Taser Defense?

FieldDiscipline

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Does the Taser complete the eletrical circuit using the second wire or does it earth using the ground?

I'm also curious as to how much it hurts, does it just lock you up or does it really hurt too? Do the barbs penetrate skin?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the Taser complete the eletrical circuit using the second wire or does it earth using the ground?

I'm also curious as to how much it hurts, does it just lock you up or does it really hurt too? Do the barbs penetrate skin?
The Taser completes the circuit via the two leads or barbs. A one barb hit is inneffective. It also requires a certain spread between the barbs for the NMI pulse to work; without that, it's just a pain-compliance effect.

As to the feeling... It's very uncomfortable and disorienting. Your muscles are all locking, pulling against each other, harder than you can do voluntarily. There's some localized burning sort of pain at the point of the barbs. It's an individual experience; I know one guy who's a Taser instructor who says it's kind of like a massage! Personally... I'd take another hit from a Taser over being sprayed with OC or clocked with a baton -- but it's not something I'm going out of my way to experience!

Latest Discussions