Then vs. Now Differences

Alan Smithee

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Correct. It is a Korean Martial Art.

What other definitions shall we play?

I am discussing technique here. We have seen a drastic evolution in flexibility and technique among national competitors. Bill Wallace talks about how techniques were rough and unpolished in his day. He attributed it to old, stiff masters passing on the arts to westerners the first time. So it had to take maybe two or three generations until it got sharpened back to its ideal.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I am discussing technique here. We have seen a drastic evolution in flexibility and technique among national competitors. Bill Wallace talks about how techniques were rough and unpolished in his day. He attributed it to old, stiff masters passing on the arts to westerners the first time. So it had to take maybe two or three generations until it got sharpened back to its ideal.

The world has seen a drastic evolution in Martial Arts in general over the last thirty years, more so than in any other time in Martial history. May you take advantage of that going forward.

As for fast Billy's comments, I remember them, I attribute them to his Bachelor’s degree in Phys Ed and his Masters degree in Kinesiology. Bill's never been short on words. I've been on fighting teams with Bill when we were both young, probably before you were born.

paitingman

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I would say he had as fast a front leg flip (rabbit) kick as anyone I ever seen.

Front leg flip? Could you please describe rabbit kick? I'm sure I know the kick but am unfamiliar with the term. Or do you know korean name? Thank you

OP
dvcochran

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Front leg flip? Could you please describe rabbit kick? I'm sure I know the kick but am unfamiliar with the term. Or do you know korean name? Thank you
I have heard several names. The best descriptive I can think of is a high Teep.

Latest Discussions