Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well when I looked it up Wiki said it wasn't actually koolaid that was used, it was something called 'flavor aid' which is probably what was reported in the British press so I wouldn't have connected it to anything anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid
Americans also commonly use big brand names for lower priced products.:ultracool
Sean

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm going to call it. This thread is officially beyond saving. Official time of death: 1/3/11 at approximately 11:44 am Pacific.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You are taking this the wrong way, you weren't being attacked. If you feel you are please report it to the mods.

You and I are thousands of miles and a whole culture apart so what we write has to be plain so we understand each other and hopefully avoid more misunderstandings. I can't see your face or hear your voice to help me understand what you mean so writing as clear as you can with as correct a spelling as you can really helps. Putting things into paragraphs is a big help because it's hard to read on screen if things are one big paragraph. Sometimes I either have to print off posts or miss them because my eyes go funny after a little while of trying to read long posts without paragraphs.

We also have a lot of people for whom English isn't their first language who read and post here, if we keep the posts to plain English it helps them too. It isn't a purely American site, there's people from all over Europe, as well as the Middle East and Asia that post here.

I'm not meaning to sound patronising because I'm sure if you think about it you know that writing so people can understand you is important for clarity. I know Omar doesn't need to pick on you about your English if he wants to disgree with your arguments on anything else. He's quite good at disagreeing on a lot of subjects without rancour. :)
naa I would never cry to a Mod. This is the internet I don’t take anything serious on the internet. For All I know you’re a 12 year old boy in Texas and I’m a 72 year old female in a prison in Germany.
Im just saying I got it you made your point I made a mistake and i have said im sorry how many times do I need to say Sorry?

Then and Than is not a big difference and Im sure it confused nobody. Everyone got the point but I understood the point the 1st 3 times. Im 100% sure you can find much worse examples of my bad grammar in some of my other posts.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
naa I would never cry to a Mod. This is the internet I don’t take anything serious on the internet. For All I know you’re a 12 year old boy in Texas and I’m a 72 year old female in a prison in Germany.
Im just saying I got it you made your point I made a mistake and i have said im sorry how many times do I need to say Sorry?

Then and Than is not a big difference and Im sure it confused nobody. Everyone got the point but I understood the point the 1st 3 times. Im 100% sure you can find much worse examples of my bad grammar in some of my other posts.

A 12 year old boy in Texas, how very droll.

Well you can always PM me and I'll give you my work number, you can phone me up at great expense to confirm I am who I say I am, or you can 'befriend' me on FB rofl.

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
Someone doesn't agree with us, I got an anonymous bad rep for talking about grammar! Always amusing to me as a Jew to be called a Nazi, good taste from whoever wrote it without the guts to add their name.

i got one too recently for my views on prostitution where i said most of the people agreeing with it being legalized are men and most people in that prostitution most sex workers are women. got one for the gender insult, the person never left a name. Wuss. I dont mind a neg rep, a person has something to say. Thats ok, just wont you please leave your name, pretty please?

Also some people also pos repped me and forgot to leave a name too.

If I negative rep anyone I'll leave my name. Same if I pos repp someone.

and if i didnt know better I'd think Bill and Ball were twins too. They think and write and have similar beliefs, even the first four letters of their user names are the same, all you do is change the middle letter.

I think I'll call them the twins. They seem a lot like twins, and no thats not an insult. I'd say the same about two other people who seem very the same as well. :)

Last edited:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I think that if ballen is a sock puppet, the mods will sort it out. If he's not, it's rude to call him one.

This thread has devolved into petty bickering. Isn't there a rule that a thread should be allowed to die once nazis have been mentioned and people start arguing rules of grammar? Seriously, guys. Am I the only one who thinks this thread started off bad and has only gotten worse?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think that if ballen is a sock puppet, the mods will sort it out. If he's not, it's rude to call him one.

This thread has devolved into petty bickering. Isn't there a rule that a thread should be allowed to die once nazis have been mentioned and people start arguing rules of grammar? Seriously, guys. Am I the only one who thinks this thread started off bad and has only gotten worse?

Well, considering the original Poster, this thread has yielded a pretty good discussion.

I don't think Ballen is trolling or being an alter for anybody, but he sure matches ole bill! :D

However, when the grammar gets in the way of understanding - or spelling for that matter, it's worth pointing it out, sans the 'Nazi' remark.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any thread started by Billichik seems to wander and meander it's own way through here, I don't believe he minds as I think he's said before he starts them and they'll go where they will. It depends whether the mods or the posters mind I suppose.

It's more like a real life conversation really which will take different avenues and discuss many things started by the original subject.

I suspect that the OP subject is exhausted because I don't think there's probably much more to say about the woman, people either like her, don't like her or don't know who she is.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks this thread started off bad and has only gotten worse?

All of these agenda driven, disingenuous trolling threads are terrible "discussions". However, they clearly weren't meant to be real discussions to begin with.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, we get them from either Lidl or Aldi here.

GAWD! you got ALDI and Lidle?!!!!!!! that is liek so not fair! :wah::wah::wah:

(I gt an Aldi 45 minutes or so away...I am too German to drive that often...)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GAWD! you got ALDI and Lidle?!!!!!!! that is liek so not fair! :wah::wah::wah:

(I gt an Aldi 45 minutes or so away...I am too German to drive that often...)

They are both within walking distance lol! We have many troops here who used to be based in Germany so want their bratties, currywurst and frikadellas. We put mayonaise on our fries too lol! We miss the schnell imbiss you see. :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
They are both within walking distance lol! We have many troops here who used to be based in Germany so want their bratties, currywurst and frikadellas. We put mayonaise on our fries too lol! We miss the schnell imbiss you see. :)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH, more German than the Germans! :lfao:

and you probably get the good stuff, too! I am being cheated out of the good Black Forrest Ham here! :angry: