This guy would kick 90% of BlackBelts *** **WARNING -- EXPLICIT CONTENT**

EddieCyrax

Blue Belt
Reaction score
:44 --- knee open ---- easy safe enterance ---- comes after a huge haymaker wiff -----

but then again I am only a brown belt.....what the hell would i know.....

Timing --- opportunity --- execution -----

In addition, so called bouncers never went on the offensive..... the attempted to counter the dude.....If you arent throwing you are recieving......

I can hear my instructor now..."Dont become the bag"

OP
Kofo

Kofo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Black Belt is as much about fight avoidance as it is technical combat ability. Most black belts would never have to fight this man, they would simply leave.

Thats a good thing really.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
No for the taser.

You fight them out the front to get the guy to go away otherwise he is a threat to you or a threat to patrons coming into the venues. If you leave him sitting there then he can smack you as soon as you turn your back.

Or he may have already hit someone and the bouncer was encouraging him not to do that again.

Damn tasers would be cool.
Makes sense regarding the taser, but man, that would be cool. What about a sap? :)

seriously, though, the biggest mistake here still seems to me to be the choice ot engage this guy in the first place. He's outside, and these guys are literally chasing him around the street trying to beat him up. It really seems to me that they have successfully removed the guy from their club, and could now go back inside.

Another question (probably dumb). At what point do bouncers call the cops?

bluewaveschool

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
UFC guys don't side kick to the knee because fighting is how they make their living. Doing that on purpose is a sure fire way to make sure everyone steers clear of you and you starve to death. They hurt each other, but the goal isn't to put the other guy through surgery and months of PT.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
UFC guys don't side kick to the knee because fighting is how they make their living. Doing that on purpose is a sure fire way to make sure everyone steers clear of you and you starve to death. They hurt each other, but the goal isn't to put the other guy through surgery and months of PT.

I agree. In a situation where you are expected to fight again and again it just doesn't make sense to pretty much permanently disable your opponents. Doing it to someone else would be a surefire way to have someone else do it to you next time. I guess there are some unwritten rules.

That said, I am not convinced of the efficacy of a sidekick to the knee. I think it's a martial myth. It hurts, but breakage is unlikely unless you catch it from the ideal angle while the foot is flat - which is hard to achieve.

Front kick to the patella from the front hurts but is also difficult to land.

Gnarlie

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Makes sense regarding the taser, but man, that would be cool. What about a sap? :)

seriously, though, the biggest mistake here still seems to me to be the choice ot engage this guy in the first place. He's outside, and these guys are literally chasing him around the street trying to beat him up. It really seems to me that they have successfully removed the guy from their club, and could now go back inside.

Another question (probably dumb). At what point do bouncers call the cops?

No saps just head punches. Which is why bouncers hit people.

Yeah look not the best tactical decision obviously. Even the headbutt and then hanging back to see the result wasn't smart. If you are going to start a guy you should finish them. But otherwise that is generally what I do. You never encourage a guy back into your door. If he wants to call you names as he is walking off fine he is walking off.

Calling the cops depends on where you work and what they are doing at the time. Sometimes they are busy. Sometimes they just don't care. I have had assaults where police will attend take the guys details and the just leave him there. But that was a while ago.

In qld police have a move along power specifically to deal with the guy who stands out the front of the pub with the "you can't touch me" mentality

But you try not to call them because it brings scrutiny on the venue that management wants to avoid. I have worked venues where they put a ban on calling the cops.

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
agree with the not calling the cops............ too much heat on the management cos the cops will go through every incident in the place and then some and if they find something then the management aren't gunna be too happy. also incidents give a reputation to a place and can then attract the sort of people that are spoiling for a fight.

if the guy is already outside like in the video - then where's the problem ????? he's outside in the street he's not inside your pub/club doors so job done. if he was inside then fine do what you need to do to get him outside but the door is where your jurisdiction starts and stops. the time only i get involved outside is if the guy is starting to kick off on other potential patrons waiting to go into the pub/club cos it then becomes a health and safety issue --- 9 times out of 10 the cops don't want to deal with a drunk person that's up for a scrap, they've got better things to do.

we have in our laws something called "reasonable force" -- now interpretation of that is a very grey area and you'll either get a pat on the back or a jail cell - depends on how others view your actions.

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
If he wants to call you names as he is walking off fine he is walking off.

People usually do that because they have just had their ego bruised and they want to feel like they have gotten some of their power back by mouthing off when the tuck their tail between their legs and walk off.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
People usually do that because they have just had their ego bruised and they want to feel like they have gotten some of their power back by mouthing off when the tuck their tail between their legs and walk off.

That's always funny to watch as a cop. Two guys will yell and push and cuss but nobody will hit until they see the police are getting close then they do wild swings knowing we will step in and end it quickly. Makes me laugh when it happens.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
As to calling cops we don't care here I'm not sure why your cops would give problems to management. It part of the job. The only time I get pissed with bouncers is when they hit people off their property. Not that they hit someone because most likely they deserve it but because I don't like arresting or charging bouncers. We have a lot of bars that don't have any property beyond the door it open right to the sidewalk and street so we keep stressing to then don't cross the door shove them out and shut the door. Some get too amped up and keep shoving them down the sidewalk away from the bar. I understand why they just cant

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nope, 90% of blackbelts will lose to this guy. They will choke because of his agression and intimidating, muscular persona.

I think there's something to this. That's a lot of aggression, confidence, and mass to deal with, esp. for people who haven't really "thrown down" before.

What long, loose, powerful swings he has--reminds me of a really long-range crane style.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think there's something to this. That's a lot of aggression, confidence, and mass to deal with, esp. for people who haven't really "thrown down" before.

What long, loose, powerful swings he has--reminds me of a really long-range crane style.

:feedtroll

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

So the rule to winning a street fight is.

A. Be bigger than the other guy.

B. Have more numbers.

C. Fight them crane style.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Knee kicks sound really effective I am surprised you don't see it used more often.

Must be really complicated to learn or something.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
As to calling cops we don't care here I'm not sure why your cops would give problems to management. It part of the job. The only time I get pissed with bouncers is when they hit people off their property. Not that they hit someone because most likely they deserve it but because I don't like arresting or charging bouncers. We have a lot of bars that don't have any property beyond the door it open right to the sidewalk and street so we keep stressing to then don't cross the door shove them out and shut the door. Some get too amped up and keep shoving them down the sidewalk away from the bar. I understand why they just cant

We have a duty of care to the public and so have a duty to controls the duchebags that come out of our club.

The David hooks case is one of the highest profile examples of that.

7.30 Report - 12/09/2005: Micevic cleared of killing cricketer David Hookes

One of my worst personal story of police just not caring was a guy who tried to jump off the roof of a car par. I clamped him as he ran for the edge and called the cops.

And nobody came.

After a while we both got bored with the concept and I let him go.

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
Knee kicks sound really effective I am surprised you don't see it used more often.

Must be really complicated to learn or something.

I sense a touch of sarcasm there. They are in fact very simple, you just need to be accurate. My instructor used one when a guy tried to grab him from behind once, that was all he needed. there are some very good reasons you do not see them very often:

1) The lack of variety in your experiences.
2) Too much exposure to sport in lieu of self defence methods, most leg kicks in combat sporting matches are aimed at the thighs to prevent serious injury.
3) Lack of opportunity of kicks to the knee being caught on video due to the sudden nature of attacks in the street where kicks to the knee would be utilized in self defence.

Latest Discussions