The Drifting Argument Thread

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
To be fair, all fake meat is bad.

If you're going to be vegetarian (or similar), fine, be that.

Having fake meat makes it look like you're ashamed of your life choices. Trying to fit in by having something that (purports to) look like meat, but doesn't, and doesn't feel or taste like it either.

I'll eat vegetarian dishes (that aren't pretending to be meat).

If you want meat, eat meat.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Having fake meat makes it look like you're ashamed of your life choices. Trying to fit in by having something that (purports to) look like meat, but doesn't, and doesn't feel or taste like it either.

Admittedly I may be taking your post wrong, and if I am I apologize,.....relax.....I'm mostly joking....I do not like bacon...but frankly I don't care what others eat nor am I on a crusade to rid the planet of bacon..... I also don't agree with the fake meat assessment since there are multiple reasons to be a vegetarian.....mine tends to be health related...but I have also said..many many times on MT and other places...put me in a good Chinese restaurant...or am around good Chinese food..I eat meat...can't help myself....now back to drifting

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
if I am I apologize,.....relax.....I'm mostly joking....I do not like bacon...

No apology required, if you don't like bacon that's fine (you're weird, but that's fine too ;))

. I also don't agree with the fake meat assessment since there are multiple reasons to be a vegetarian.....

My wife is a vegetarian, just doesn't like meat. (Shush at the back, wash your mind out...)

She thinks pretty much the same as I do about fake meat.

There are many reasons for someone to be vegetarian (all strange, but I'm not judging) but if you decide to do that, why not choose actual food instead of over-processed, man made, factory grown, stripped out rubbish?

Vegetables have feelings too, don't insult them ;)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've had some vegetarian sausage that tasted very much like meat sausage. And some veggie burgers that do a good job of approximating the overtones and texture of carmelized beef. The ones that get it right do so by not always trying to get exactly the same taste (which usually fails horribly) but by approximating the texture and getting the key points right, then letting the vegetable protein taste good on its own the rest of the way. Others that get it right do what you are saying - they just let it be a vegetable and taste like one, without trying to approximate anything related to meat. To me, it's the difference between a good veggie burger and a bean dish.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
No apology required, if you don't like bacon that's fine (you're weird, but that's fine too ;))

My wife is a vegetarian, just doesn't like meat. (Shush at the back, wash your mind out...)

She thinks pretty much the same as I do about fake meat.

There are many reasons for someone to be vegetarian (all strange, but I'm not judging) but if you decide to do that, why not choose actual food instead of over-processed, man made, factory grown, stripped out rubbish?

Vegetables have feelings too, don't insult them ;)

I do not eat processed food, even the tofu, didn't eat processed food, prior to returning to my mostly vegetarian ways. I eat mostly organic and like I said, most of what I am saying in this thread is a "joke".

For the record, I am beginning to take your posts on this topic personally and I do not come to this thread, or this sight, for this type of interaction., .....now can we let this go

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
For the record, I am beginning to take your posts on this topic personally and I do not come to this thread, or this sight, for this type of interaction., .....now can we let this go

Please don't take any of it personally.

Sarcasm may be the lowest form of wit, but it's all I have to work with at my level :panda:

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Please don't take any of it personally.

Sarcasm may be the lowest form of wit, but it's all I have to work with at my level :panda:

Select this post for the alternate ending

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
WRONG!!!!! it tastes bad because it attempts to mimmic Bacon.... which is disgusting...horrible....awful....nasty....bad...bad....

Bad to the bone
Bad to the bone
B-B-B-B-Bad
B-B-B-B-Bad
B-B-B-B-Bad
Bad to the bone

George Thorogood

That's it - denounce all your bacon. And hand it over to me.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well... at least he wouldn't be wasting it by NOT eating it. :p

You say toe-maytoe I say toe-motto...but then to be honest...nobody says toe-motto, at least I have never heard anyone say toe-motto....so why even bring it up...that's my question.....WHY? Just what the HECK do Tomatoes have to do with the price of rice in China...I ASK YOU!!! Speaking of China...tea comes from China...I like tea..so I think I'll go make myself a cup of gunpowder green tea...it is rather good.....I'd share some...but that is rather hard to do online....can't pour it on the computer...well I could...but the computer would not like it...you would still not get any tea and I'd just have to fix the computer I just broke...so sharing is not an option....speaking of Cher...my parents use to watch the Sonny and Cher show.....it was ok....but I was not a fan...and then Sonny got into politics, went skiing, hit a tree and died...Cher married Greg Allman...who is also dead...I like the band the Grateful Dead...that is until I saw them live in concert...hated them from then on...never went to see them again...did go to see Jerry Garcia live in concert after that though....got the ticket for free...hated that show too....got to judge an impromptu wet tee-shirt contest that evening though...that was fun....and then watched a guy roller skate up and down the road outside of the theater....wearing a battery powered amp and playing guitar...better than anyone in the theater I just left actually..... I use to play guitar....still have a few in my house..... but I don't play them anymore..... I play the didgeridoo these days...why do you ask?.....

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
You say toe-maytoe I say toe-motto...but then to be honest...nobody says toe-motto, at least I have never heard anyone say toe-motto....so why even bring it up...that's my question.....WHY? Just what the HECK do Tomatoes have to do with the price of rice in China...I ASK YOU!!! Speaking of China...tea comes from China...I like tea..so I think I'll go make myself a cup of gunpowder green tea...it is rather good.....I'd share some...but that is rather hard to do online....can't pour it on the computer...well I could...but the computer would not like it...you would still not get any tea and I'd just have to fix the computer I just broke...so sharing is not an option....speaking of Cher...my parents use to watch the Sonny and Cher show.....it was ok....but I was not a fan...and then Sonny got into politics, went skiing, hit a tree and died...Cher married Greg Allman...who is also dead...I like the band the Grateful Dead...that is until I saw them live in concert...hated them from then on...never went to see them again...did go to see Jerry Garcia live in concert after that though....got the ticket for free...hated that show too....got to judge an impromptu wet tee-shirt contest that evening though...that was fun....and then watched a guy roller skate up and down the road outside of the theater....wearing a battery powered amp and playing guitar...better than anyone in the theater I just left actually..... I use to play guitar....still have a few in my house..... but I don't play them anymore..... I play the didgeridoo these days...why do you ask?.....
I think putting toes into your tomatoes is gross. That's what I think. But I'll have the green tea. Minus the gunpowder - because I don't know what it will do, since my organism is mutated from some exposure to Chernobyl radiation. I don't think it's a good idea to mix radiation with gunpowder.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I think putting toes into your tomatoes is gross. That's what I think. But I'll have the green tea. Minus the gunpowder - because I don't know what it will do, since my organism is mutated from some exposure to Chernobyl radiation. I don't think it's a good idea to mix radiation with gunpowder.

Radiated Gunpowder...where they heck to you get that...... they had a factory near me making Depleted uranium ammo...it went out of business...they tore the building down....took the debris away in special railroad cars. Then the dug a deep hole and took out all the dirt too...took that away in special railroad cars...... then replaced the dirt...and the site is still sealed....... I saw a seal once.... at Sea World in San Diego... I was there on the hottest day on record for that time of year...110....I am not a big fan of intense heat......but the sea lion show was pretty good...I liked San Diego..... but I like Newport Beach and Santa Monica better..... stayed right on Santa MOnica Boulavard when I was there...they had good tea at the hotel.....which reminds be... I need to go make a cup of tea...the Chinese call it Zhū chá, or Pearl tea...we call it gunpowder tea..... I also like Pǔ'ěr tea...it is supposed to be good for the digestion...but it smells like dirt...so I call it dirt tea.....why are you talking about dirt?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Radiated Gunpowder...where they heck to you get that...... they had a factory near me making Depleted uranium ammo...it went out of business...they tore the building down....took the debris away in special railroad cars. Then the dug a deep hole and took out all the dirt too...took that away in special railroad cars...... then replaced the dirt...and the site is still sealed....... I saw a seal once.... at Sea World in San Diego... I was there on the hottest day on record for that time of year...110....I am not a big fan of intense heat......but the sea lion show was pretty good...I liked San Diego..... but I like Newport Beach and Santa Monica better..... stayed right on Santa MOnica Boulavard when I was there...they had good tea at the hotel.....which reminds be... I need to go make a cup of tea...the Chinese call it Zhū chá, or Pearl tea...we call it gunpowder tea..... I also like Pǔ'ěr tea...it is supposed to be good for the digestion...but it smells like dirt...so I call it dirt tea.....why are you talking about dirt?
I don't talk about dirt. I occasionally talk dirty. Not the same thing. Does drinking dirt tea make you talk dirty?

Did you invite the seal for tea? Did you talk dirty to the seal? You are weird. Here is a cute baby elephant seal. I like baby elephants. There was a cute small elephant in Peter Sellers' movie Party. It got painted in psychedelic patterns and then shampooed clean. The elephant - not Peter Sellers.

Latest Discussions