Punk (* late 70's and early 80's *)
Rock
Classic Rock
Hair Band
Blues
Jazz

Classical
And Some Rap

No Country :D Although I can turn down the volume and watch the female vocalists :D ;)

PS: You must have thought it ifrst about Britney. :rofl:
come on now, when Johny Cash did the NIN song, you have to admit it was cool. Johny Cash is just plain cool. There is no getting around it.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Touch'O'Death
come on now, when Johny Cash did the NIN song, you have to admit it was cool. Johny Cash is just plain cool. There is no getting around it.

Well there is Country and then there is Country that sounds like the early to mid 70's POP.:eek:

I

IsshinryuKarateGirl

I'll listen to a large variety of music. I listen to classical, big band, 50's and 60's, rock, classic rock, Japanese stuffs (Yoko Kano), and a lot more that I can't think of. But I definatley hate rap and all the Brittney Spears, Boy Band "crud."

Some people/bands I like:
Enya
The Beatles
The Who
KISS
Aerosmith
Yoko Kano
and more

Some Classical and modern day composers such as:
Bach
Beethoven
Handel
Howard Shore
and more

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rich Parsons
Well there is Country and then there is Country that sounds like the early to mid 70's POP.:eek:

yeah, I always like to think that real country is Patsy Kline (sp), Hank Sr., Loretta and Mr. Jones. Some of this recent stuff is just government sponsored mind control music. . . .I mean pop with a country twang.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Touch'O'Death

Anyone who writes songs like Long Black Vale and Boy Named Sue has got to have a cool nasty tough streak in him. I mean come on, the guy wrote the lyric, "I killed a man in Reno, just to watch him die."

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by OULobo
"I killed a man in Reno, just to watch him die."

I did that once.

Oh, Ahem. Did I say that out loud?

I hate to admit this, but I have been known to karaoke "Ring of Fire" from time to time, when I am drunk enough...

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Technopunk
I did that once.

Oh, Ahem. Did I say that out loud?

I hate to admit this, but I have been known to karaoke "Ring of Fire" from time to time, when I am drunk enough...

I love the Social Dis cover of "Ring of Fire". Mike Ness knows how to put a Johnny Cash drawl on.

The 14th Style

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I will listen to pretty much any style of music as long as it has a guitar in it. Even Country. :D
Mostly, i'm into rock
I really like Metal Core
And I absolutely LOVE
Emo-core!!

Poison the Well
Dead Poetic
From Autumn to Ashes
Destined to Fall
Underoath
The Beautiful Mistake
The Hobbes Fury
Blindside
Atreyu
And I can't forget, Thursday. They kick serious ***!

L

liangzhicheng

My poison mostly consists of the female voice, there's just something about it...

Evanescence
Sarah McLachlan
Natalie Imbruglia
Jewel
Lisa Loeb

Also like dance music
4 Strings
Lasgo (though not too much in one sitting...)
Ian Van Dahl
Alice Deejay
other various trance songs

And some harder stuff
Spineshank
Fear Factory
Machine Head
Pantera

:asian:

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been downloading music all week.. burning CDs for sparring and such..
Lots of ozzy and anything from godsmack, metallica, etc..
now my daughter called me and asked me to burn her a few cds for her .. she's enrolled in Massage therapy in college and this ambient stuff I'm previewing is pretty.. but sooooo outta context for sparring *G*

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoTess
now my daughter called me and asked me to burn her a few cds for her .. she's enrolled in Massage therapy in college and this ambient stuff I'm previewing is pretty.. but sooooo outta context for sparring *G*

Tsk Tsk.

They just nailed another 261 people out here for that... better watch what you say or the thought police will come for you...

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Technopunk
Tsk Tsk.

They just nailed another 261 people out here for that... better watch what you say or the thought police will come for you...

*puts my invisiblity cloak on*
hey I could very well be downloading them from a pay site now couldn't I :angel:

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What I listen to the most is electronic music...Ibeza style. Electronica, House, Garage, Techno, etc.

I like Hard core also; Static X, System of the Down..

I like 60's and 70's Rock; Doors, Blue Oyster Cult

I like Some Rap; NAS, anything Wu-Tang Clan

I love Classical...when I am eating liver and a nice glass of Chianti (pththth) lol

I like Rock/alternative: Especially U2, Pearl Jam

I like New Age; Celtic Moods, Yanni

I like Folk Music; native American, Gypsie, Celtic

I Like punk and Irish Drinking tunes; Drop Kick Murphy's

I like to watch Shikira, Byonce', and Britney on mute. :p

I think that about covers the basics...I like a lot more stuff, but ya know, it's hard to list it all!

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoTess

Beware the evil RIAA. Not even 12 yr. olds are immune to the hideous reckoning that awaits all who download. MMuuuuuwwwwwhhhhaaaaaaahhhhaaahhhhaaa. :EG:

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone who writes songs like Long Black Vale and Boy Named Sue has got to have a cool nasty tough streak in him. I mean come on, the guy wrote the lyric, "I killed a man in Reno, just to watch him die."

Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Johnny Paycheck were part of the "Outlaw" movement in country music. Check out how much time they did in prison for things like armed robbery, assault and battery and so on and you'll see that they most definetly were not pretty boys put out there to sell records. Hank Sr. drank himself to death at a very young age (died in the back of his car in Bluefield WV). Most of the new country singers are indeed not worth listening to although there is an occasional newbie that's worth hearing....just can't think of one right now.

For those that aren't at all familiar with country Paycheck is the man that did "Take this job and shove it."

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by OULobo
Beware the evil RIAA. Not even 12 yr. olds are immune to the hideous reckoning that awaits all who download. MMuuuuuwwwwwhhhhaaaaaaahhhhaaahhhhaaa. :EG:

*wonders if I got a vaccination against that thingy .. *twitches~!!!

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by theletch1
Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Johnny Paycheck were part of the "Outlaw" movement in country music. Check out how much time they did in prison for things like armed robbery, assault and battery and so on and you'll see that they most definetly were not pretty boys put out there to sell records. Hank Sr. drank himself to death at a very young age (died in the back of his car in Bluefield WV). Most of the new country singers are indeed not worth listening to although there is an occasional newbie that's worth hearing....just can't think of one right now.

For those that aren't at all familiar with country Paycheck is the man that did "Take this job and shove it."

I was raised on the legend of the lost highway brother. Hank Sr. is the blood of a true country boy. As for the rest, didn't paycheck shoot and kill a guy in a bar and get sent to prison for it?

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Paycheck spent 2 years in the brig for assaulting an officer while in the navy, was convicted of forging checks, slander of an airline stewardess, starting a fight on an airplane and, yes, he did spend 2 years in prison for shooting a man in a barroom brawl in Ohio. He didn't kill the man in the bar.... just winged him.

p.s. My favorite Paycheck song: Old Violin.