Power or agility

Why not have both? Power dosnt mean slow.

Yes, of course you both are right, he's powerful, too.

What I actually meant is that I didn't expect to see a slim man competing in a sumo tournament, and I didn't expect him to use such a technique. Usually I imagine sumo as a sport for “heavy-heavy weight” fighters. So before watching the video I thought the bigger, “sumo-sized” wrestler would push the “undersized” one out of the dojo; actually, he pushed himself out. I simply wanted to point out the strategic device used by the “little boy” to avoid the collision. And I have to say he achieved. Maybe bumping into the big rikishi wouldn't be so effective; the dodging action looks appropriate and unexpected, so it is amazing too.

I hope it's clearer now.

There's a lot more to sumo than many people realize... watch matches closely, and you'll recognize elements in common with judo, jujitsu, and striking styles.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes, of course you both are right, he's powerful, too.

What I actually meant is that I didn't expect to see a slim man competing in a sumo tournament, and I didn't expect him to use such a technique. Usually I imagine sumo as a sport for “heavy-heavy weight” fighters. So before watching the video I thought the bigger, “sumo-sized” wrestler would push the “undersized” one out of the dojo; actually, he pushed himself out. I simply wanted to point out the strategic device used by the “little boy” to avoid the collision. And I have to say he achieved. Maybe bumping into the big rikishi wouldn't be so effective; the dodging action looks appropriate and unexpected, so it is amazing too.

I hope it's clearer now.
His performance is one of "fighting smarter". Thanks for sharing the video. I never knew he existed so I gain something valuable to day as I'm a little less ignorant than I was the day before.

You need strength to move quickly and explosively, and you need speed and agility to bring strength to bear...

I'd say it's not even a question of "why not have both," but rather that you need one to have the other.

Latest Discussions

Back