Would this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[

notice there is no shortage of basic inner leg kicks hitting people in the face on the deck.

Ugh. A 'tribute', really?

'Basic inner leg kicks' I'm not sure what you mean by them. Do they have a name either in Japanese or Korean for this? Inner leg kicks to me are a turning/roundhouse/MT kick to the inside of the thigh.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score

notice there is no shortage of basic inner leg kicks hitting people in the face on the deck.

That vid just shows that blows to vital areas work sometimes, but are no guarantee that they'll end the confrontation.

I think it's quite dangerous to teach people, especially smaller people, that hitting someone in the throat or the groin or some other vital area is sure-fire way to end a confrontation. It most certainly is not.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score

'Basic inner leg kicks' I'm not sure what you mean by them. Do they have a name either in Japanese or Korean for this? Inner leg kicks to me are a turning/roundhouse/MT kick to the inside of the thigh.

To the ankle.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

probably.

these are turning kicks to the head on the ground. My point is they are basically the same kick.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
probably.

these are turning kicks to the head on the ground. My point is they are basically the same kick.

Then what you mean is a turning kick to the head for goodness sake, an inside leg kick is a kick to the inside of the leg. It's not difficult to be precise.
Inside leg kick.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Then what you mean is a turning kick to the head for goodness sake, an inside leg kick is a kick to the inside of the leg. It's not difficult to be precise.
Inside leg kick.

i am linking it to the inside leg kick. Because i am making a point that it is the same kicks.

so in this instance i was being precise.

inside leg kick.

groin kick

head kick on the deck.

can all be the same kick if you want to simplify your toolbox.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That vid just shows that blows to vital areas work sometimes, but are no guarantee that they'll end the confrontation.

I think it's quite dangerous to teach people, especially smaller people, that hitting someone in the throat or the groin or some other vital area is sure-fire way to end a confrontation. It most certainly is not.
Who ever said anything was sure-fire? Nothing is sure-fire. But to say a smaller person can't use strikes to end a fight is silly

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
i am linking it to the inside leg kick. Because i am making a point that it is the same kicks.

inside leg kick.

groin kick

head kick on the deck.

But it's not. Inside leg kick I'd use a round house. Groin kick I'd use a front kick or a kin geri. To kick someone on all fours in the head I'd punt their head like a football

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

inside leg kick.

groin kick

head kick on the deck.

Oh well as long as you understand that's alright then.
BUT you are entirely wrong, if you say turning/roundhouse/MT kick we know what you are talking about already, you just have to add the target then we know where you mean to hit and with what.
However....
The inside leg kick I've already told you what it is.
The groin kick you already been told is hit with the instep
The head kick when someone is on the ground is usually an axe kick or 'soccer' kick.
The groin and head are harder to hit with a turning/roundhouse kick.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
But it's not. Inside leg kick I'd use a round house. Groin kick I'd use a front kick or a kin geri. To kick someone on all fours in the head I'd punt their head like a football

so for self defense you are learning three different kicks where one will do the job.

provided you can aim that one kick in different directions. Which is pretty useful to be able to do anyway

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
so for self defense you are learning three different kicks where one will do the job.

provided you can aim that one kick in different directions. Which is pretty useful to be able to do anyway
I know more then 3 kicks actually. Do you learn more then one subimition? Why one is all you need right

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

However they do different jobs, very hard to roundhouse kick someone when they are flat on the deck don't you think? why try to round house someone's testicles when Kin Geri will do the job beautifully?
One kick simply does not do the job I'm afraid.

I know a good deal more than three kicks, I know them inside out, through years of practice and I will pull out the exact kick to do the job. I know I'm not unique in this, most martial artists ( who use kicks) can do the same.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh well as long as you understand that's alright then.
BUT you are entirely wrong, if you say turning/roundhouse/MT kick we know what you are talking about already, you just have to add the target then we know where you mean to hit and with what.
However....
The inside leg kick I've already told you what it is.
The groin kick you already been told is hit with the instep
The head kick when someone is on the ground is usually an axe kick or 'soccer' kick.
The groin and head are harder to hit with a turning/roundhouse kick.

why cant i hit the groin with the shin?
Inside leg kicks(the ones actually aimed at the inside leg) that slip and accidentally hit the groin do damage. So hitting either target with that one kick obviously works.

and there were a lot of flush kicks using the turning kick in that video.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
why cant i hit the groin with the shin?
Inside leg kicks(the ones actually aimed at the inside leg) that slip and accidentally hit the groin do damage. So hitting either target with that one kick obviously works.

and there were a lot of flush kicks using the turning kick in that video.
Why hope a inside leg kick will slip to the groin. If I want to kick the groin there is a kick for that. If I wanna kick the outer knee there is s kick for that. If I wanna kick the inside leg kick there is a kick for that. If I wanna kick the ribs well yep there is a kick for that. How many different submissions do you know

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Inside kicks are always aimed at the inside of the leg hence the name. And a 'flush' kick is?

Sure, an inside leg kick will sometimes mishit and hit the testicles but it's very inefficient. Kin Geri will do the job very well. I've put up a video of it. Now, I've chosen a TMA video without a uke to save any gentlemen from feeling a bit ill lol but you can imagine the effectiveness. When we were taught it were we shown to not just kick but to point the toes up so you can drag your foot back to hurt that bit more.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
However they do different jobs, very hard to roundhouse kick someone when they are flat on the deck don't you think? why try to round house someone's testicles when Kin Geri will do the job beautifully?
One kick simply does not do the job I'm afraid.

I know a good deal more than three kicks, I know them inside out, through years of practice and I will pull out the exact kick to do the job. I know I'm not unique in this, most martial artists ( who use kicks) can do the same.

not hard to roundhouse a persons head if they are on all fours though. Like in the op. If they are lying flat then we need a new kick.

but why kin geri when the roundhouse works beautifully? Will that work to the inside leg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions