Why Ann Coulter is great.

SensibleManiac

Black Belt
Reaction score
Kinda funny you all blasted Ann Coulter for being mean, stupid, hateful ect ect ect.
Yet you all do the exact same thing to billcihak because he believes differently then you. Ive got no dog in this hunt since I dont listern to Coulter and have never read her books but I read thru this entire thread and the only person Ive seen even try to post an argument to defend his points of view was billcihak. The rest just resort to name calling. Then when called out on it and asked for a real argument or thought all you say is "well we have tried before he just dont get it" Classy

???

If I didn't know any better I would say this is billcihak

It makes just about as much sense as his posts.

If I'm wrong then just read your post to yourself and think about how little sense it makes.

Very little of it has anything to do with our beliefs as has to do with the facts.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
???

If I'm wrong then just read your post to yourself and think about how little sense it makes.

Very little of it has anything to do with our beliefs as has to do with the facts.

I guess im just tired but I have no idea what your trying to say here.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's not me but I welcome him to the discussion. He has an interesting perspective on the topics. His fearlessness is also a neat addition.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
He's not me but I welcome him to the discussion. He has an interesting perspective on the topics. His fearlessness is also a neat addition.
you mean he is your long lost twin who toots the same horn...
:D

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ahh yes im sorry oh Guardian of Grammar. I do not write for a living like you do so that will not be the last mistake you find.

Well considering we are communicating in text it would be nice to have good grammar, sentence structure and syntax. Not as if one usually listens to someone who can get an idea across in the real world.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Omar, really, then vs. than, wow, you got him good. Sharpton vs. Coulter, you shouldn't even try that one. Remember the scam with Tawana Brawley, you know, where Sharpton tried to destroy an innocent mans life.

In 1998, Pagones was awarded $345,000 (he sought $395 million) through a lawsuit for defamation of character that he had brought against Sharpton, Maddox and Mason. The jury found Sharpton liable for making seven defamatory statements about Pagones, Maddox for two and Mason for one. The jury deadlocked on four of the 22 statements over which Pagones had sued and eight statements were found non-defamatory.[26] In a later interview, Pagones said the turmoil by the accusations of Brawley and her advisers had cost him his first marriage and much personal grief.[27

Coulter is so far above Sharpton, you should know better.

Ballen 0-351, some of the members here on martialtalk insist that you supply vast amounts of research data when you post here on the threads, plus proper grammer punctuation and spelling so be warned, they are watching.

Yes I did compare the two. They are both pretty much the same except far left and far right. Sharpton went to court for it, but the are both loudmouth alarmists.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well considering we are communicating in text it would be nice to have good grammar, sentence structure and syntax. Not as if one usually listens to someone who can get an idea across in the real world.

Someone doesn't agree with us, I got an anonymous bad rep for talking about grammar! Always amusing to me as a Jew to be called a Nazi, good taste from whoever wrote it without the guts to add their name.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Someone doesn't agree with us, I got an anonymous bad rep for talking about grammar! Always amusing to me as a Jew to be called a Nazi, good taste from whoever wrote it without the guts to add their name.
In whomever's defense, it is quite common in the US to emphasize a point by using Nazi as a sort of adjective noun. The Jewish people are not supposed to get a pass; in fact, Jewish entertainers came up with it in the first place. Almost everyone in the US knows exactly which show your are referencing, when the term "Soup Nazi" comes up, and it has little or nothing to do with real Nazis or Jews. I am sorry that you are offended by some REP NAZI... see.:uhyeah:
Sean

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In whomever's defense, it is quite common in the US to emphasize a point by using Nazi as a sort of adjective noun. The Jewish people are not supposed to get a pass; in fact, Jewish entertainers came up with it in the first place. Almost everyone in the US knows exactly which show your are referencing, when the term "Soup Nazi" comes up, and it has little or nothing to do with real Nazis or Jews. I am sorry that you are offended by some REP NAZI... see.:uhyeah:
Sean

It's obviously a cultural thing because in Europe ( where we suffered under the Nazis, Americans only fought them) it's not something you bandy around, in fact it's less shocking to swear than call someone a Nazi. It's a big no no and you can end up in court for libel/slander if you call someone a Nazi. It's akin to calling a black person the N word I'm afraid. So yes I'm offended.

A radio presenter here was sacked for calling someone he was interviewing a Nazi, there were complaints to the communications watchdog. It is offensive.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10618638

History is too close to us to have being called a Nazi seen as just another word.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't say it was right, I am just telling you what to expect from us American types.:ultracool
Sean

I think this is why Americans wonder why things they say and do aren't received by the rest of the world in the way they expect! :)

Ramirez

Black Belt
Reaction score

Yep, anonymous is the same as coward.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Yes and as stated several times now I got it. I guess this is another "I can’t beat his argument so ill just attack the person." No problem Ill go ahead an apologize right now for any and all future typos, grammar mistakes, misspelled words, missing commas, periods, question marks. I’m truly sorry I do not write to your abilities. I’ll try harder but I can make no promises.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes and as stated several times now I got it. I guess this is another "I can’t beat his argument so ill just attack the person." No problem Ill go ahead an apologize right now for any and all future typos, grammar mistakes, misspelled words, missing commas, periods, question marks. I’m truly sorry I do not write to your abilities. I’ll try harder but I can make no promises.

You are taking this the wrong way, you weren't being attacked. If you feel you are please report it to the mods.

You and I are thousands of miles and a whole culture apart so what we write has to be plain so we understand each other and hopefully avoid more misunderstandings. I can't see your face or hear your voice to help me understand what you mean so writing as clear as you can with as correct a spelling as you can really helps. Putting things into paragraphs is a big help because it's hard to read on screen if things are one big paragraph. Sometimes I either have to print off posts or miss them because my eyes go funny after a little while of trying to read long posts without paragraphs.

We also have a lot of people for whom English isn't their first language who read and post here, if we keep the posts to plain English it helps them too. It isn't a purely American site, there's people from all over Europe, as well as the Middle East and Asia that post here.

I'm not meaning to sound patronising because I'm sure if you think about it you know that writing so people can understand you is important for clarity. I know Omar doesn't need to pick on you about your English if he wants to disgree with your arguments on anything else. He's quite good at disagreeing on a lot of subjects without rancour. :)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Sean
FWIW, calling someone a "nazi" is about as tasteless as saying that someone "drank the koolaid." Both are commonly used, and both are rude and tasteless. I'd say on the spectrum of bad taste they both fall somewhere worse than farting at the dinner table but not as bad as making sexual jokes about someone's daughter.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score

Or you could play the victim continually. Our common ground here is English, not the version that has been corrupted by bad grammar, spelling, etc by internet speak. I always find it funny how the more people spend online (where it's mostly text) the less they can communicate effectively.

It's not about beating the argument. The OP does not have one, he has a statement, quotes and opinions of other people. I've said my bit and he hasn't many more quotes to post as his argument. I think Rush is on vacation.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, calling someone a "nazi" is about as tasteless as saying that someone "drank the koolaid." Both are commonly used, and both are rude and tasteless. I'd say on the spectrum of bad taste they both fall somewhere worse than farting at the dinner table but not as bad as making sexual jokes about someone's daughter.

The expression 'drank the koolaid' is unknown here so doesn't mean anything at all. You'd get odd looks if you used it here because we don't know what koolaid is nor do we know the reference.

I've had to look it up and thanks to good old Wiki now know what it means, agreed...very tasteless and rude.

Being called nazi here is probably on par with making sexual comments about someone's infant daughter.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've used the words, "drank the Koolaid" a few times myself. :ultracool
Sean

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The expression 'drank the koolaid' is unknown here so doesn't mean anything at all. You'd get odd looks if you used it here because we don't know what koolaid is nor do we know the reference.

I've had to look it up and thanks to good old Wiki now know what it means, agreed...very tasteless and rude.

Being called nazi here is probably on par with making sexual comments about someone's infant daughter.
You have never heard of the "Jone's Town" Mass Suicide? How old are you?
Sean

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have never heard of the "Jone's Town" Mass Suicide? How old are you?
Sean

21?

I've heard of it, never associated 'koolaid' with it though but then again I've never seen 'koolaid'.

Latest Discussions