MT Kenpo Forum Slim Down

B

brianhunter

Okay...Im throwing in my hat......Ill post before pics tommorow I need to loose 30 lbs Time isnt an issue but Ill shoot for Dec as a goal...anyone else wanna jump on board? I know it says kenpoist but hey we are all a brotherhood so feel free to jump on board!

I say maybe things we could do would be;

Weekly wiegh in/tape in depending on your goals

Progress pics

moral support

suppliments/diets/lifestlyes/regiments that work

training logs or spread sheets???

Any ideas?? Comments

Bam Bam

OP
K

Kirk

I'll join you on this bru-man! But I can't post pics until I get back
from Pittsburgh, I don't have time before then.

OP
M

M F

I guess since I suggested it, I'd better throw my hat in the ring too. I thought we'd get more response than this though. I probably won't post pics, but I'll post my progress here. Now I need to go buy some new running shoes.:D Good luck guys.

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by brianhunter
Okay...Im throwing in my hat......Ill post before pics tommorow I need to loose 30 lbs Time isnt an issue but Ill shoot for Dec as a goal...anyone else wanna jump on board? I know it says kenpoist but hey we are all a brotherhood so feel free to jump on board!

I say maybe things we could do would be;

Weekly wiegh in/tape in depending on your goals

Progress pics

moral support

suppliments/diets/lifestlyes/regiments that work

training logs or spread sheets???

Any ideas?? Comments

Bam Bam

Well, I lost 18 on the Atkins plan, so if i can do it, you can also. It's really a better way to live, though it can get boring. But, I'm ok, and holding.

As mentioned in a previous thread, the age, and meds I'm on do work against me.:asian:

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'll come back with more notes, but I am sot of following the Slimfast plan.

Has anyone been on the Atkins diet and regained what they lost?

I seem to have noticed this with some friends of mine but maybe it is just me.

OP
B

brianhunter

Originally posted by M F
I guess since I suggested it, I'd better throw my hat in the ring too. I thought we'd get more response than this though. I probably won't post pics, but I'll post my progress here. Now I need to go buy some new running shoes.:D Good luck guys.

Running does wonders for me too....when I was in the Army I used to put down 25-30 miles a week and ate like a horse...whats changed now is the running isnt there haha.

I am trying the atkins thing I have heard that people gain when off of it though. I also started running about 2 weeks ago and had dropped 5 lbs so far and feel a lot better!

Hey Mr Castillo how do you follow the diet did you go through the indoctronation and the different phases and such like they want?

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by brianhunter
Running does wonders for me too....when I was in the Army I used to put down 25-30 miles a week and ate like a horse...whats changed now is the running isnt there haha.

I am trying the atkins thing I have heard that people gain when off of it though. I also started running about 2 weeks ago and had dropped 5 lbs so far and feel a lot better!

Hey Mr Castillo how do you follow the diet did you go through the indoctronation and the different phases and such like they want?

The cardio makes a difference.

I pretty much stay on the on the "Induction Plan", to keep it off. Yes, I cheat here, and there, and I go up, and down on weight alittle, but I'll do better when school starts. (Around the house too much at times, I'm a teacher)
But I also lift, run, and teach.

Other than that, I'm doing well.:asian:

OP
K

KenpoGirl

I've already started on June 16/03 I've lost 10 lbs and about 3 inches off my waist. I've got a goal for December to loose quite a bit more.

But I been waivering for the last week or more. Not to mention upcoming vacation. I could use all the support I can get, and I'm more than willing to cheer anyone on that needs it.

Dot
:asian:

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by KenpoGirl
I've already started on June 16/03 I've lost 10 lbs and about 3 inches off my waist. I've got a goal for December to loose quite a bit more.

But I been waivering for the last week or more. Not to mention upcoming vacation. I could use all the support I can get, and I'm more than willing to cheer anyone on that needs it.

Dot

Hmmmm, I better run up there for a progress check. What say you, DOT!:kiss:

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Any time my dear. Just don't expect to catch me. ;)

hee hee :boing2:

Dot

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by KenpoGirl
Any time my dear. Just don't expect to catch me. ;)

hee hee :boing2:

Dot

Good, I like "The Hunt"!

OP
B

brianhunter

We have Kirk, Dot, MF, and Myself!!

Im planning on the atkins with weights and cardio 3 times a week. (Im not counting Kenpo as cardio it can just be extra)

I think Dot was doing the beach body thing whats everyone else working on???

OP
C

clapping_tiger

I'm In. My goal will also be 30lbs. That should bring me down to 200lbs. I don't know if I will post pics of before, seeing as how I am a little self conscious of my spare tire. But I will post my progress as well. Now to come up with a plan I will stick with this time..............

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Originally posted by clapping_tiger
Now to come up with a plan I will stick with this time..............

That's the hardest part of all, finding something that you can stick too, that won't bore you or starve you so that you quit. I've slacked off in the past weeks have to jump back on the wagon and get going again.

My motivation besides health and being able to train better is my Brother's wedding in Octorber. ;)

Dot

OP
B

brianhunter

Here is what too much wieghts not enough cardio and a bad diet can do to your gut! Kids dont try this at home! Okay 30 it is for me!!!! I think Ill take pictures of my progress monthly, Im gonna use the tape to test me not so much the scales although I did say 30 lbs

Attachments

• $072903beforeb.jpg
    $072903beforeb.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 286
OP
K

KenpoGirl

Brian take side and back shots too so that you can compair as you go along. It will be easier to notice shrinkage (oops... can you say shrinkage to a guy? :D ), with a photo from the side.

Oh and you should also take your measurements. Your chest, waist and stomach at it's biggest point, are the most important spots, but you can also take your thighs, upper arms, even your neck to keep track of fat reduction. It helps for those times that you may not loose weight because you are gaining muscle mass which weights more. So you might remain the same weight but be loosing inches. I know it may be embarassing to see how big you actually are but it does help in the long run.

That's kept my moral up in the past. Just a few thoughts to get people started. Good luck everyone.

Dot

OP
C

clapping_tiger

I think I can reach my goal by good ole fashioned Will Power. When I think about exercise, yes I exercise about 3 times a week. I am active. But my eating habits are horrendous. My weakness is candy, and cake. Do to how busy I am I often opt to eat at a fast food joint instead of taking the time to prepare something. So I am just going to have to try to make a lifestyle change. Eat more veggie’s and fruit. Control my cravings, and just say no.

Bbelieve it or not this is the avenue I have not tried. I tried Thermogenic Fat Burners, walking more, Slim Fast (I still ate anyway so that was pointless for me). I guess I was trying the easy way out. I am going to pick up a strength training program though.

This undoubtedly will take some getting used to. First I will change my daily eating habits. For the first month only allow myself to go out to eat 1 time a week. Then after that once a month. Don’t buy candy bars and cakes at work. Make stuff to take in my lunch the night before. Diet soda and MORE WATER (that won’t be hard I like water as long as I have lots of ice). Keep some sweet fruit handy at home such as strawberries, raspberries, peaches, and Sour apples instead of candy.

Latest Discussions