Hi everyone, I just wanted to share my latest project that I recently completed. I had purchased a tomahawk online from a blacksmith who smiths them out of ball peen hammers. The head of the hawk is really nice, and he had fitted a beautiful handle made of curly maple. I loved the handle. The problem was, it tapered down a bit too much and wasn't quite comfortable in my grip. So I took it upon myself to make a new handle. I got a bit of hickory, cut out a blank and shaped it down on a belt sander. It was a bit of work but not too onerous, and I kinda liked the challenge of making something new that I'd never done before. it turned out really nice, comfortable in my grip and a very tight fit in the hawk head. I gave the handle a light burn with a torch, re-sanded again, and then finished it with linseed oil. It's not as pretty as the curly maple, but it's still attractive, and is more appropriate for solid use and durability. I was gonna post some pictures, but the battery pack in my camera died. I'll try and add some later. anyway, it was a fun and interesting project, and I thought i'd share with you all.