McGregor vs Khabib

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
On paper it's Khabib

But on paper it's usually the other guy in McGregor fights. It's really hard to quantify that Irish touch of death in his left hand.

OP
T

TMA17

Black Belt
Reaction score
I feel the same. McGregor has been inactive for awhile too, which may or may not hurt him. Khabib is a great wrestler/grappler. McGregor is a great overall fighter and athlete. It should be good.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I feel the same. McGregor has been inactive for awhile too, which may or may not hurt him. Khabib is a great wrestler/grappler. McGregor is a great overall fighter and athlete. It should be good.
I wouldn't call him a great athlete at all. His cardio is awful and contributed to his loses to Diaz and mayweather. He's obviously been....over indulging during his time off so that won't do him any good either

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wouldn't call him a great athlete at all. His cardio is awful and contributed to his loses to Diaz and mayweather. He's obviously been....over indulging during his time off so that won't do him any good either
To be fair the way he spent his time away is an unknown. He might have even fixed his cardio.

Or it might be worse.

I guess we will see, provided the fight lasts a couple rounds.

If it goes past two tho, Macs in hot water.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
To be fair the way he spent his time away is an unknown. He might have even fixed his cardio.

Or it might be worse.

I guess we will see, provided the fight lasts a couple rounds.

If it goes past two tho, Macs in hot water.
Look at the way he's been acting....that doesn't seem like a guy who's spent a lot of time on a treadmill

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Look at the way he's been acting....that doesn't seem like a guy who's spent a lot of time on a treadmill
I'm not really sure how those things would relate, causally..but ok.

Are you saying cardio makes you not act like an *******, or has he been sighted binging at Burger King or...?

OP
T

TMA17

Black Belt
Reaction score
I just watched a Khabib highlight video. The guy is scary good. He’s an animal.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
He’s Irish. There’s no such thing as overindulgence for the Irish :)

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like Khabib in this one. He is the bigger stronger guy with known cardio and I think that poses a lot of problems for McGregor.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is an interesting match. Khabib is a beast but his stand-up will give Mcgregor oppurtunities to land big shots.

It will come down to:

1) Can Khabib's chin withstand the power in Mcgregor's left hand

2) Can Mcgregor keep the fight on his feet enough to stop Khabib.

Mcgregor needs a stoppage within 3...Khabib can grind it out if needed.

I'm leaning Khabib grinding it out and stoppin Mcgregor in the 4th or 5th....but I could see Mcgregor stopping Khabib early.

Should be a fun fight to watch and I will definitely be ordering it.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think the only chance McGregor has is to get in Khabib's head.

TheArtofDave

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have to go for Conor because Khabib caused a bunch of unnecessary stuff. Conor finally gets to fight him to settle it. These two don't like each other, and its going to be a war. Unfortunately I will probably miss it because my wife and I are planning for our anniversary, so we both have to save back the extra money.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have to go for Conor because Khabib caused a bunch of unnecessary stuff. Conor finally gets to fight him to settle it. These two don't like each other, and its going to be a war. Unfortunately I will probably miss it because my wife and I are planning for our anniversary, so we both have to save back the extra money.
Khabib caused unnecessary stuff....um mcgregors the one who smashed up a bus injured numerous fighters and assaulted a security guard

OP
T

TMA17

Black Belt
Reaction score
That entire incident was disgraceful. I honestly can't believe Conor was allowed back. I don't like it when these guys make it seem like it's WWE and act immature.

TheArtofDave

Blue Belt
Reaction score
One
That entire incident was disgraceful. I honestly can't believe Conor was allowed back. I don't like it when these guys make it seem like it's WWE and act immature.

I'm not excusing what Conor did but Artem had a confrontation with Khabib in a hotel. That's Conor's teammate.

Khabib didn't make things better by hiding on the bus or posting to Conor on social media that he'd meet him any where in Brooklyn and they both could go gangster on each other to settle it.

Both men were at fault instead of just fighting. Now, however they are going to fight so I'm sure that will have to resolve the past issues

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Khabib caused unnecessary stuff....um mcgregors the one who smashed up a bus injured numerous fighters and assaulted a security guard

I believe Conor just saw there was a lot of people on the bus and when they got where they were going they would need an extra hand cart for the luggage.

Just trying to be helpful.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
One

I'm not excusing what Conor did but Artem had a confrontation with Khabib in a hotel. That's Conor's teammate.

Khabib didn't make things better by hiding on the bus or posting to Conor on social media that he'd meet him any where in Brooklyn and they both could go gangster on each other to settle it.

Both men were at fault instead of just fighting. Now, however they are going to fight so I'm sure that will have to resolve the past issues
So one guy has a row another commits criminal damage and assault...there's only person at fault for that

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh I can believe it the UFCs corruption level is very high but I'm surprised he wasn't sent to prison

Latest Discussions