Six core elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Those that follow a straighter line instead of curve should generate more power? If that IS the case, then wouldn't wing chun systems which maintain more linear technique be technically stronger with power generation?

I'm still a novice with the art, I only ask for the sake of better understanding and seeing if I can modify my techniques to have that better power generation.
In wing chun most movement is circular, Force is linear. Huge difference. Proper movement to proper position (alignment) at the proper time is what is important.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Centrifugal force can generate more than linear force when propelled with the same amount of energy from the root source.
Both the praying mantis and the CLF systems have a punch called "哈拳 (Ha Quan) - parry and punch back with the same arm" which is a spiral punch. The nice thing about that spiral punch is it can be used to hit your opponent's body that a straight line punch cannot reach. It can also be used as block/deflect and punch back by using the same arm.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
he is just sharing his view free of charge to try and help other chuners to get a different perspective on what they are practicing. Take it or leave it, ....
Someone said in another thread as the following.

"I love the comment one teacher gave when asked why he wouldn't talk on internet forums. 'Why argue... with students?' "

Why do you want to get into online discussion if you have "Why argue... with students?" attitude?

Last edited:

kung fu fighter

Green Belt
Reaction score
Someone said in another thread as the following.

"I love the comment one teacher gave when asked why he wouldn't talk on internet forums. 'Why argue... with students?' "

Why do you want to get into online discussion if you have "Why argue... with students?" attitude?

Then it would just be the blind leading the blind on this forum. lol

I for one am glad when teachers from different WCK linages share a different perspective on a subject, as I can gain more from the discussions. This include Hendrik, KPM, geezer, Kwan Sau etc, I also enjoyed reading dlcox's insights into "Gross Motor Skill vs. Combined Motor Skill vs. Fine Motor Skill" in the thread entitled "Rambling Ruminations" even though I have my own take on the subject. If every one always agrees this would be a boring place to visit. lol

dlcox

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Okay. What is so ground braking here?

Nothing, basic White Crane sensitivity drills done with compliant partners standing square to opponent. Exactly the same as the last few videos put out illustrating "7 Bows", "Snake Engine" and "Force Flow". Just marketing for the new book that details this recently discovered "Revolutionary" method.

zuti car

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yup, Tai Chi and White Crane , nothing new , nothing original . It would be interesting to touch hands with this Sergio guy ...

OP
H

Hendrik

Green Belt
Reaction score
image.jpg

OP
H

Hendrik

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have read Sifu Sergio's book on the "6 Core Elements" and found it wonderfully interesting.It is a book that I highly recommend.

And I can clearly see how Hendrick's research has greatly contributed to the knowledge of the art as mentioned in the book.

I think part of the issue Hendrick Had on this board had was we could not understand your way of expressing this knowledge but after reading Sifu Sergio's book I see it as very clear!

I would like to offer Hendrik my very sincere apologies. It is my sincere hope that you will accept my apology and that we can become friends well into the future.

Please accept my apology.
image.php

Ron Goninan
China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
White Crane Research Institute Inc
http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
A seeker of the way

dlcox

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Funny that those that could not comprehend what taught, once explained to in a new format believe the information to be profound. IMO all that this promotion does is highlight the lack of knowledge held by those impacted by it.

I wish the IWKA and all of its supporters and affiliates much success! The promotion is paying off.

This just goes to prove IMO that many "Masters" of Yong Chun today have very little knowledge of the art, but what do you expect when so many of them only trained for 2 or 3 years and never fought anyone.

Maybe we should all jump on the band wagon and share in the profits!

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing, basic White Crane sensitivity drills done with compliant partners standing square to opponent. Exactly the same as the last few videos put out illustrating "7 Bows", "Snake Engine" and "Force Flow". Just marketing for the new book that details this recently discovered "Revolutionary" method.

Thanks. While the vid was interesting watch, I did get a little confused on what was being practised.

OP
H

Hendrik

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks. While the vid was interesting watch, I did get a little confused on what was being practised.

Get his book or attend his seminar.

It is much more then what most think. Lots of details beyond the external looks

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have read Sifu Sergio's book on the "6 Core Elements" and found it wonderfully interesting.It is a book that I highly recommend.

And I can clearly see how Hendrick's research has greatly contributed to the knowledge of the art as mentioned in the book.

I think part of the issue Hendrick Had on this board had was we could not understand your way of expressing this knowledge but after reading Sifu Sergio's book I see it as very clear!

I would like to offer Hendrik my very sincere apologies. It is my sincere hope that you will accept my apology and that we can become friends well into the future.

Please accept my apology.
image.php

Ron Goninan
China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
White Crane Research Institute Inc
http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
A seeker of the way

Ron use to post here.....so why did he not post this here himself and why did you post it...... if you like, I could post something similar from Ron that says he thinks you like puppies and dance the mambo every Thursday night...... so to sum up, that post, since it was not from Ron and there is no way to verify it...means nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions