Who is Who in Modern Arnis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David Hoffman

Originally posted by PAUL
Dan;

To further complicate things; people in general are f**king lyers; whether by accident or on purpose. People like to change history to suit their own agenda's. People often like to look at only one side of the story as well; their side.

This is one example Paul, as the posts were made by myself, Dan, Dieter and Tim, It is logical to assume one or more of us where the target

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So pulling the "senior" card with me will only get you so far. Just remember that.

Paul Janulis
No Rank, No Title, and Unlisted.

Paul,
Will it get me a beer or will you be listed as "Paul Janulis - No Rank, No Title, No Beer?"

Yours,
Dan Anderson
:drinkbeer

D

David Hoffman

Dan;

And you know what? I am glad that I wasn't on the list, and I am glad I wasn't invited to the @$$ kissing party in Victoria, Canada. Back then I was angry, but now I am not; I am just being blunt here. Because I missed it, this makes the issue NOT MY RESPONSABILITY; and while other leaders may bicker, jocky, or hide behind half-truths and ambiguity, I am training and getting better. So watch out, mother f**kers, because if you don't see me right on your tail right now, it is because I am already ahead of you. And you'll only have the pleasure of finding this out when you someday get shown up by a "junior".

Paul Janulis

Again, I can not help but find this offensive. I was invited to travel to Victoria by Professor and his wife Yvette. I gave up a position at a clinic in London to be there to help them. I spent my own limited money on hotels for Professor and myself and a rental car to go to the doctors. I never sought or received any personal or political gain.

The rest of the paragraph seems to paint the seniors mentioned in this post, myself, Dan, Tim and Dieter, in a very poor lite and suggests a hostile agenda..

D

David Hoffman

Originally posted by arnisador
As for everyone else and for those who like to twist and conceal information; I'll just say that I am glad that I have no skeletons in my closet. So for those of you who have information, yet are hiding it, or twisting it to fit your own agenda, I hope that you someday come clean. And for those of you who are playing the "I know a secret" game, when you really don't have anything but crap on your thumb from sitting on it all day, then I hope you feel real special about yourself.

Again Paul, this seem inflamatory

D

David Hoffman

Dan;
Sorry for the rant. Although I have been vocal in the past about certian things, there are a lot of issues that I haven't touched within a mile. The details of the will, and his overall plan and such is one of these issues. I haven't touched these (and won't in a public forum) because I was not there; so my information is second hand.

Dan, if your looking for answers, give me a ring and I can tell you what I know, or at least what I have heard. This might help you in your search.

Here Paul you are making my point that your information is not first hand, yet you offer to share heresay with Dan. If your information is not direct, then perhaps, you should wait until the substantiation is published before offering such heated arguments one way or the other

D

David Hoffman

Dan;

Just never forget that you are messing around with a dead man's wishes, and if you don't come clean then you are the one who has to wear that black mark on your soul.

My point exactly Paul! Who are we, senior, junior whatever, to question Professor's wishes. As I have clearly stated in my post, I will be offering clear evidence of Professor's written wishes as soon as I am legally able. The are issues of a legal and fiduciary nature that must take presidence as I know you understand. I have said to expect this sometime this summer and I have asked for patience.

Perhaps I am being unfair to you Paul, if so I apolagize. I do think very well of you. I am also interested in your opinion and anything you'd like to relate to me either publicly or by private mail. I am just asking you to hold your fire a bit and let us "old men" explore these important issues in a civil fasion.

Again, I am not adding to my earlyer critisism. You did ask me to quote you and justify my words.

David Hoffman

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Renegade
Dave-

maybe you can tell me about this RENEGADE TIME. Like when was this started, and by whom?

Dave-

you didn't answer my question!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by David Hoffman

As for everyone else and for those who like to twist and conceal information; I'll just say that I am glad that I have no skeletons in my closet. So for those of you who have information, yet are hiding it, or twisting it to fit your own agenda, I hope that you someday come clean. And for those of you who are playing the "I know a secret" game, when you really don't have anything but crap on your thumb from sitting on it all day, then I hope you feel real special about yourself.

Although I think it's clear from context, I'd like to emphasize that the original quote is misattributed to me.

D

David Hoffman

Originally posted by Renegade
Dave-

you didn't answer my question!

Hello Tim,

I'm sorry I did not respond yet. I was hit with a lot of questions at once and I'm not always at my office.

I was referring to the period from the time you issued the public letter distancing yourself from the Federation and introducing your World organization as a alternative competitor. You sent me a copy of your announcement and Professor, who received it from someone else discussed it with me. From that time until our teachers passing I was under the impression you had taken the role of, or been nominated as a renegade. As you use this as your online name I thought you were comfortable representing this. I only mention it as it would explain why you may not have been completely in the loop while the board was being set. During normal times you would have had much more direct contact. Professor, I and others were under the impression you had chosen to go it alone.

