The Drifting Argument Thread

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Dazed and confused....welcome to my world. My island, too, come to think of it. :)

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dazed and confused....welcome to my world. My island, too, come to think of it. :)
Been dazed and confused for so long it's not true
Wanted a woman, never bargained for you
Lots of people talk and few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below, yeah

You hurt and abused tellin' all of your lies
Run around sweet baby, Lord how they hypnotize
Sweet little baby I don't know where you've been
Gonna love you baby, here I come again

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
RAFT2.jpeg

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I almost ordered a veggie burger with bacon once. Something comical about that to me. Then I remembered I hate vegetables. And I like bacon. Seemed like a waste of good bacon to me. So I ordered a BLT. Hold the LT.

Speaking of LT, I haven’t heard anything about Lawrence Taylor lately. No crack parties with underage hookers lately? Or is it simply not reported anymore because no one would be surprised by LT’s antics?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I almost ordered a veggie burger with bacon once. Something comical about that to me. Then I remembered I hate vegetables. And I like bacon. Seemed like a waste of good bacon to me. So I ordered a BLT. Hold the LT.

Speaking of LT, I haven’t heard anything about Lawrence Taylor lately. No crack parties with underage hookers lately? Or is it simply not reported anymore because no one would be surprised by LT’s antics?
I think you need to ponder the perverse enjoyment of a BLT and give it another try. There is something perfectly adorable about taking something healthful and then TOTALLY ruining its health value. That alone adds its own flavor. For instance, I love cooking Brussels sprouts in duck fat. And then there's that asparagus @gpseymour made the other day - topped with prosciutto, fried eggs, and hollondaize sauce.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've never known a fat duck. A little plump, maybe, but it could have been the shirt.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You have to cook one to fully comprehend the duck fat - the chef's gold (goose fat is like the chef's platinum). :)

I once ate duck at the most famous duck restaurant in Beijing. They made duck in ways I never saw before. They made a duck strip type of thing you wrapped in a lettuce leaf after you put a bit of sauce on the leaf. Also has a small wrap for the same thing. that was delicious.... actually that is the only place I have had duck where I actually liked it. Meant my wife's family there...did not realize that this family in china included the in-laws, and in-laws children and parents, of her sister and brother. I sat there for 2.5 hours with about 20 people and understood virtually nothing being said. But the food was good....but you know what...the entire place...two whole floors of it...was loaded with Chinese people...I was the only non-Chinese in the entire place

Last edited:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I once ate duck at the most famous duck restaurant in Beijing. They made duck in ways I never saw before. They made a duck strip type of thing you wrapped in a lettuce leaf after you put a bit os sauce on the leaf. Also has a small wrap for the same thing. that was delicious.... actually that is the only place I have had duck where I actually liked it. Meant my wife's family there...did not realize that this family in china included the in-laws, and in-laws children and parents, of her sister and brother. I sat there for 2.5 hours with about 20 people and understood virtually nothing being said. But the food was good....but you know what...the entire place...to whole floors of it...was loaded with Chinese people...I was the only non-Chinese in the entire place

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
They were talking about you, Round Eye. :)

But, hey, I spent twenty five years of Holiday dinners with the in-laws. And they all spoke English....and I didn't understand a damn thing they were talking about. Still don't.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
They were talking about you, Round Eye. :)

But, hey, I spent twenty five years of Holiday dinners with the in-laws. And they all spoke English....and I didn't understand a damn thing they were talking about. Still don't.

I actually did catch a few "Yellow Hair" references.... my hair was blond then...now its mostly white...also caught a few..."you have no idea what I am saying, do you" statements.... they were talking so darn fast and all at the same time I could make out almost nothing. However muy Mandarin pronunciation got much better after that. I watched them talk and I realized that the opened their mouths as little as possible to speak and a times it was almost like watching a ventriloquist without a dummy..or maybe I was the dummy..... not sure about that one

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I once ate duck at the most famous duck restaurant in Beijing. They made duck in ways I never saw before. They made a duck strip type of thing you wrapped in a lettuce leaf after you put a bit of sauce on the leaf. Also has a small wrap for the same thing. that was delicious.... actually that is the only place I have had duck where I actually liked it. Meant my wife's family there...did not realize that this family in china included the in-laws, and in-laws children and parents, of her sister and brother. I sat there for 2.5 hours with about 20 people and understood virtually nothing being said. But the food was good....but you know what...the entire place...two whole floors of it...was loaded with Chinese people...I was the only non-Chinese in the entire place
You and @gpseymour should swap stories. Have him tell you about meeting my family in Ukraine.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
P.S. I have never met a duck dish I didn't like. My dad taught me how to stuff and roast a duck. Mom was a bit squeamish, so when it came to doing strange and unusual things with food (or doing ordinary things with strange and unusual foods), I was his assistant of choice. As the result, gutting, stuffing, and roasting a duck is something I consider to be a lot of fun. I also have no qualms about handling calamari, squid, shrimp, mushrooms of all varieties, snails, frogs, etc. As long as it tastes good - I'll eat it.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
P.S. I have never met a duck dish I didn't like. My dad taught me how to stuff and roast a duck. Mom was a bit squeamish, so when it came to doing strange and unusual things with food (or doing ordinary things with strange and unusual foods), I was his assistant of choice. As the result, gutting, stuffing, and roasting a duck is something I consider to be a lot of fun. I also have no qualms about handling calamari, squid, shrimp, mushrooms of all varieties, snails, frogs, etc. As long as it tastes good - I'll eat it.

Saw a scorpion dish at a reatraunt there....Southern style restaurant....did not order it.