MT Kenpo Forum Slim Down

OP
L

Limey Scrapman

I think that we should build in a "Haugen daz" element into training. That way we'd be able to get some and not feel guilty about it..

eg "One more sit up" scoop of ice cream held in front of nose.

Its a well known fact that when ice cream is eaten this way it has no calories! :rofl:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Limey Scrapman

Its a well known fact that when ice cream is eaten this way it has no calories! :rofl:

Kind of like the guys who do a sit up and eat a potato instead.:rofl:

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Originally posted by Limey Scrapman
I think that we should build in a "Haugen daz" element into training. That way we'd be able to get some and not feel guilty about it..

THAT is one Hell of an Idea!!! I'm going to mention it to my instructor. ;)

I must be developing a death wish :anic:

Dot

OP
K

KenpoGirl

A danger has arrived in my area. One that is sure to hinder any of my weightloss plans. That danger comes by the name of

Krispy Kreme Donuts!!!!

Yes, they officially opened yesterday and not a 5 minute walk away from my apartment. :waah:

I shall have to fight the good fight against temptation, fortiify my willpower to ignore the arroma. And I'll do my best to ignore the little voices in my head saying. Dooooot, come eat our donutssssss, they're delicioussssss

Anybody else have a supreme temptation like that around them? What is the food you are fighting the most not to it? What food is soooooo good but also sooooooo bad for you?

Dot
:angel:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We have a small local donut chain that makes, as their name suggests, Square Donuts. Good stuff.

Milkshakes are also a danger.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoGirl
Anybody else have a supreme temptation like that around them?

M&M's in the grocery store aisles every time I go in them.

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey all-

I am back from vacation now and see that I have gained 2 pounds- arghh!! But.....it is less gain than I expected.......so that's good.......now back to reality and back to my weight loss plan.

How about the rest of you? Any progress?

:asian: :karate:

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Originally posted by GaryM
Monday morning weigh in, 209 1/4 lbs. Started lesson 5 yesterday.

Lesson 5? What program are you doing?

Oh Yes, I just read back, Strongfort. Sounds like you're doing well. I did look at the website but didn't really investigate it all that much. Maybe I should.

GaryM

Green Belt
Reaction score
Friday morning weigh in, 203 lbs. Kind of cheated though, last Tuesday I weighed in at 205 1/2 but I was a little bad last weekend so I put off posting till now. It seems like my loss rate is beginning to increase. What's up with that? Maybe I should increase my beer intake to slow down. I'd hate to disappear!

GaryM

Green Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoGirl
Lesson 5? What program are you doing?

Oh Yes, I just read back, Strongfort. Sounds like you're doing well. I did look at the website but didn't really investigate it all that much. Maybe I should.

Maybe everyone should. Do the course in two week increments. Start with 5 repetitions of each exercise in the first lesson and add two reps each day untill you reach 20. Then do 20 untill the two weeks are 'up'. Drop the reps on the first lesson down to 10 and begin the next lesson with 5 reps for each of the new exercises, adding two each day ect.ect. Be patient. You won't see results for about the first month. I think that for most people finding the time to walk 4-6 miles a day will be the hardest, but I'm sure that you could substitute a shorter more radical cardio routine such as tae bo for 20 minutes. But I agree with Lionel, walking is the best exercise of any.

OP
R

RCastillo

Still about the same, gain a few, then lose em, Like a cat, and mouse game, but I'm better than way before! My job ain't helping any, that's for sure.:mad:

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by arnisador
You should have chosen phys. ed. instead!

Geez, that's worse. That's like the movie, Animal House!:eek:

OP
R

RCastillo

About the same, but at least I still look decent...........and no, no smart remarks from the Goldendragon!;)

Latest Discussions