As far as the full "inside" story, I have never heard your side of that dispute. As I was not involved I felt it was not my business. Professor did ask me to contact you but I chose not to as I thought I would be meddling. Whatever was said to me was said by Professor and others. I think some of the details may be personal, and it was a difficult and emotional time for everyone, so I would only discuss this with you in more depth privately and only at your request. As we have a long and shared history Tim, I prefer to only think of you in terms of our cordial relationship and your many years of active contribution to Modern Arnis. Not to mention, you were the only other person I know of who Professor called his "adopted son," as I was called since 1984. I can remember so many good things Professor said about you over the many long years. I see no need personally, to focus on a period of misunderstanding.

D

David Hoffman

Although I think it's clear from context, I'd like to emphasize that the original quote is misattributed to me. [/B][/QUOTE]

I am sorry about that. Paul had asked me to quote him and, as I mentioned, I'm not very experience with using the forum. The quote was from Paul of course. Also, I note that others posted while I was answering Paul, this and the fact that I was unsure how to use multiple posts gives the impression I am adding emphasis, I am not.

David Hoffman

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No worries!

These are difficult but important issues we're discussing and everyone must keep a level head and assume the best of others.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here Paul you are making my point that your information is not first hand, yet you offer to share heresay with Dan. If your information is not direct, then perhaps, you should wait until the substantiation is published before offering such heated arguments one way or the other

I'll address this one first.

I'll give an example, as applied to my field. A fundamental analyst can physically go into a company and observe the innerworkings of the company. That analyst is not allowed to get information that is not available to the "public" or to other shareholders (inside information). They can, however, take 4 or 5 bits and peices of information about the company to come up with a logical conclusion; a conclusion which may not be "public" yet, or a conclusion pointing to a future occurance. This is how a a research analyst will be able to determine on a micro level whether the company's stock is good buy or not.

Now, back to Remy's situation. The problem is that the "facts" are not available firsthand. So, people have their own perceptions to suit their own agenda's. "Everyone has a story".

You say you have some facts, but even with that, I doubt your facts are going to clear up everything; they will probably only lead to more unanswered questions, unfortunatily.

So to apply this to my work example, if I talk to 5 different people who were there during Remy's last days, I am going to get 5 different answers. I can put these answers together to come up with a logical conclusion as to what might have really happened. This I have already done, at least to a level. I myself still have unanswered questions.

In terms of talking to Dan about it; it is not to spread "heresay". It is to share with Dan what I have "heard," being clear and HONEST, as I have been, that my information in not firsthand, so that he can work towards finding some answers. It is not fair for Dan to have all of these unanswered questions. So I would not be spreading heresay for the sake of itself, I would be telling him what I have gathered from others so he can move towards finding some answers.

I see nothing wrong with that.

:cool:

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
In terms of my other "inflamatory" comments, those were all contained in one post, which I clearly stated after MAO and Whoopass addressed it that I was mistaken in my "tone".

Again, I intended to wake some people up, but I came off as angry and possibly insulting.

I thought I corrected this in my proceeding post.

I also don't think that Tim or Dieter took my post as an insult directed at them; it seemed that you took what I said as an insult directed at you. Please note, though, that I mention no names in my rants. Trust me, if I want to insult you personally, I will state your name so that there will be no misconceptions.

I will state again, though, if my description in my previous post fits, then it fits. If it doesn't, then don't take it as an insult towards you, please.

I will say that I apoligize for any misunderstanding that my tone may have caused.

I think that the content of what I have said is still very valid, though. There are people who are lying out there, whether accidently or on purpose. For some, seeing Professor in Victoria was an @$$ kissing party for them, plain and simple. And there are people who have stunted their growth due to their petty behavior out there also.

These facts cannot be denied; you know that the shoe fits for some. If it doesn't fit for you, then once again, please do not take it personally.

So, thank you Mr. Hoffman for qouting me where you think that I was personally insulting so we could things clear up. As I have stated before, my tone could have been better. This would have prevented people from taking my comments as personal insult.

Also, I apoligize for mistakening your comment regarding "maturity", and mistakening your post as "pulling the seniority card."

Your only allowed to pull that card very sparringly; I suggest you follow Dan's example, and pull it when you want free beer! :D

Regarding everything else, I value your input here, as I believe many others do. As soon as you are legally able, I look forward to hearing more about what "facts" you may have.

Your friend in the arts.....

Paul Janulis :cheers:

D

David Hoffman

Hello Paul,

This all sounds very reasonable. You sound sincere in your research. Heresay does have value when properly attributed
and when it's limitations are acknowledged. The most important
factor is a sincere desire for the truth, with no prior agenda.

I'll address this one first.

You say you have some facts, but even with that, I doubt your facts are going to clear up everything; they will probably only lead to more unanswered questions, unfortunatily.

On this, I would just ask you to please not pre judge before I release my facts. If one dismisses the value of something before seeing it, then their research is likely to be clouded.

While I questioned some of your recent statements for their emotional content, I do see you as being sincerely interested in the truth. You are skilled at writing and rhetorical analysis, this can be used very positive, or just serve to complicate and confuse. I again ask you, and in fact everyone, to please withhold your judgement and detailed arguments until you have the whole picture.

Feel free to contact me my mail if you have information you wish to share with me.

Datu David Hoffman

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

. . .

On this, I would just ask you to please not pre judge before I release my facts. If one dismisses the value of something before seeing it, then their research is likely to be clouded.

