State of the arts????

fatninja

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys, I 'm going to be a PITA again, I'm noticing people putting new post up here are few and far between, is this becoming an obscure art??

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I 'm going to be a PITA again, I'm noticing people putting new post up here are few and far between, is this becoming an obscure art??
I don't think it's exactly obscure. There are plenty of people out there still practicing the X-kan arts. We just don't have so many of them currently active on this forum at the moment. Chris Parker trains/teaches in one of the X-kan spin-off groups, but he mostly comments on other people's threads rather than starting his own. Brian VanCise still does some training in the Bujinkan, but I believe it's mostly as a supplement, with his main focus being on his own IRT system. There are a few folks like myself who used to train before moving on to different arts. I think most of our members who primarily practice in one of the x-kans have not been active for a while. Not sure exactly why that is.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
A lot of pita around here? Where's my loaf? You guys holding out on me? I'm Armenian, that's pretty much the only bread we eat.
Yeah I meant the second part of Tony's post lol

RSD

White Belt
Reaction score

I have only been studying in the Bujinkan for just under 2 years, so I do not really post as I do not have much to contribute. I don't think it is as common to find practitioners as other arts (at least in my observations), so I would not expect to see a lot of posts.

EWBell

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Been a long time since I've posted on any message board. I think other forms of social media have changed the way people interact and discuss things.

BujinBos

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It seems the discussion boards/forums/etc have been in decline. Folks nowadays seem to like blogs and Facebook groups from what I have been seeing. I still like the forums, but I guess Im getting old, :)

everflow

White Belt
Reaction score
i appreciate the forum i dont like whole social media thing for certain martial arts unless they are announce competitive or to announce seminars that said is there a way to get ahold of certain members here is there a pm system?

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i appreciate the forum i dont like whole social media thing for certain martial arts unless they are announce competitive or to announce seminars that said is there a way to get ahold of certain members here is there a pm system?
Click on the user's name, then click "Start a conversation"

Latest Discussions