Oh sweet seduction, thy name is...Glock

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ancient weapons and hokey religions aren't a match for a good Glock at your side.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed the Glocks.

One thing, though, your Attorney General still refuses to accept the current Glocks as "Massachusetts Certified," so the only ones you can get are the pre-1998 ones.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Grenadier said:

One thing, though, your Attorney General still refuses to accept the current Glocks as "Massachusetts Certified," so the only ones you can get are the pre-1998 ones.

For crying out loud!! They are one of the safest guns on the market. Would you happen to know their reasoning behind that decision?

Jeff

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Grenadier said:

Andy told me all about it. Jacks the price up nicely doncha know, supply and demand. :rolleyes:

For crying out loud!! They are one of the safest guns on the market. Would you happen to know their reasoning behind that decision?

Only the lawbreakers are allowed to have the new Glocks. Despite the fact that Massachussetts has the more college-educated people and graduate-school-educated people per capita than any other state, the government says they have to tell us what guns are "safe".

If someone shoots me with an approved Glock or an unapproved Glock, I'm still **** out of luck. But the Government knows better than me of course. I'm just a law-abiding citizen with an engineering job. I don't ever use my brain. ;)

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
JeffJ said:

Jeff

because the AG's anti gun.

And completely insane.(This is the guy who wanted to regulate *claw hammers* as "Dangerous weapons" since they apparently figured in crimes)

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
JeffJ said:
Note to self: Don't move to Mass.

How sad that the birthplace of the American Revolution so heavily restricts a right it once fought so hard for...

Carol, I am ENVIOUS! Great job, and great job Andy as well for teaching her. I would have loved to have been there with you both.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:
How sad that the birthplace of the American Revolution so heavily restricts a right it once fought so hard for...

Carol, I am ENVIOUS! Great job, and great job Andy as well for teaching her. I would have loved to have been there with you both.

Would have been great to have you along with us Jonathan. You and Andy are both boxers, you two have a bit in common :D

If you make it out east, you would be more than welcome. Consider it an open offer. :)

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Carol Kaur said:
Would have been great to have you along with us Jonathan. You and Andy are both boxers, you two have a bit in common :D

If you make it out east, you would be more than welcome. Consider it an open offer. :)

Well I was....well.............Panuntukan/Pukul IS a Filipino form of "Boxing" so yes, I suppose I could still be considered to fit the bill:D

And yes, we'd love to meet you :)

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Goldendragon7 said:
Im glad I'm out here in Arizona!! She's dangerous!!

:mp5:

New Sig :D

Oh you just wait sir. As soon as my South American trip is finished...

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Carol Kaur said:

Thanks!

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Andy Moynihan said:
Both my Glocks are Pre 98, all mags pre 94. And a hell of a time I had tracking em down.

So that restricts you to what? Second gen glocks? And the mag requirement is for pre-assault weapon ban even though it sunsetted two years ago?

Lamont

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Blindside said:
So that restricts you to what? Second gen glocks?

All second generation Glocks are Massaschusetts-approved, since they were all made before the cutoff date.

Some third generation Glocks are also approved, since there were some that were made before the cutoff date in 1998.

None of the fourth generation Glocks (the ones with the newer extractor that also serves as a loaded chamber indicator) are approved, since they were made well after that date.

And the mag requirement is for pre-assault weapon ban even though it sunsetted two years ago?

Lamont

Magazine ban still remains the same as if the assault weapons ban never expired in MA, and with more restrictions:

http://www.packing.org/state/massachusetts/

On a side note, it can actually be somewhat easier for a non-resident to get a Massachusetts permit, since non-residents apply directly to the state police, and not the local authorities, although that depends on the city.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is that John and Samuel Adams that I hear rolling in their graves?

Jeff

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Great job, Carol! :ubercool: You did a MUCH better job at the range than my best effort; I don't think I've ever hit the bullseye with a handgun.. Although...*some* formal instruction would help. My only *real* firearms training was during my 2.5 years in Army ROTC, and the only weapon I fired back then was the M-16. Nowadays, I shoot with handguns (I own a .22 caliber Walther), but as you learned, it is MUCH different than shooting with a rifle.

It's really cool that you and Andy live that close to each other. Extra incentive for me to come up for a visit. :D

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Swordlady said:
Great job, Carol! :ubercool: You did a MUCH better job at the range than my best effort; I don't think I've ever hit the bullseye with a handgun.. Although...*some* formal instruction would help. My only *real* firearms training was during my 2.5 years in Army ROTC, and the only weapon I fired back then was the M-16. Nowadays, I shoot with handguns (I own a .22 caliber Walther), but as you learned, it is MUCH different than shooting with a rifle.

It's really cool that you and Andy live that close to each other. Extra incentive for me to come up for a visit. :D

Anytime you like :D

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Swordlady said:

Andy Moynihan said:
Anytime you like :D

You bet! It sure would be great to use my guest bedroom for, you know, a guest...instead of an office :eek: :eek: Stunning concept!

Latest Discussions