Mid-West WMAA Winter Camp (Chicago Area)

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings-
I’m proud to announce the addition of a new camp on the WMAA events schedule:

Mid-West Fall Camp
February 27-29, 2004
Joliet, Illinois

Instructors include:
Datu Tim Hartman
Guro David Converse
Guro Tim Murray

Phone: 815-436-1199

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by WhoopAss
So, is Mr. Converse a member of the WMAA ?

That would be great if he was--I always liked him. I saw him in Ind. a year or two ago.

The WMAA not uncommonly has non-WMAA instructors at its events. Modern Arnis is Modern Arnis!

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
That would be great if he was--I always liked him. I saw him in Ind. a year or two ago.

The WMAA not uncommonly has non-WMAA instructors at its events. Modern Arnis is Modern Arnis!

I was just wondering since I did not see his name on the WMAA website.

Take care,
Brian

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
for the camp in detriot I am not sure who is going from my school if a fw people go I will go but I don't want to go alone.
Is it for people in all feds?

:asian:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by TallAdam85
for the camp in detriot I am not sure who is going from my school if a fw people go I will go but I don't want to go alone.

Adam,

I am not a member of the WMAA and I am only a good friend of the organization. I and others attend their events all the time.

When Time permits I attend as many as I can, even if it is only for a day or a few hours.

Paul will be online come Monday, and will reply to you. I am sure :D

OP
Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

This is a WMAA event, but many who attend are from other orgs. All are welcome and encouraged to attend.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Adam; it would be great if you were to come!

I will be talking with some of the local Arnis players in the area prior to the event; Mr. Carlton will be one of those people.

Events like these are a great chance to see a variety of Modern Arnis players, and good martial artists.

WMAA events are not closed events; so we often provide a variety of training from both WMAA instructors, as well as non-WMAA instructors. We also often get quite a few non-WMAA attendees.

We certainly have enough high level instructors and members to do closed events, but considering that Remy Presas welcomed all people to attend his events, and he often did joint seminars with other non-modern arnis teachers (Dr. Gyi, Wally Jay, George Dillman, Bobby Toboada, to name a few), we figured that we would keep up with the spirit of the Professor in this way. We are concerned only with good training and good modern arnis.

Through my experience, because of our diversity our events become a wonderful exchange of ideas. A WMAA event is a good idea, for any martial artist/modern arnis player of ANY organization. It is just nice to set aside the politics for awhile and train!:D

So, since I'll probably be contacting the school you train at regarding the event, you most likely won't be coming "alone."
But don't worry about coming "by yourself," because we are all friends in the arts, so nobody is "alone" at one of our events.

Pop me a private message here with your e-mail address, so I can keep you updated on information as we get closer to the event.

Considering that this event will be right around the corner from you (Rochester, Michigan), it would be ashame for you to miss it.

Talk to you soon!!

:cool:

Latest Discussions