. . .

Datu David Hoffman

Good Afternoon Mr Hoffman,

Call me Rich.

Interesting information you have presented. I like the history and the knowledge, no matter what the point of view or person it comes from. This is not an insult. Just trying to say I like it.

What I have problems with are the people that say they know something and then taunt others and do not tell people.

So, to prejudge before your information is out is bad. To drag out the release of the information or not to release it after mentioning it is bad. People will ask questions and wonder, and assume and discuss it. And like msot times their own fears will be 100% more wrong then any truth possible. Yet, it is human nature.

Keep the information coming, please.

Thank You
:asian:

D

David Hoffman

In terms of my other "inflamatory" comments, those were all contained in one post, which I clearly stated after MAO and Whoopass addressed it that I was mistaken in my "tone".

Again, I intended to wake some people up, but I came off as angry and possibly insulting.

I thought I corrected this in my proceeding post.

I also don't think that Tim or Dieter took my post as an insult directed at them; it seemed that you took what I said as an insult directed at you. Please note, though, that I mention no names in my rants. Trust me, if I want to insult you personally, I will state your name so that there will be no misconceptions.

I will state again, though, if my description in my previous post fits, then it fits. If it doesn't, then don't take it as an insult towards you, please.

I will say that I apoligize for any misunderstanding that my tone may have caused.

I think that the content of what I have said is still very valid, though. There are people who are lying out there, whether accidently or on purpose. For some, seeing Professor in Victoria was an @$$ kissing party for them, plain and simple. And there are people who have stunted their growth due to their petty behavior out there also.

These facts cannot be denied; you know that the shoe fits for some. If it doesn't fit for you, then once again, please do not take it personally.

So, thank you Mr. Hoffman for qouting me where you think that I was personally insulting so we could things clear up. As I have stated before, my tone could have been better. This would have prevented people from taking my comments as personal insult.

Also, I apoligize for mistakening your comment regarding "maturity", and mistakening your post as "pulling the seniority card."

Your only allowed to pull that card very sparringly; I suggest you follow Dan's example, and pull it when you want free beer! :D

Regarding everything else, I value your input here, as I believe many others do. As soon as you are legally able, I look forward to hearing more about what "facts" you may have.

Your friend in the arts.....

Paul Janulis :cheers:
Hello Paul,

I am very satisfied with your answer. Please note, I posted my reply before I had seen Dan and Brians comments and your response. I don’t have very good internet/computer access when I am at my camp during the summer. Had I seen their comments and your response I would not have added my voice as they had addressed the same points.

You will note that I almost never use the “senior” card.
I don’t like the term and it was seldom used by Professor.
I do not accept the use of seniority to block others,
Only, as in my words to you, when I see it as appropriate.
Also, I don’t drink beer. (Just kidding!)

Regarding Victoria, I am very unclear as to what you are referring to. Perhaps you are not referencing my stay there. As it diverges from this post and seems an issue you have strong emotions/ideas about, I ask you to contact me by private email with your questions and Concerns. I will do my best to consider and value your ideas and comments and I do value your positive input. I will not take issue with someone for having a different opinion or understanding, but I do ask that people remain positive and respectful. I hold myself to this same standard. Ultimately, our diverse Modern Arnis family, young and old, must unite and establish the truth in a spirit of brotherhood. Otherwise, we and the art will suffer damage.

Thank you for taking the time to reflect and reply.

David Hoffman

D

David Hoffman

Originally posted by Rich Parsons

What I have problems with are the people that say they know something and then taunt others and do not tell people.

So, to prejudge before your information is out is bad. To drag out the release of the information or not to release it after mentioning it is bad. People will ask questions and wonder, and assume and discuss it. And like msot times their own fears will be 100% more wrong then any truth possible. Yet, it is human nature.

Thank You
:asian:

Hello Rich,

Yes I agree with you on every point. As I have said, I will be offering more information when legally appropriate. I will be able to establish without doubt that I speak for Professor, with his direct and clear written authority. As most people with time in the art know me as a close confident of Professor without a private agenda, and as I have given a timeline, I ask for the benefit of the doubt in the interim.

My intent in pre releasing some details at this point is to ask for a short pause in all the political disputes as there is more information that those with a sincere desire to follow their teachers wishes will find significant. After this pause, we can all discuss and interpret, and hopefully, find a way to honour the last wishes of Remy Amador Presas and thus unite in the spirit of brotherhood. In this way the art with be strengthened as a legacy for future generations.

Datu David Hoffman

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Also, I don’t drink beer. (Just kidding!)
David Hoffman

David,
Of all the things you could possibly post that would be offensive, this is the worst. I hope you are kidding or it is all over between us. The brotherhood of Modern Arnis will only take so much abuse before it is irrepairably damaged.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

D

David Hoffman

Originally posted by Dan Anderson
David,
Of all the things you could possibly post that would be offensive, this is the worst. I hope you are kidding or it is all over between us. The brotherhood of Modern Arnis will only take so much abuse before it is irrepairably damaged.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Hello Dan,

You caught me fair.
I retract my offensive statement.
I like Larger (Stella Artois) and Guiness.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions