The Drifting Argument Thread

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Speaking of the Lord of the Rings, Every time the talk about the "Riders of Rohan" I thinking the "Relators of Roohan" which would have made that scene where the Riders come down on the uruk-hai very different.... they would have been trying to sell them property instead of trying to annihilate them.... and then the uruk-hai would have settled down, raised families and had to worry about college costs for their kids....it would have been an entirely different movie

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
They could have held a race and we could have given out a tasty beverage to the runners. The Roohan Realty Rootbeer Rally.
Then we could have held an open house, sprucing up the listing with flowers and cinnamon pot-pourri on the stove. Unless, of course, Orcs were viewing the house. Weeds and cat poop probably wow the heck out of em'.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
the Relators of Roohan selling houses to Shire folk, elves, Dwarves and the rest of middle earth.... and before you know it...they'd be a miserable as the rest of us and more afraid of the tax collector that anything else in Middle Earth.....and Sauron would be nothing but a sad old disenchanted evil wizard wondering why no one is scared of him anymore....and of course hiding in his closet trying to avoid the tax collector

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
TaxCollector.jpeg

Just sayin'.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
oh man...you took it off topic again...and how the heck you got it to getting Heinlein books from Realtors to shoot at tax collectors.... I have NO idea

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
in the US, Mcdonalds used lard (beef tallow) to cook their french fries in until 1990. then in an attempt to be more health conscious they switched to a super high trans fat vegetable oil. (not to mention that they used a GMO potato that produced its own pesticide...yum yum.) then again in 2003 they switched to a soy based oil.
in my opinion the original lard tasted the best, kinda like my grandmother saving bacon fat to cook with. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bacon fat......
One of my favorite childhood memories is about my dad teaching me how to fry eggs and crepes on lard. He had a cube of lard on a fork and deftly used it to grease the teeny cast iron pan - perfect for frying two eggs or one just-right crepe. And you can use the same cube of lard to lubricate between crepes so they don't stick to one another.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have vague notions. That's good enough.
For you. That's good enough for you. I need a list of ingredients, with reasonably thought-out proportions and fairly sensible cooking instructions. AND I want that cheesy pasta with Dubliner and cream havarti, and a salmon steak. NOW.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I’m so glad he invented the Heinlein maneuver. :)

Well, he made it famous, sure, but the original Heineken Manuever......

HeinekinManuever.jpg

.....was a move of George Costanza's father, Frank, years ago, way before Seinfeld.

CostanzaResize.jpeg

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I must say........

......... this thread is freakin' hilarious..... XD

I really do not think it's possible to even summarise it!!!

But I'm drifting a bit...

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must say........

......... this thread is freakin' hilarious..... XD

I really do not think it's possible to even summarise it!!!

But I'm drifting a bit...
In summary, we drift about drifting, then drift away from drifting, only to drift back.

And bacon.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no such time.....there is ALWAYS time for a taiji form.....
I thought about taking taiji once. I even started to sign up. The instructor handed me a stack of paper - a waiver, a sheet to enter all my personal information, a sheet to sign up for automatic payments, and who knows what else was in that stack. I just didn't have time to fill out all those forms.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I thought about taking taiji once. I even started to sign up. The instructor handed me a stack of paper - a waiver, a sheet to enter all my personal information, a sheet to sign up for automatic payments, and who knows what else was in that stack. I just didn't have time to fill out all those forms.

Have never filled out a form in a CMA school.... are you sure it was taiji and Taebo

Latest Discussions