Music

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So, we have a forum full of varied people, varied arts, cultures, and varied ages,

Im curious to know what types of music do everyone listen to??? Genre? Artists?

Are you a Marley Fan? A Parrothead? Goth? Into Brittney Spears (Not that way you pervs)...

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well- I like a lot of different musicians, but I am NOT drawn to opera, country or rap for the most part.

My favorite all time group is U2. I also enjoy Peter Gabriel, Pink Floyd, Sting, Depeche Mode, Enya, Enigma, Jars of Clay, Newsboys, Steven Curtis Chapman, Michael W. Smith, I could go on and on and on, but those are some of my favorites.

:asian: :karate:

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Easier to define what I don't like or what I listen to in which situations. I just can't get into citar (Indian) music, sceaming pointless string bashing (death metal), or most show tunes. Just about everything else can find a home on my stereo at some time or another. . . . .and I love Brittney, but I do mean in that way. :EG:

M

Master of Blades

I listen to R&B and Hip Hop. And technically Im a lot younger then Britney so Im allowed to be into her That way :D

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I listen to most anything. 70's, hip hop, some rap, and I like Christina Aguilera.:D

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Touch'O'Death
I just can't get enough of that hard core techno. LOA, Revco, NIN.

Dude! Revco and NIN are NOT TECHNO!!!!

As a Rivethead, I can assure you both of those, (although I could argue that NIN moved beyond it) are both INDUSTRIAL Bands. Love REVCO BTW, and I have seen Lords in concert a couple times, tho I could take em or leave em. Sounds like you have good taste in music tho.... :D

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Technopunk
Dude! Revco and NIN are NOT TECHNO!!!!

As a Rivethead, I can assure you both of those, (although I could argue that NIN moved beyond it) are both INDUSTRIAL Bands. Love REVCO BTW, and I have seen Lords in concert a couple times, tho I could take em or leave em. Sounds like you have good taste in music tho.... :D
Sorry, I think its called electronica or somthing but techno is what I call all that stuff. Do you like KMFDM?

J

Joe

Bassically anything hard or heavy rock and lately finding myself listening to oldies (70's rock) But nothing while i am training ....

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I like a variety...but I must admit I spent the summers of 1986-1995 on Dead tour.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mostly 80's metal, and bands that held true to the concept.
Running Wild, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Hammerfall, Blind Guardian,, King Diamond.

New-Age:
Enya, David Arkenstone, Yanni.

Certain composers:
Joe Hisaishi, Hans Zimmer, Klaus Badelt

Filkers:
Heather Alexander, Leslie Fish, Joe Bethancourt, Bob Kanefsky

Also, John Valby. :)

Currently listening to the "Pirates of the Caribbean" soundtrack...very martial sound. :)

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hate King Diamond with a purple passion! please choose another favoirite. I think Queensreich is for King Diamond fans that are bored with that whole worshipping the devil thing; however, opera metal is the devil.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Queensryche....ahh yes....

I own originals of Operation Mindcrime. CD, Vinyl and Cassete. Also, vhs and dvd versions of Operation LiveCrime. :)

Also, add in Manowar. :)

For the 'operetic' fans, Blind Guardian, Rhapsody and Lucia Turelle (sp). All do some incredible orchestretic stuff with a fantasy feeling.
:D

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey Kaith, "Other bands play, Man-o-War kills!" The greatest metal band ever. "Providence brought us the crown and the ring, covered with blood and our pride!" :knight: :viking1:

Hey touchodeath, have you ever heard the KMFDM remixes of White Zombie, "Thunder Kiss" and "Black Sunshine". The only album I ever bought of theirs was "Juke. . . " How 'bout a little Aphix Twin?

Here's a question, what is everyone's guilty pleasure music? Although I sometimes have a hard admitting it I love DMB/David Grey/John Mayer.

:uhoh:

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I like Enya, Yanni, DC Talk, Newsboys, Micheal W. Smith, movie sound tracks (example-The Lord of the Rings), No Doubt, Def Lepard, and Aerosmith. I'm sure I'm probably missing a few but I can't think.
disco2.gif
kopfhoerer.gif

Robyn
gitarre2.gif
band.gif

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ah yes!! Thanks!! How could I have forgotten DC Talk and Newsboys?!! Silly me.......also Geoff Moore, Journey, Abba (guilty pleasure)..........and on and on and on................Can't forget the great 70's and 80's music of my youth either!!

:asian: :karate:

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Touch'O'Death
Do you like KMFDM?

KMFDM Rules...

Here's my list o' some favoirites in no particular order:

Sisters of Mercy
KMFDM
Apoptygma Berzerk
VnV Nation
Ministry
TKK
Sex Pistols
Revco
PTP
Ramones
TSOL
Psykosonik
Rammstein

And My Guilty Pleasure is:

WEIRD AL

Kaith: I didnt know anyone else LISTENED to Helloween! That rocks...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
German metals on my favs list. :) The Swedish and Danish are close seconds.

Course, I'll also happily listen to Maiden, Priest and a few others. :)

Latest Discussions