This guy would kick 90% of BlackBelts *** **WARNING -- EXPLICIT CONTENT**

yorukage

White Belt
Reaction score
Black belt would use too complicated technics and overthink.

This guy just hits hard, even if you use a fancy block, he will hurt you. Just hit threw it.

1. He's not fighting black belts in this video, so there's no proof to your claim.
2. Your profile lists boxing as your martial art, so it's no wonder you think someone as limited as this guy would defeat black belts. Your opinion is going to be skewed. (and before you accuse me of doing the same thing with my art, I've done many martial arts and wrestling and amateur boxing. Pure boxers have never fared well in the UFC, think about that, especially in the 80s and 90s when there were know weight classes and fewer rules).
3. This guy is strong, but a one trick pony. He is also fat and slow and is obviously winded by the end. A martial artist would play around with him to tire him out, then kick out his knees.
4. A martial artist, a good one, wouldn't just try to block this guys haymakers. A black belt should be able to avoid them easily, then move in for the attack to his knees that are already week from carrying his fat butt. Look how he walks, he is not limber and walks stiff legged because of his weight and his low state of fitness.

Reactions: MJS

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Question for the bouncers here. Is it legal for you to carry a taser? Also, why were the bouncers fighting this guy outside the bar? I thought the idea was to get the guy outside and leave him there... what's going on here? Why would they engage this guy like this, particularly in a crowd sympathetic to the dude?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Question for the bouncers here. Is it legal for you to carry a taser? Also, why were the bouncers fighting this guy outside the bar? I thought the idea was to get the guy outside and leave him there... what's going on here? Why would they engage this guy like this, particularly in a crowd sympathetic to the dude?

No for the taser.

You fight them out the front to get the guy to go away otherwise he is a threat to you or a threat to patrons coming into the venues. If you leave him sitting there then he can smack you as soon as you turn your back.

Or he may have already hit someone and the bouncer was encouraging him not to do that again.

Damn tasers would be cool.

Last edited:

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
See the way he beats up those bouncers. Given a few months of boxing training, that naturally strong, intimidating and powerful guy would take out 99% of blackbelts.

Hmm, I have to ask, just what is your agenda here? You have been here since December last year (6 months now), initially joining to jump into a conversation on whether an underweight person could realistically defend themselves, only to belittle all martial arts, methods, instructors, students, and more, showing no actual clue about what is involved in any of them… then disappeared until this thread… where you're doing the same thing again.

Black belt would use too complicated technics and overthink.

This guy just hits hard, even if you use a fancy block, he will hurt you. Just hit threw it.

Here's the thing… there's no such thing as a single type of "black belt"… so there's no way to make such a statement. How about some of the skills I hold a black belt in? How's the big guys ability to defend against a sword? Or a naginata? The point is that there isn't only one type of martial art, there isn't only one type of black belt, there isn't only one type of skill set, there isn't only one type of school, there ins't only one type of methodology… no matter how much they all look alike in the movies. If you saw the kinds of things that I do, for instance, you potentially wouldn't recognise it as what you think of as martial arts… especially if you saw my modern "street" material.

Honestly, you seem to have a rather inaccurate view of what martial arts actually entail… the scope of the term, as well as the specifics of various systems. There is nothing to suggest that any martial artist would automatically go to "complicated techniques" or overthink anything… in fact, there's quite a bit to deny that supposition. And a "fancy block"? What would that be? Look, my suggestion is to ignore what you see in the movies, don't pay attention to anything done for looks (XMA, for example), and perhaps refrain from criticising something you obviously have very limited (if any) experience with.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Kofo

Kofo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Bit hard to knock someone out by kicking them in their knee.

Yes sure, but if it really is such a good trick to break the knees, then why does it never happen in the UFC. It seems really harder to do than most like to think.

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes sure, but if it really is such a good trick to break the knees, then why does it never happen in the UFC. It seems really harder to do than most like to think.

There are several reasons, including:

1. Not everything that is effective appears in the UFC.
2. How many fighters in the UFC purposely go out there to break their opponent's leg? None, that's how many.
3. The fighters do not do side kicks to the legs very often.
4. Probably about 95% of the leg kicks in the UFC are roundhouse kicks to the thighs so there is only a very small chance of it happening.

