Last Poster #7

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Had a health scare this week.
Felt blah to rotten. Decided I'd see a doc today.
Turns out all I needed was a good cry.
Not surprising having the total $h!t storm the last 3 years were.

The poor triage nurses. bless them.
I'm so sorry... please be gentle and kinder than necessary with yourself. Thinking of you and sending love 💗

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was a sad day. I had to get rid of my car after the ‘mechatronics’ of it’s duel clutch gearbox began failing. I was offered £350 of it‘s healthy £4700 value 😢

I have to look for a new car next week as I’m now virtually housebound😳

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I did a thing today at the grocery store today. I bought kiwis. And lemons. And tangerines. And grapefruit, but back to kiwi. A week ago I bought a kiwi cause its 48 cents and I thought itd be a funny purchase. I tried sundried or dehydrated kiwis or whatever you wanna call them. I didn't hate them, but I didn't like them. Well after trying a normal one, I get to thinking. Huh... That should be a war crime! Cause this thing is amazing just the way it is. Fast forward to today, I bought five. They're a pain in the butt to peel but oh so worth it.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a thing today at the grocery store today. I bought kiwis. And lemons. And tangerines. And grapefruit, but back to kiwi. A week ago I bought a kiwi cause its 48 cents and I thought itd be a funny purchase. I tried sundried or dehydrated kiwis or whatever you wanna call them. I didn't hate them, but I didn't like them. Well after trying a normal one, I get to thinking. Huh... That should be a war crime! Cause this thing is amazing just the way it is. Fast forward to today, I bought five. They're a pain in the butt to peel but oh so worth it.
Are kiwi fruit unusual where you live?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Mine was a sad day. I had to get rid of my car after the ‘mechatronics’ of it’s duel clutch gearbox began failing. I was offered £350 of it‘s healthy £4700 value 😢

I have to look for a new car next week as I’m now virtually housebound😳
Was it a VW? I vaguely recall there were some issues with them.

HighKick

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
It is an anti-inflammatory. It is not Advil.
That is my primary use. I said 'Advil' as a (bad) reference to NSAID's. I have no clue if they are chemically the same other than potency, but it does work for me as far as inflammation is concerned.
I have taken it for around 2-decades. Should I be concerned if I have never had any adverse side effects?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Another glorious day in the office...... somedays it is just better to shake your head and simply walk away.......

But as for the rest, after the Tdap vaccine yesterday, my arms feel like I spent the day yesterday lifting weights and I have no energy at all..... did push hands this morning, felt great, but took it easy......and I still have a martial arts class to go to tonight

Last edited:
OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You bought a kiwi? I didn't think you could buy people anymore!

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is my primary use. I said 'Advil' as a (bad) reference to NSAID's. I have no clue if they are chemically the same other than potency, but it does work for me as far as inflammation is concerned.
I have taken it for around 2-decades. Should I be concerned if I have never had any adverse side effects?
The big problem with it is drug-induced liver injury. It's one of the most common causes. And it doesn't seem to be really firmly linked to how long you've been using it. So you might want to at least consider trying one of the newer NSAIDs.

gyoja

3rd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the flooding continues. At least the fishing and duck season will be great!

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think so? Maybe. They don't grow them out here, but the grocery store sells them. I've never considered buying them.
Next you should try a…papaya 😳

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You bought a kiwi? I didn't think you could buy people anymore!
Not people.... that's silly....he's not a cannibal, I'm pretty sure @donald1 was talking about the bird

029-Queen-Charlotte-Track-Chris-McLennan__aWxvdmVrZWxseQo_CropResizeWzE5MDAsMTAwMCw3NSwianBnIl0.jpg

HighKick

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The big problem with it is drug-induced liver injury. It's one of the most common causes. And it doesn't seem to be really firmly linked to how long you've been using it. So you might want to at least consider trying one of the newer NSAIDs.
Can you suggest some of the newer products? I am not familiar.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Next you should try a…papaya 😳
I seen those. I usually ignore fruit I'm not familiar with. I think I'll do that next time. In pictures it gots so many seeds. Kinda makes me think of watermelon but all the seeds are conveniently in the middle.

Not people.... that's silly....he's not a cannibal, I'm pretty sure @donald1 was talking about the bird

029-Queen-Charlotte-Track-Chris-McLennan__aWxvdmVrZWxseQo_CropResizeWzE5MDAsMTAwMCw3NSwianBnIl0.jpg
too adorable to not wanna pet. I'd risk getting pecked. Probably.

Latest Discussions