steven seagal

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Again, I am not knocking his ability with Aikido. I do remember seeing the E! True Hollywood story on Seagal, both women stated in front of camera what their experience with him was like.

By the way, I have talked with Elliott Freeman. He is the instructor for a club call Three Rivers Aikido. He and his students travel to Cali and stay with him once a year so they can belt test.

If you would like here is the website.

http://www.threeriversaikido.com/newsite/index.php

Calm Intention

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:
If they are true, and I suspect some are given human nature, than good for him! You never fight on the street unless you have to protect yourself or others - not because some punk challenged you.

That, and the fact that a real martial artist doesn't disgrace the arts or the tradition- especially the Aikido discipline's spritual philosophy.

**Since this was only brought up in two entries here:
I don't know if S.S. was C.I.A. or Special Forces for fact, but early on in his movie career, I'd have sworn this was true.
With that in mind, and some of those early flicks scripts and their sharp attack on 'not so nice' things our intell was doing in Vietnam, etc.;; along with his numerous efforts to expose Corporate Crime(in his movies),,, Sensei Segal is what you might want to define as a 'target' for the Establisment...person non-grata, etc.
And when you become this type person(which takes mucho guts!), they never leave you alone, and will always try to foment attacks upon your character.
Now the question is whether Segal's past is accurate, and even if not, the message in many of his films, are hot buttons for many powerful people.
*and if you doubt that, you're kidding yourself big-time.

**7th Dan:asian: ; the average never makes it to 7th