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
oh dear we've gone back to dragging mma into it again ;)

the OP said black belts and as there is no official belted ranking in mma then you've gone n twisted it again.

the guy in the vid would be pretty useful in a muay thai environment but would come unstuck elsewhere -- his body positioning left him off balance more than once, his guard was down all the time but yup with a bit of training would be a handful.

size isn't everything !!!!! it's what you do and how you move with what you've got ;) oh and a pair of **** always helps as a destraction ;)

OP
Kofo

Kofo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
oh dear we've gone back to dragging mma into it again ;)

the OP said black belts and as there is no official belted ranking in mma then you've gone n twisted it again.

the guy in the vid would be pretty useful in a muay thai environment but would come unstuck elsewhere -- his body positioning left him off balance more than once, his guard was down all the time but yup with a bit of training would be a handful. ;)

Unlike a blackbelt who would be in 100% balance and with a guard the entire fight.

OP
Kofo

Kofo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
There are several reasons, including:

2. How many fighters in the UFC purposely go out there to break their opponent's leg? None, that's how many.

Because it is virtually impossible

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Because it is virtually impossible

That's clearly not accurate also you don't need to break the leg to drop someone. I stepped in a pot hole the other day twisted my knee and fell down. Tore my meniscus and have been in physical therapy and rehab since that was an accident with a small pot hole

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
breaking legs does happen in ufc same with arms, hands and fingers.

it's just that the level and amount of training that goes into a ufc fighter helps to prevent injuries like those described. on the street there are all sorts of hazards that can be used --- look in the video - there are cars moving within inches of them, if the guy had had half a sense of where he was he could've bounced the guy off a moving car ;) job done ;)

shame about your knee - hope you got your local authority to have a look at fixing it :)

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Black Belt is as much about fight avoidance as it is technical combat ability. Most black belts would never have to fight this man, they would simply leave. I can run faster scared than he can mad.

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
all martial arts are effectively about defence.

if you have to fight then you use your skills - the guy in the vid had very few skills and a short fuse --- receipe for disaster ?????

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I think I'm done here, the OP is making broad statements unsupported by fact or any credible experience, so there's nothing to discuss.

For an MA practitioner with a rudimentary understanding of self defence, even if you're unable to de-escalate or pre-empt, a big sweeping right is one of the things that you've trained for the most and are most ready to deal with. Could even be considered as something of a gift compared to other attacks that could have come, especially when the attacker's other hand's low. Raining forearm strikes, hammer fists and palm heels all over the throat and brachial nerve. Why wait for him to gas out and give him another opportunity? Take his oxygen or blood supply now.

The guys size makes a difference to his speed and fitness, and the amount of power needed to unbalance him, as well as how hard he hits. It also gives him more inertia, meaning he accepts more energy from every one of your hits, because they probably won't move him. Advantages and disadvantages.

Surely he still has a weak windpipe and the same exposed vulnerable points as the rest of us? If we're playing a striking game (which he is in the vid), the advantage is with me. If we wrestle, then yeah, I'm gonna struggle.

Gnarlie

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
See the way he beats up those bouncers. Given a few months of boxing training, that naturally strong, intimidating and powerful guy would take out 99% of blackbelts.

Perhaps you need to meet more black belts. Do you hold a black belt in any art?

As to the video, I really don't see much fighting by the 'bouncers' there. Are you sure they are bouncers?

Last edited by a moderator:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Question for the bouncers here. Is it legal for you to carry a taser?
I think it depends on state laws. Here a bouncer cant, but a security officer can. I only know of one bar that employees a security officer and only one of them the rest are just bouncers. He has a taser but Ive never known him to use it yet. Not many bars bother with Security officers because they cost more for training and usually demand more pay then regular bouncers. This is all new here however because up until a year and half ago tasers were banned by the city council not even police could have them.

OP
Kofo

Kofo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
As to the video, I really don't see much fighting by the 'bouncers' there. Are you sure they are bouncers?
Bingo ! Because they are afraid and psyched out.

To bad that there wasnt some Bill Gatesesque black belt there to show them.

Latest Discussions