, Otoshigeri among others and I really want to add a vertical Mawashigeri. I don't do Yokogeri very well these days, very powerful kick if you can do it though.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm sorry... what?
I've been training in TKD (which you may have heard of... it's an art that specializes in kicks...) since 1968 or '69. I've had limited experience with one or two other arts during that time.
I have never, ever, not even once, heard of a "vertical roundhouse". Could you explain this?

Or are you just making **** up as you go along to avoid admitting that maybe you're not 100% right?
:facepalm:
(I'm so glad we got the facepalm guy back... some situations absolutely require it.)

not right about what?

that an inside leg kick that connects with the groin is a viable groin kick.

playing around with the terminology does not change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.