Paul Janulis on Fox News?

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just thought I'd share.

I was in the lead story in tonights evening news. And no, not as the creepy guy who raids womens panty drawers. lol

They did a feature story on the latest Detroit crime spree, and they wanted some self-defense tips. So, they brought me in for that segment. There has been a new wave of criminals (they think it is one guy doing most of it though) bumping womens cars while driving on the road. When they get out to asses the damage, the criminal beats them up and takes their purse. The ol' bump and jack is an old trick, but I guess they decided to feature it tonight.

So, I was interviewed, and I gave self-defense tips on how to handle a situation like that. It was only a couple of minutes, but it was the lead story. The correspondent said that she really liked having me on and that she wants to bring me back in the future. I was representing The Great Lakes Self Defense Association (see banner on gun forum) which is how she found me.

It was a cool experience to be able to give life saving tips to a much wider audience then at a seminar or class. I hope to do it again some day.

I'll provide a clip for you guys to see when I can get it online.

:)

Paul

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cool.

Please remember us little people now that you have made it to the top! ;)

Post a clip when you can. :)

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations! This is great news - years of hard work are starting to pay off. I'd love to see the clip.

On edit: I hope someone nominates your avatar. I've already made my nomination (2), but I think yours is great also.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
I just thought I'd share.

I was in the lead story in tonights evening news. And no, not as the creepy guy who raids womens panty drawers. lol

They did a feature story on the latest Detroit crime spree, and they wanted some self-defense tips. So, they brought me in for that segment. There has been a new wave of criminals (they think it is one guy doing most of it though) bumping womens cars while driving on the road. When they get out to asses the damage, the criminal beats them up and takes their purse. The ol' bump and jack is an old trick, but I guess they decided to feature it tonight.

So, I was interviewed, and I gave self-defense tips on how to handle a situation like that. It was only a couple of minutes, but it was the lead story. The correspondent said that she really liked having me on and that she wants to bring me back in the future. I was representing The Great Lakes Self Defense Association (see banner on gun forum) which is how she found me.

It was a cool experience to be able to give life saving tips to a much wider audience then at a seminar or class. I hope to do it again some day.

I'll provide a clip for you guys to see when I can get it online.

Paul
on Fox?
do you really need to be a conservative republican with church approval to go on that channel?
just kidding
how did they contact u?

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
mantis said:
on Fox?
do you really need to be a conservative republican with church approval to go on that channel?
just kidding
how did they contact u?

They contacted me at an anti-abortion rally put on by my church group. :rofl: kidding....

They actually contacted me through GLSDA, the organization I mentioned before (see banner on firearms forum). I am a GLSDA member and part of the instructor alliance program. GLSDA is really a great self-defense advocacy group that I am glad that I am a part of. We have been landmark on doing things to bring self-defense issues to legislatures here in Michigan, as well as propigating safety and self-defense in the Great Lakes Region. The group is supported by a lot of LEO and Operators, attorneys, and private citizens. A good group to be a part of, btw, if any of you have the chance to do so. I am just kind of awed at the fact that they choose me as the most credable person to do the segment, over the multitudes of LEO and martial arts/self-defense instructors that they could have chosen. I have been focusing on helping people through instruction and promoting life saving info rather then self-promotion or marketing, so it came as kind of a shocker that a large news organization actually noticed me.

But, I guess hard work pays off. They might have me back too, which would be nice... but we'll see.

As to the clip; I'll get it online, but it might take me a month. I have to copy it from VHS to DVD, and send the DVD to Bob and see if he can work some magic. In about 2 weeks here I am going to work with Bob Hubbard(an awesome person to go to if you need webhosting/design btw) to get my new site launched, where I hope to have the clip as well. I have been crazy busy for months now and just haven't had the time to do crap with my website...but stay tuned, as that will change soon.

Thanks again for the nice comments, all!

Paul

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:
Congratulations! This is great news - years of hard work are starting to pay off. I'd love to see the clip.

On edit: I hope someone nominates your avatar. I've already made my nomination (2), but I think yours is great also.

Thanks man. I chose it when I got my new puppy. I named him Cerberus. He's kind of like our mascott, as he always hangs out when we're training! :)

Paul

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
They contacted me at an anti-abortion rally put on by my church group. :rofl: kidding....

They actually contacted me through GLSDA, the organization I mentioned before (see banner on firearms forum). I am a GLSDA member and part of the instructor alliance program. GLSDA is really a great self-defense advocacy group that I am glad that I am a part of. We have been landmark on doing things to bring self-defense issues to legislatures here in Michigan, as well as propigating safety and self-defense in the Great Lakes Region. The group is supported by a lot of LEO and Operators, attorneys, and private citizens. A good group to be a part of, btw, if any of you have the chance to do so. I am just kind of awed at the fact that they choose me as the most credable person to do the segment, over the multitudes of LEO and martial arts/self-defense instructors that they could have chosen. I have been focusing on helping people through instruction and promoting life saving info rather then self-promotion or marketing, so it came as kind of a shocker that a large news organization actually noticed me.

But, I guess hard work pays off. They might have me back too, which would be nice... but we'll see.

As to the clip; I'll get it online, but it might take me a month. I have to copy it from VHS to DVD, and send the DVD to Bob and see if he can work some magic. In about 2 weeks here I am going to work with Bob Hubbard(an awesome person to go to if you need webhosting/design btw) to get my new site launched, where I hope to have the clip as well. I have been crazy busy for months now and just haven't had the time to do crap with my website...but stay tuned, as that will change soon.

Paul
hard work definitely pays off... it might just test ur patience sometimes.
Im asking coz there was this one time Fox news came to my school to interview a bunch of my friends but instead of saying who they were (my firneds wouldnt have talked to them) they said they were UPN 13!

what site is this you're working on?

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
mantis said:
hard work definitely pays off... it might just test ur patience sometimes.
Im asking coz there was this one time Fox news came to my school to interview a bunch of my friends but instead of saying who they were (my firneds wouldnt have talked to them) they said they were UPN 13!

what site is this you're working on?

Just my new website for Tulisan Combat Systems.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Paul,

That is way cool! Wish I would have known, but
I will wait till you get the clip up to watch it. Hard
work always pays off if you just keep at it! Good
job! See you at the next seminar!

Brian R. VanCise

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats awesome Paul!!! I'm looking forward to the clip.

Mike

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow, Paul! Can I have your autograph? Don't forget about us "little" people you knew back when....

Seriously, Congrats, Bro. Can't wait to see the clips!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tulisan said:

They actually contacted me through GLSDA, the organization I mentioned before (see banner on firearms forum). I am a GLSDA member and part of the instructor alliance program. GLSDA is really a great self-defense advocacy group that I am glad that I am a part of.

. . .

Paul

Here is the link: http://glsda.org/

Latest Discussions