Who is Who in Modern Arnis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
fair enough. I'll wait for your info, Mr. Hoffman, before I make judgements. I have my doubts, particularly in anyone who at this stage in the game claims to speak for professor who isn't professor himself, but I will not let these stiffle my ability to make a logical assessment of what you are going to present.

In terms of Victoria; I will not say much until after you've presented your info. The problem is, as I have admitted, I was not there.

However, it is clear to me that many people had personal motives for seeing Professor in Victoria; whether it was to attain rank, status, favor, or what have you. I don't think that this can be denied.

Another thing that is clear is that there had to have been foul play somewhere along the line. There are just too many questionable things going on. Things from mixed stories regarding titles, intentions, organization, history, etc., all the way to questions regarding embezzled money, and things of a more serious nature. These things have not been cleared up yet to date.

I know that some pretty sorry things went on; I just can't point my finger at "who" exactly at the moment, and to what extent, if you know what I mean. So I have saved the "blaming" until I know more. However, just because I am not "blaming" specific people yet, that doesn't make it any less fustrating. My fustrations might help to explain why I post in an enflamitory manner sometimes.

So, that's what I mean about the "Victoria party"; not only was there a bit too much @$$ kissing going on for my taste, but there was clearly foul play. Other then that, many questions remain.

So perhaps you will enlighten us. I look forward to hearing your information, when you are ready.

One thing that is for sure; I have already decided that because it is not directly my responsability, whatever "truths" or "untruths" are revealed, none of these will prevent my ability to mend relationships, and to do good work for Modern Arnis. To me, this is what is most important.

PAUL :asian:

D

David Hoffman

Excellent Paul.

You summed up precisely what I am asking for. Word for word.

Additionally, you have persuaded me to also provide a more detailed account of the period you have so many questions about. This goes well beyond what I was alluding to. Before your post, I had thought to keep most of that private as my recollection of those events is a separate issue from that of written instructions.

I understand better now, however, how there may be some sincere and legitimate interest. Previously I, like yourself, mostly thought of people as having a personal agenda in everything, including their interpretation of events. This is to be expected. I had also considered the events as only really the concern of the people directly involved or named. From reading your above post, and the many prior posts you and others have made on this subject, I’ve come to realize there are many people who feel left in the dark and have a sincere desire to understand better. This is a separate matter, but one which I am now convinced must be attended to. I will undertake it with good intention. But I do not wish to be the source of more divisiveness. Additionally, I do not wish to embarrass or bring pain or blame to anyone. Unfortunately, that may be unavoidable. The truth can hurt. Professor told me in Victoria, “The truth always comes out in the end.” In my case, and perhaps in a few others, there has been too much silence. Please consider for a moment, that there are different reasons one is silent. Personal gain is only one such reason. One may remain silent so as to not cause others to feel hurt, also, it is so easy to become the target of others frustrations and failed aspirations.

But as I’ve said you have convinced me. I will address this directly after the anniversary of our teachers passing. On a personal note, may I add? The distance from your initial posts, with which I took issue, and the above which has influenced me, shows the kind of maturity I am talking about. This shows you have the ability to master your emotions, and present a very balanced, persuasive, fair and well thought out position. This is not a matter of age, most older more “senior” people never gain this ability. Keep it up and I have faith you will in fact pass some of your seniors!

Now I would like to turn my attention back what I am working on. I would like to conclude my contribution to this thread and save my further explanation until after I have provided the documents I have referenced. Perhaps the thread can be either locked or returned to it’s original intent. In the meantime, I am very happy to accept private email from anyone wishing to give me their opinions and more importantly, factual information. I will respect the confidentiality of those who request it. Please send correspondence to [email protected] Thank you all.

Datu David Hoffman

norshadow1

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by David Hoffman
Hello Tim,...

...I was referring to the period from the time you issued the public letter distancing yourself from the Federation and introducing your World organization as a alternative competitor.
As far as the full "inside" story, I have never heard your side of that dispute. As I was not involved I felt it was not my business. Professor did ask me to contact you but I chose not to as I thought I would be meddling...

So you shirked you responsibility to the Professor and blew off his request that you contact Renegade? That's what it sounds like at this end. When the CEO of a corporation tells a VP to make something happen, that VP makes it happen or he gets fired.

This whole thread is getting very ugly. Too much secrecy and alusion...not enough open communication.

Lamont

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Folks,
I've sat back a bit and watched this thing go --way-- in a direction I never intended it to go.

All I was wondering about was some of the history.

It got political, it got personal and it got ugly.

enough for now.

Datu Hoffman will be making his information public shortly.
I believe Paul has the answers he wanted for the moment.
I think that while there are still a few unanswered questions, this thread is best locked, and those topics either taken to PM and email, and the positive parts posted, or at the least, new threads more closely focused on the topics should be made.

If you choose the later, please, keep it civil, and try not to get blood on the walls. The cleaning bill around here latelys been getting a bit nuts.

Thank you.

:asian:

Status
Not open for further replies.