This guy would kick 90% of BlackBelts *** **WARNING -- EXPLICIT CONTENT**

Kofo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
**** WARNING -- EXPLICIT AUDIO IN VIDEO CLIP ****

See the way he beats up those bouncers. Given a few months of boxing training, that naturally strong, intimidating and powerful guy would take out 99% of blackbelts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I disagree. He's just as vulnerable as anybody else at several points in that video.

Gnarlie

OP
Kofo

Kofo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I disagree. He's just as vulnerable as anybody else at several points in that video.

Gnarlie
Nope, 90% of blackbelts will lose to this guy. They will choke because of his agression and intimidating, muscular persona.

OP
Kofo

Kofo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hang on, it was 99% a minute ago...

Gnarlie

99% with a few months of boxing training...

However I am sure there are plenty of videos of a blackbelt taking on a guy like that, and winning...

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe if the black belts went to one of those schools that award you the rank simply for paying your tuition on time...

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
See the way he beats up those bouncers. Given a few months of boxing training, that naturally strong, intimidating and powerful guy would take out 99% of blackbelts.

You were booted out of your Martial Arts school, weren't you? (It's okay, we know.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure you can even have a muscular persona.

Seriously, the guy fights just like anyone else and has the same weaknesses as anyone else.

Is he to be fear just because he is big and aggressive? No. I know plenty of big people who fight aggressively. Some of those same people are slow, uncoordinated, tense, overcommitted, and pretty easy to deal with. Size is not as much of a factor as you might think.

Gnarlie

EddieCyrax

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yup....video clearly demonstrates the guy has knees just like the rest of us.....In a Self-defense situation with no rules, aim for the natural weak points....

Yes the dude is strong and can probably hit hard, but I do not see mad fighting skills here.... and boxing is not going to save his joints.....

Do I want to fight the guy??? Better question is do I want to fight any guy??? Answer to both is no..... But dont take this answer as an implication of my fear or lack of ability.

And by the way....I am only Brown....if that even means anything to anyone.....

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, Kofo has a point. Many martial artists underestimate the difficulty of dealing with a Tank Abbott type. A guy who has substantial advantage in size and strength and is aggressive and experienced in brawling is going to be dangerous.

The guy in the video may not have great technique, but he throws punches with power and accuracy and without hesitation. He's clearly used to being in fights.

He wouldn't be a serious challenge for a professional fighter in his weight class, but most black belts aren't pro fighters and aren't in his weight class.

It's easy to theorize about how you could break his kneecaps or poke him in the eyes. It's a lot harder to actually do it without getting knocked out in the process. Most black belts haven't been in a ton of real fights - especially not against experienced brawlers who outweigh them by 100 pounds.

(Obviously many black belts do have plenty of real world fighting experience against big, tough guys. I'm just pointing out that they are in the minority.)

That said, I don't think that a few months of boxing training would up this guy's winning percentage that much. He already has his own style of brawling that he is used to. It would take a bit longer to reprogram himself to a useful degree.

EddieCyrax

Blue Belt
Reaction score
For what it's worth, Kofo has a point. Many martial artists underestimate the difficulty of dealing with a Tank Abbott type. A guy who has substantial advantage in size and strength and is aggressive and experienced in brawling is going to be dangerous.

The guy in the video may not have great technique, but he throws punches with power and accuracy and without hesitation. He's clearly used to being in fights.

Totally agreed. I would also suggest that most black belts should know what they can/cant do.

De-escilation would be my first goal with a guy this large......Second I would attempt to maintain distance to allow reaction time to the bombs he is about to throw....from there it is completely situational....

EddieCyrax

Blue Belt
Reaction score
As I know my limits, I would never purposely go toe-to-toe with this large of a human.

I would seek my advantages where I could. Never said it would be easy......

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

He wouldn't be a serious challenge for a professional fighter in his weight class, but most black belts aren't pro fighters and aren't in his weight class.

It's easy to theorize about how you could break his kneecaps or poke him in the eyes. It's a lot harder to actually do it without getting knocked out in the process. Most black belts haven't been in a ton of real fights - especially not against experienced brawlers who outweigh them by 100 pounds.

(Obviously many black belts do have plenty of real world fighting experience against big, tough guys. I'm just pointing out that they are in the minority.)

That said, I don't think that a few months of boxing training would up this guy's winning percentage that much. He already has his own style of brawling that he is used to. It would take a bit longer to reprogram himself to a useful degree.

I have to agree with this. It's interesting, because so often we hear people say that the odds of a MAist getting into a fight are slim. We hear people ask whether or not they'd train under a teacher who didn't have real world experience. The list goes on and on. But you're right, and while I might not agree fully, with the stats that OP used, I think that many MAists, might be in trouble. Now, all that said, this guy is the typical Tank Abbot street brawler. Think about it. How many times, have we seen a MA class, in which a tech is being demo'd, and the attacker doesn't 'throw the attack correctly' and the defender asks for it again....'correctly'?

Personally, I don't see anything special about the way this guy fought, other than being big, and strong. However, IMO, this doesn't mean that he's unbeatable. Obviously, the smart thing to do is go for the more vulnerable areas, but when all else fails, I also see nothing wrong with picking something up and using it. Sure, I know...it'll probably be frowned upon by some, but if your *** is on the line, use an equalizer.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
And just to expand a bit on my last post...you're going to fight like you train. Nothing says that you have to start cross training in 5 other arts, but nothing says that you can't work your stuff, outside of class, and adapt it, if necessary. Of course, not putting yourself in this situation in the first place, is also a wise move. Big idiots like that guy in the video, aren't just found outside of bars, but many are. I don't frequent bars, so I'm already a step ahead. And taking the steps to avoid or just remove yourself from a situation like that, are important.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As I know my limits, I would never purposely go toe-to-toe with this large of a human.

I would seek my advantages where I could. Never said it would be easy......
I would fight this guy, but I might actual take on his toe. Why stand and trade punches? Squaring off with Godzilla may not be the best strategy. I doubt those guys were blackbelts. :)

Latest Discussions