Does Steven Seagal still teach Aikido?

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
even that,, while legit on paper does not come without its own dubious story of how it was attained.
but given that i have a severe dislike of the guy, his Aikido is solid,, or was as the case may be.

Hmmmm sorry my wording was off a bit

His first wife did he own set of Aikido DVD's and a book. Which I don't know if it been translated but lol and this is very unusual for a Japanese woman she had a right go at him in it so what you say as regards dubious might make sense

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hmmmm sorry my wording was off a bit

His first wife did he own set of Aikido DVD's and a book. Which I don't know if it been translated but lol and this is very unusual for a Japanese woman she had a right go at him in it so what you say as regards dubious might make sense

i was referring to something totally removed from his ex wife. its not something worth getting into but most practitioners have a teacher and can point to them and say ..so and so was my teacher. Seagal has a little difficulty doing that. i can say i trained Shin Shin Toitsu with Ed Haupt and A.A.A under Fumio Toyoda. when people are fuzzy about things like that you gotta wonder why.

Mazouni

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Seagal martial arts training can be very conventional . However,he is a very highly skilled Aikido practitioner and he has done a lot to Aikido and martial arts community and made in grow. In my opinion Seagal fixed a lot gaps he saw in Aikido.

Last edited: