Would this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
not right about what?

that an inside leg kick that connects with the groin is a viable groin kick.

playing around with the terminology does not change that.
NO thats not what you said. You said there was a vertical roundhouse and you were wrong. Missing a leg kick and hitting the groin isnt a technique its a miss

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not right about what?

that an inside leg kick that connects with the groin is a viable groin kick.

playing around with the terminology does not change that.

I don't suppose you want to answer DD's question? TKD does kicks a little differently from karate but not that much differently, we know what each other means when we are talking about kicks.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
NO thats not what you said. You said there was a vertical roundhouse and you were wrong. Missing a leg kick and hitting the groin isnt a technique its a miss

so my technique that missed has done enough damage to drop that guy. And you still don't think it is a viable technique over pretending to hit someone and them pretending to drop.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok then what is it?

It looked like a cross between a front kick and Kingeri, a poorly executed kick that was judged a foul, quite rightly because it also looked as if he deliberately targeted his opponent's groin whether he meant it or not. He needs to learn to kick properly. He may have been going for a front kick and misjudged the height, still a poor kick.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so my technique that missed has done enough damage to drop that guy. And you still don't think it is a viable technique over pretending to hit someone and them pretending to drop.

If you want to bank on a missed kick, good luck with that one. You know no one has said don't target the groin, they are just saying do it properly...first time.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Its not a technique its a miss.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't suppose you want to answer DD's question? TKD does kicks a little differently from karate but not that much differently, we know what each other means when we are talking about kicks.

i don't do tkd or karate is this a tkd karate thread?

i can make up terminology as i go. Mma does it all the time.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you want to bank on a missed kick, good luck with that one. You know no one has said don't target the groin, they are just saying do it properly...first time.

on a real kick vs a pretend one. There are a lot of reasons to be able to trust that kick. But the major one is my partner does not have to study acting

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

now your just trolling you said something stupid got caught and you lost so now your trolling

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
now your just trolling you said something stupid got caught and you lost so now your trolling

rubbish. I am describing a kick. And doing it in a mma context. It doesn't matter what i call it.

so long as i can do it.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
rubbish. I am describing a kick. And doing it in a mma context. It doesn't matter what i call it.

so long as i can do it.
Except there is no such thing as a vertical round house but whatever everyone else knows your full of it even if you dont see it

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

MMA doesn't do it all the time. WE use terminology that is correct for the techniques, we may use the English translations of either Japanese, Korean, Thai or Portuguese but we don't make them up. Some techniques have more than one name but we still don't make them up. What would be the point of making names up?

K-man, pass the popcorn please, hope you have enough for all of us at this rate!

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
MMA doesn't do it all the time. WE use terminology that is correct for the techniques, we may use the English translations of either Japanese, Korean, Thai or Portuguese but we don't make them up. Some techniques have more than one name but we still don't make them up. What would be the point of making names up?

K-man, pass the popcorn please, hope you have enough for all of us at this rate!
We need a Love it button

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

This ranks in the Top Ten Stupidest Statements I've ever seen on MartialTalk...

Well, since we're going to just make up terminology as we go, I suggest that you arglebargle rumblestick belphro the attackers marblestump rottenbargle. And then you can tumescent rutabaga their wobbly rumple wattle.

That'll work. Every time.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

really where did the term ground and pound come from?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's really quite simple, Hanzou and I might not agree on some things but we do know what each other is talking about. If he says get them in your guard then use rubber/butterfly guard I can agree or disagree because I know exactly what he means, if I say no, go for mount he knows what I mean, likewise with side control, figure four arm bar, RNC, scarf holds. posture up etc. Accepted names for each technique. Karate people can discuss kicks with TKD people because when I say side kick for example they know exactly what I mean even if they may execute it slightly differently. without this any discussion is pretty pointless because we are talking at odds with each other.
There is no different 'context' when talking about kicks in MMA, the kicks are the same, roundhouse, front, side, axe, hook, back etc They may be done a bit differently by each fighter depending on where they learnt it from but they are definitive kicks with definitive names.

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
really where did the term ground and pound come from?

Sigh, it is the accepted name for an accepted technique, we don't all call it different things. Everything had to be named at one point be it thousands or hundreds of years ago, a few years ago or last week but we stick with one name we don't all call it different things.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's it for me, off to bed ( with popcorn and to watch 'Frozen', the one with that good song it.... LET IT GO lol ) and see what the morning brings. Night everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions