MT Kenpo Forum Slim Down

OP
M

M F

I have just cut back my intake of Pepsi, cut back on the portions I eat at meals, and started drinking a lot of water. I haven't weighed myself yet, and I don't notice any significant weight loss, but I feel a lot better. I think that is probably the most important thing for me. Now I just need to put more exercise into my daily routine.:D

OP
T

tkdcanada

Thursday morning, Aug 14. Lost 3 lbs - down to 163. My goal is to make it to 160 by weeks end or at least by next Thursday. Then I start working on the 50's. :D

OP
B

brianhunter

I lost no wieght but lost an inch off of my waist with that I can be very happy!! Give me strength Ive felt like Ive been starving too death! But my workouts have been good!

Brian

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Originally posted by jfarnsworth
Fantastic job.:asian:

Thanks Jason for the support.

And Congrats to everyone that is sticking to it and working hard.
Keep it up you'll look and feel better and better

Dot
:asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by tkdcanada
Thursday morning, Aug 14. Lost 3 lbs - down to 163. My goal is to make it to 160 by weeks end or at least by next Thursday. Then I start working on the 50's.

Congratulations! Don't forget that the first few pounds are the easiest and that your rate of decrease will decrease as time wears on--you can't expect that initial rate to keep up!

OP
T

tkdcanada

Actually, I've been losing slowly and steadily for the past six months but have recently made more changes to my diet that seemed to have sped things up a bit. I do realize though, that it'll slow down as time goes on and I get closer to my ideal. That's okay, it took a long time to put on, so I can't expect it to be gone overnight either. :)

How's everyone else doing??

OP
B

brianhunter

Im doing okay....Ive been doing the Atkins approach, Im still in the induction phase of it. I have never realized how much in the way of carbs things like even ketchup had! Its not a bad stlye of eating though you just have to be a little bit more creative and not slip up! I have noticed I have a bit more energy working out but that might be because I wiegh a little less too.

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Just stepped on the scale for the first time in a few weeks- am down 8 pounds since I started getting serious about losing some weight (beginning of August)

Wooooo Hooooooo!!!! Best of luck to all the rest of you too- keep at it!!

I am doing a weight watchers point system/Slim Fast combination currently.

:asian: :karate:

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Shodan that's excellent. Keep up the great work, stay motivated and work hard. :boing2:

I gained back the last 3lbs I lost because I threw out my back and hadn't be able to work out, but I've since lost it again so I'm happy.

I've been talking with people and we noticed that motivation comes and goes throughout a process like this. How do you stay motivated, or how do you get yourself re-motivated, after you swan dive off the wagon into the buffet line? ;)

Let hear your words of wisdom, maybe it'll be just what someone needs to hear to get them through a tough time.

Dot
:asian:

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Originally posted by Old Fat Kenpoka
Two big contributors:

1) Switched from 16oz bags of chocolate chip cookies to 8oz bags.

2) Started training BJJ twice a week.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What ever works for you. LMAO Great Job, Good for you. :)

OP
A

andurilking2

we should start a new thread strictly for the logging and pics, this one has became cluttered.

OP
A

andurilking2

I've been talking with people and we noticed that motivation comes and goes throughout a process like this. How do you stay motivated, or how do you get yourself re-motivated, after you swan dive off the wagon into the buffet line?

Let hear your words of wisdom, maybe it'll be just what someone needs to hear to get them through a tough time.

Dot
my motivation is my ma instructor, he forces me to stay at an optimum weight. trust me if i gain or lose a few extra lbs he isn't pleasant to be around. so he's pretty much all the inspiration i need, a bit harsh but i think its better for me at least.

OP
K

KenpoGirl

It's great that you have someone to motivate you. Like a personal trainer, my instructor also makes me work hard in class.

But he doesn't stop me from going for the Haugen daz either. ;)
Though I suppose if I knew he'd work me harder in class that might be a deterent. (I hope he's not reading this :ack: )

--------------------

People haven't posted in a while how are things going? :idunno:

Dot
:D

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well- 10 pounds down now......that's 2 more than my last post- woo hoo!! Kind of been at a stand-still for about two weeks now as my son got sick and I was dealing with that. Back to the gym tonight though!!

I have 10 more to go to get to pre-pregnancy weight and then plan to go in 10 pound increment goals from there. The first 10 is gone though.........will keep on truckin'!!

Howz the rest of ya'll doin'? :confused:

:asian: :karate:

PS) If you are into visual charts of progress, I found a neat one at www.dwlz.com- it looks like a thermometer and you highlight the "degrees" or pounds as you lose them- I have it up next to my computer desk.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by andurilking2
we should start a new thread strictly for the logging and pics, this one has became cluttered.

Feel free to start such a thread. We can make it sticky and we can insist on topicality if desired.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

OP
K

KenpoGirl

We should when people get brave enough to post them. ;)

I have before pictures I took, but I'm not going to post them until I get down some more. then I'll post them.

Dot
:D

BTW I got an email from my instructor, he did read the above post. I'm in trouble now!!!! :anic:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoGirl
But he doesn't stop me from going for the Haugen daz either.

I don't know but do you want someone following you around every moment of the day.:confused: I would prefer a little alone time.:p

Latest Discussions