What are Reputation Points and how do you get them?

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Where are the reputation points? I don't see anything? Also, what is that little green round thing by everyones post count?

edit--oh, never mind, I found the reputation points thing but I still can't figure out the little grean thing.

Thanks,
Robyn :asian:

P

pknox

The Opal Dragon said:
Where are the reputation points? I don't see anything? Also, what is that little green round thing by everyones post count?

edit--oh, never mind, I found the reputation points thing but I still can't figure out the little grean thing.

Thanks,
Robyn :asian:

Do you mean the little green square in the top right corner of your post? That means you're online. It's red when someone is offline.

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
pknox said:
You are very welcome.

Wait a second! I finally noticed this thread http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13011 and the diagram shows that the little green thing is for Reputation! Maybe everybody has a green one unless they get a lot of bad reports in which case maybe their green thing would turn red. Which would immediatly alert everyone that this person can be trouble! Like a not-so-secret ninja/warrior code!!!! :xtrmshock

Or it could be the online/offline thing too, I suppose. But I think that's the little check box by our usernames. (After looking and trying to click on everything.) :asian:

Robyn :ninja: :)

P

pknox

The Opal Dragon said:
Wait a second! I finally noticed this thread http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13011 and the diagram shows that the little green thing is for Reputation! Maybe everybody has a green one unless they get a lot of bad reports in which case maybe their green thing would turn red. Which would immediatly alert everyone that this person can be trouble! Like a not-so-secret ninja/warrior code!!!! :xtrmshock

Or it could be the online/offline thing too, I suppose. But I think that's the little check box by our usernames. (After looking and trying to click on everything.) :asian:

Robyn :ninja: :)

Looking at it again, I believe you are correct, and it's the first one. I think the "old way" was the online/offline thing. Looks like one of the many changes I'll have to get used to! :ultracool

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The "online" indicator is still there, its just located right next to your username on posts. Its that "checkmark"/"fancy V" thingy.
Gree=on red=off other colors means other things. :D

P

pknox

Yes. Evidently a user that is online has a white V checkbox, while an offline user has a greyish one.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
The "online" indicator is still there, its just located right next to your username on posts. Its that "checkmark"/"fancy V" thingy.
Gree=on red=off other colors means other things. :D
Green= ON
Darkened= OFF
Red= Hidden

Bob, yours is RED now and when hovered over, says "Invisible" - go figure! It is telling us you want us to know you are "Hidden" ... but not "Invisible". And the sound of one hand clapping is ????

-Michael

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is there any way to check what your reputation point "score" is? I mean in relation to what it could be? I can see that I'm on a distinguished road, but what does that mean?

7sm

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This -may- change at some time....haven't really played with it much yet. :)

====
User Absolutely Totally Hopeless -1,000,000
User Totally Hopeless -99,999
User is definately Hopeless. -500
User is starting to seem Hopeless. -300
User is most definately Lame! -200
User is bordering on Lame -100
User can only hope to improve -50

User has a little shameless behaviour in the past -10
User is an unknown quantity at this point 0
User is on a distinguished road 10
User will become famous soon enough 50
User has a spectacular aura about 150
User is a jewel in the rough 250
User is just really nice 350
User is a glorious beacon of li450ght
User is a name known to all 550
User is a splendid one to behold 650
User has much to be proud of 1000
User has a brilliant future 1500
User has a reputation beyond repute 2000

italicized indicates new revisions since original posting.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
Yes.

Its been called Karma on other systems. Basically, if someone likes/dislikes your post, they can give/take some points.

I'm still working the kinks out on that one.

How many points are given/taken when you vote for or against?

Also, if someone says something good and you make them green in one thread, and you see them say something go in another thread, you can't vote for them again right away. "You must spread some reputation around" before voting on them again. How many more reputation points do you have to give out before you can vote for someone again?

:asian:

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ooooo! :boing2:

I have been playing around and giving out reputation (all good reputation :uhyeah:) and then I came too "you have given out too much reputation within the last 24 hours, try again later" !!

So, how many reputation points before you can vote again on someone?

And....how many reputation points are you allowed to give in 24 hours?

:asian:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It varys depending on a number of things.

Default reputation is 10.

You gain 1 point of rep-altering power:
- per year of membership.
- per 1,000 posts
- per 100 reputation points you yourself have

You must have 50 posts b4 you can influence others reps

You must have at least 10 rep points b4 you can influence others.

You may only influence 10 people per 24 hr period

You have to influence 10 people b4 you can hit someone again.

Hope that makes sence. :)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
7starmantis said:
Is there any way to check what your reputation point "score" is? I mean in relation to what it could be? I can see that I'm on a distinguished road, but what does that mean?

7sm
Click on the "Give Rep" Icon on one of your posts. It'll show you your score (I think) :)

Latest Discussions