What are Reputation Points and how do you get them?

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry i haven't given any out sooner, as many of you deserve them, I just wasn't aware of it until now.

Thanks

Andy

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
I have 666 points...what kind of rep. is that?!?

:angry:

One that is very deserving ;) I would Guess :D

S

Spud

Wow, I got apparently got dinked by indicating that I didn't support the current admininistration in a political discussion.
:idunno:

But somebody shared the love when I mentioned I take cabs home after I go bar hopping.
:drinkbeer:

Is there a grain of salt smilie?

pete

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
they said i have to spread it around before giving it to kenpo mama again tonight... i don't think she'd like that....

Dronak

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh, reputation = karma. I've only seen this karma feature on one web board before; this is the second place I've been that (now) uses it. From my experience on the first board, I'm not a big fan of this feature. You can add or subtract to someone's total once per day if it works the same here as there. Get on someone's bad side and they can just keep smacking you down over and over and if no one gives you positive points to balance it, down goes your rating. However, things do seem to be better here. Now that I've realized the bar of green squares off the the right is a representation of your reputation/karma, I don't think I've seen anyone with a negative total. There were on the other board. So I guess around here people generally like to give points rather than take them away which is good. I have to say though, I finally saw a number of points in my user profile and I'm surprised it's that high considering that I've been away from the board more often than not lately. But it's a pleasant surprise. :) Sure, it must be far below some people's given the number of green boxes some people have, but it still seems like a lot when I haven't been very active around here.

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have two comments from a member that are gery/black/purple, but that member is an MT Blackbelt. Is there another explanation than that he is a newbie?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
His own reputation isn't high enough to allow him to influence yours.
He may have a negative balance so his will only record neutral until they improve their own score.

V

Venomstrike

I'm glad this has been explained. I was also a little confused about this karma system. The only way to gain points is to recieve them from other people right? I only have 10 points :shrug:

gmunoz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Blooming Lotus said:
and if someone wants to take points, they can only take 1???

Is there a way to find out who's commented and contributed to your ( or someone elses ) tally??

Blooming Lotus
No others besides administation and moderators can view who sent your rep points. Some choose to sign their name to their rep given to you - others do not. Some prefer to just disapprove and not state why.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Blooming Lotus said:
and if someone wants to take points, they can only take 1???

Is there a way to find out who's commented and contributed to your ( or someone elses ) tally??

Blooming Lotus
Nobody can "take points". They can only add positive or negative points to your aggregrate total. Supporting Members and higher can see the comments and who made them. I typically sign mine for those people who are not supporting members, but some prefer anonymity.

-Michael

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
I can't figure out how to give good rep points. Maybe I am just slow, and I did read this entire thread...Please help!!! Thanks.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Clicking on the scales icon brings up the option.

To give positive, pick Agree
To give negative, pick disagree

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
Clicking on the scales icon brings up the option.

To give positive, pick Agree
To give negative, pick disagree
Holy gee wilickers Batman!!! All this time now and I NEVER noticed that icon!!! Thanks Kaith. I must go. I have LOTS of good points to give out!!!

Latest Discussions