Music

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Heh heh, hey, all I can say is I remember the situation, if not the details... I was THERE and saw it first hand, no lie man... YOU toured with em, you tell me, You never saw that kind of behaivor from em???

G

Galvatron

This is a long one... :)

I've seen incidents like that many times. The thing you mentioned that started was the condition of the venue. Each venue is faxed a copy of the technical rider by the booking agency, containing the minimum requirements for the band to play, days if not weeks ahead of the confirmed date.
The rider contains the neccessary equipment, including power output of the PA system, amount of free channels on the club mixer (a certain amount of the channels must be dedicated to EHC, and not for use by opening acts), amount of microphones needed, number of monitors needed, and number of stage hands to assist with load in and load out.
Many promoters will simply ignore this or assume the venue already has said items, resulting in us being really pissed off when we show up and see that the venue has a setup well below our minimum standards to perform. So we are faced with canceling the show at the last moment and not getting paid, or performing (and most likely sucking, because we can't hear ourselves on stage, or because the PA system cuts out), in order to get paid, we've had to kick the crap out of more than one promoter for trying to weasel out of paying us because we couldnt complete a set due to the condition of the venue's PA system.
In addition to this technical rider, the venue is also faxed a copy of the hospitality rider; which contains the items the venue must have on hand for the band. Such as: Drinks, food, changing area, etc. Many promoters will simply discard this rider (even though fulfilling it is in the contract) and try to bribe us with a 2 liter of coke and a pizza (that has actually happened).
So showing up to a substandard venue with no food or drink, combined with the fact that the band has probably been driving numerous hours prior to arrival to make load in on time, only to get stuck debating whether or not to cancel the show can make for a very cranky and abrasive group of people.
As for the gang bang rumor, well like I said it's hard to do that in a van. Its been my first hand experience though that the EHC does not need to make up stories of that nature, as it tends actually happen on a near regular basis while on tour.

The time frame you put it in puts me in the clear, as I had stepped down as Keyboardist in early 1998 and was uninvolved with the band until last year, so I can't tell you for sure what went down. I can however inquire as to whether or not Thomas, Rick, or Sabrina remember the incident, and see what they have to say about it.
:)

OULobo- Not sure quite what to say to you there chief, other than that I'm sure EHC will return to Cleveland again some day.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Galvatron
This is a long one... :)

I've seen incidents like that many times. The thing you mentioned that started was the condition of the venue. Each venue is faxed a copy of the technical rider by the booking agency, containing the minimum requirements for the band to play, days if not weeks ahead of the confirmed date.
The rider contains the neccessary equipment, including power output of the PA system, amount of free channels on the club mixer (a certain amount of the channels must be dedicated to EHC, and not for use by opening acts), amount of microphones needed, number of monitors needed, and number of stage hands to assist with load in and load out.
Many promoters will simply ignore this or assume the venue already has said items, resulting in us being really pissed off when we show up and see that the venue has a setup well below our minimum standards to perform. So we are faced with canceling the show at the last moment and not getting paid, or performing (and most likely sucking, because we can't hear ourselves on stage, or because the PA system cuts out), in order to get paid, we've had to kick the crap out of more than one promoter for trying to weasel out of paying us because we couldnt complete a set due to the condition of the venue's PA system.
In addition to this technical rider, the venue is also faxed a copy of the hospitality rider; which contains the items the venue must have on hand for the band. Such as: Drinks, food, changing area, etc. Many promoters will simply discard this rider (even though fulfilling it is in the contract) and try to bribe us with a 2 liter of coke and a pizza (that has actually happened).
So showing up to a substandard venue with no food or drink, combined with the fact that the band has probably been driving numerous hours prior to arrival to make load in on time, only to get stuck debating whether or not to cancel the show can make for a very cranky and abrasive group of people.
As for the gang bang rumor, well like I said it's hard to do that in a van. Its been my first hand experience though that the EHC does not need to make up stories of that nature, as it tends actually happen on a near regular basis while on tour.

The time frame you put it in puts me in the clear, as I had stepped down as Keyboardist in early 1998 and was uninvolved with the band until last year, so I can't tell you for sure what went down. I can however inquire as to whether or not Thomas, Rick, or Sabrina remember the incident, and see what they have to say about it.
:)

OULobo- Not sure quite what to say to you there chief, other than that I'm sure EHC will return to Cleveland again some day.
Wow you are a member! Thats cool I'm star struck. And er, I guess "kiss the Goat" wasn't that bad. Perhaps I will give it another chance. "She's evil, She's evil, She's like a demon..."
My concert experiences consist of "Skinny Puppy" and thats about it as far as "industrial/Techno" I got to see the "Foo Fighters" for free because my friend is the base players brother. Nate the base player informed me that Spokane is just about the worst venue for rock band imaginable. I saw the lolapaluza with Snoop Dog about five years ago. I won't bore you with all the 70s bands I've seen.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Galvatron,
Hey, is that Picture "Sho Nuff"? Anyways I was wondering if you liked TKK and if you could list all the EHC albums so that I might possibly decide to purchase them in the future if given the names to ponder. Also, are you into PragaKhan at all. I have only one album "pragmatic" its cool but is it cool enough to buy more? That is the question. Lastly can you or anyone else tell me if Spinegrinder is a cool group. Once again I have trepidation about throwing around a lot of cash. I would download all the stuff but I'm about a negative white belt when it comes to the computer. I cant even figure out how to edit my profile for god sakes. So if you are in ehc that means you played the piano on "Queen of Sin". That song rocks.
Sean

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Galvatron

Ain't no thing man, I'm always here, armed and ready, but on an apologetic note I sometimes let the mental picture get the best of me. I may show up to the show if you play here, anyways; the Odeon or Beachland are quite the sheitholes to spend an evening in. I can't let the story hurt the music right. Still, its seems that a ton of bands seem to get rockstar ego really early, just cause a couple of groupies drop panties when they walk in the room, doesn't mean every girl at the show or in the venue is at their disposal. Like I said, it rings of fratboys thinking any girl at their party is theirs for the taking and if they don't get what they want they make up a story or two. Kinda like the guy at the bar who gets turned down and then says, "she must be a lesbian". I only feel a little better with my statements before because we seem to have an eyewitness to the event. I'll take back the premadonna comment and offer an apology for jumping the gun and typing with my veins hot, but if the story is valid, then some people do need to be slapped around.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Another funny band story...

The guys from "Disturbed" used to come into my store all the time (I used to run a place that sold Rock T's and clothing and stuff) before they were big and signed and stuff, asking me to play their Cds in the store and to hand out promo tapes and stickers...

I listened to their CD and told em, Nah, you guys arent ever gonna make it.

OOPS. Heh heh. Little did I know that Korn and It's Clones were gonna forge a whole new genre...

T

TKDman

Anything and everything that is instrumental from bluegrass to heavy metal.

Anything with meaning in its words is good too.

L

lost_tortoise

VNV Nation, Assemblage 23, Icon of Coil, Flesh Field, Haujobb, Conjure One etc. on the Darkwave, EBM, Industrial tip.

DMX, Eminem, Mystikal etc. on the rap/hip-hop tip.

Pettidee, Third Day, Jennifer Knapp, Jars of Clay, Newsboys etc. on the God-centered tip.

Screaming Blue Messiahs, The Cure, The Buzzcocks, Black Flag, Fear, New Order, Love and Rockets, Bauhaus etc. on the "stuff I grew up on" tip.

Most classical, opera and vocal (love Bach, Beethoven, Shubert, Philip Glass, Lisa Gerard etc.)

Trance, Goa, Futurepop etc. in the dance catagory (do not enjoy breaks/beats)

The closest I come to enjoying Country music is Mary Chapin Carpenter and Lyle Lovett, neither of which I consider Country.

What's in my car right now? VNV Nation, a compilation of Darkwave/EBM bands, a mix of danceclub stuff, The Doors Greatest Hits, Thursday, DMX, Eminem, some recent stuff (selections from the Daredevil soundtrack, N.E.R.D.), V.A.S.T. and Dead Prez.

Favorite vocalist: Neil Diamond

Big ups to the Prince of Peace Bob Marley, more than a man...more than a legend.

That's just scratching the surface as I am drawing a blank within the confine's of my music-free office.

geoffrey

G

Galvatron

Originally posted by Touch'O'Death
Galvatron,
Hey, is that Picture "Sho Nuff"? Anyways I was wondering if you liked TKK and if you could list all the EHC albums so that I might possibly decide to purchase them in the future if given the names to ponder. Also, are you into PragaKhan at all. I have only one album "pragmatic" its cool but is it cool enough to buy more? That is the question. Lastly can you or anyone else tell me if Spinegrinder is a cool group. Once again I have trepidation about throwing around a lot of cash. I would download all the stuff but I'm about a negative white belt when it comes to the computer. I cant even figure out how to edit my profile for god sakes. So if you are in ehc that means you played the piano on "Queen of Sin". That song rocks.
Sean

Yeh, it's sho'nuff.
I dig the old TKK stuff (Thomas from EHC was in TKK up until the making of "Sexplosion!"), but I think the newer TKK albums really bite.
Im not familiar with PragaKhan or Spinegrinder.
The EHC albums are all listed at the EHC website (electrichell.com)
As far as 'queen of sin' goes, no that's not me. That was Shane Lassen (aka The Rev. Dr. Luv), the band's original keyboard player, who was killed in a car wreck back in january 1996. To tell you the truth, I never even bothered learning how to play that song, it was never on the setlist when I was in the band.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by lost_tortoise
, Black Flag,

Is thats Post Rollins or While he was with them or both?

Rollins is somewhat of a hero to me... Ive seen him do spoken word 4 or five times... I personally felt black flag lacked somthing when they kicked him out... :mad:

Kinda like Screeching Weasel without Ben Weasel... It didnt work for me. I saw the Dead Kenedy's tour without Jelo Biafra too... it also lacked somthing...

Oh well.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeh, it's sho'nuff.
I dig the old TKK stuff (Thomas from EHC was in TKK up until the making of "Sexplosion!"), but I think the newer TKK albums really bite.
Im not familiar with PragaKhan or Spinegrinder.
The EHC albums are all listed at the EHC website (electrichell.com)
As far as 'queen of sin' goes, no that's not me. That was Shane Lassen (aka The Rev. Dr. Luv), the band's original keyboard player, who was killed in a car wreck back in january 1996. To tell you the truth, I never even bothered learning how to play that song, it was never on the setlist when I was in the band.
Hey, I checked out the sight. It seems you were one of the many keyboardists. Pragakhan is just LOA with a different singer; add some Revco people and you have Spinegrinder. I thought TKK got to Disco myself but I love that album with "Lucifer's Flower" on it. It is a must!

L

lost_tortoise

Definitely with Rollins! Black Flag was Henry Rollins, just as DK was Jello!
BTW, after reading your signature line, I haven't been able to get VNV Nation out of my head all day!
Also, if you think the guys in EHC are jerks, I can't imagine what you think of Al Jourgensen. I ran with that whole crew for a while from the With Sympathy days to the Land of Rape and Honey, and Al became more of an *** with each passing year. That was a good scene back then though. Medusa's, Crobar....those were the days.

geoffrey

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TKD, I'm with you on this one. Everything from bluegrass the metal if it isn't so busy that you can't enjoy it. I also like blues, not all of it but B.B. King, Stevie Ray Vaughn and a lot of the delta blues are great. I've been known to relax to chinese folk music and japanese flute on occasion.

And technically Im a lot younger then Britney so Im allowed to be into her That way
Oh, the one liners I could have for this one.:D

G

Galvatron

Originally posted by Touch'O'Death
Hey, I checked out the sight. It seems you were one of the many keyboardists. Pragakhan is just LOA with a different singer; add some Revco people and you have Spinegrinder. I thought TKK got to Disco myself but I love that album with "Lucifer's Flower" on it. It is a must!

Yeah, EHC has had ALOT of drummers and keyboard players.

I really hate the new TKK albums...alot.
"I see good spirits...and I see bad spirits", and "Confessions of a Knife" are classics though.
I've been on a nostalgic kick of listening to lots of Skinny Puppy lately, I'm blasting "Smothered Hope" as I type this :)

Other stuff that I really like is: The Future Sound of London, Juno Reactor, Covenant, Front Line Assembly, Front 242 (the new 242 studio album ROCKS by the way), Aphex Twin, Prodigy, Underworld, and Haujobb.
:cool:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, EHC has had ALOT of drummers and keyboard players.

I really hate the new TKK albums...alot.
"I see good spirits...and I see bad spirits", and "Confessions of a Knife" are classics though.
I've been on a nostalgic kick of listening to lots of Skinny Puppy lately, I'm blasting "Smothered Hope" as I type this :)

Other stuff that I really like is: The Future Sound of London, Juno Reactor, Covenant, Front Line Assembly, Front 242 (the new 242 studio album ROCKS by the way), Aphex Twin, Prodigy, Underworld, and Haujobb.
:cool:
Galvatron,
cool I'll check out that front 242. I basicly havn't been buying records these days; i'll keep an eye out for some of those other bands in the used recrd section. I'm looking forward to CHECKING OUT THAT ELECTRONOMICON. Sorry didn't mean to yell I hit the caps button. I miss Skinny Puppy.

G

gojukylie

I love all styles of music. I studied music composition for a few years and have been writing for about 5 - 6 years. I just cut a demo. I really enjoy light rock, counting crows are my favourate (just saw them in concert in Australia) and funk jazz (Direction in Groove (Australian band)). My music is Alanis Morriset orientated but mainly crows based stuff. Love to Jam.:cheers:

L

lost_tortoise

Thanks for the brief, but encompassing review of the new Front 242. I've been wondering if it was worth the fifteen bucks. I'll probably go get it today.

geoffrey

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by lost_tortoise
Definitely with Rollins! Black Flag was Henry Rollins, just as DK was Jello!
BTW, after reading your signature line, I haven't been able to get VNV Nation out of my head all day!
Also, if you think the guys in EHC are jerks, I can't imagine what you think of Al Jourgensen. I ran with that whole crew for a while from the With Sympathy days to the Land of Rape and Honey, and Al became more of an *** with each passing year. That was a good scene back then though. Medusa's, Crobar....those were the days.

geoffrey

Weird... My Sig line is from Rosetta Stone...

My one run in with Al Jourgansen was innocent enough... He was hanging out in the "Exit" on North Avenue. We were at the bar and he came in and sat down two seats down from us... my buddy ordered him a drink and said "Hey, Names Howie" he shook his hand, and said "Al" took the drink, and walked away...

Crobar is SUCH a jock meatmarket now... its sad...
Heh heh

If you like industrial, I'd say check these guys out:

www.cruciforminjection.com

Pretty Damn Cool local Chicago band.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh... and for those Punk/Rockabilly fans near chicago...

Sex Pistols and Reverand Hortan Heat are playing the Aragon Ballroom August 29th...

Heh heh

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Technopunk
So, we have a forum full of varied people, varied arts, cultures, and varied ages,

Im curious to know what types of music do everyone listen to??? Genre? Artists?

Are you a Marley Fan? A Parrothead? Goth? Into Brittney Spears (Not that way you pervs)...

Alternative
Punk (* late 70's and early 80's *)
Rock
Classic Rock
Hair Band
Blues
Jazz

Classical
And Some Rap

No Country :D Although I can turn down the volume and watch the female vocalists :D ;)

PS: You must have thought it ifrst about Britney. :rofl:

Latest Discussions