McGregor vs Khabib

OP
T

TMA17

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well that press conference was atrocious. LOL. Khabib was calm and McGregor was coked up?

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well that press conference was atrocious. LOL. Khabib was calm and McGregor was coked up?
Probably...not that anything would happen if he was...usada has probably been paid off to stop them busting same as what happened with Jones. UFC is corrupt as hell

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hahaha, it came up in YouTube before, so thought I'd click and skim curiously, had it on mute so as to not make too much noise, but wow that was....... unreal. McGregor was out of control... was like watching a zoo when some animals firmly disagree, although this seemed very one-sided

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hahaha, it came up in YouTube before, so thought I'd click and skim curiously, had it on mute so as to not make too much noise, but wow that was....... unreal. McGregor was out of control... was like watching a zoo when some animals firmly disagree, although this seemed very one-sided
It's an embarrassment to martial arts the way that clowns acting. He's giving the sport a bad name with all his nonsense. There's one thing promoting and talking a little but using racist remarks, saying disgusting things and acting like a street punk is most certainly not the image this sport needs. If mcgrgeor was around in the early days and acting like this the sport would've been banned forever

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
He's giving the sport a bad name with all his nonsense.

Truthfully...I don't really care how a cage fighter acts as long as they are exciting to watch. Cage fighters are probably not where you want to look for role models. :D

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Truthfully...I don't really care how a cage fighter acts as long as they are exciting to watch. Cage fighters are probably not where you want to look for role models. :D
What a silly attitude....they're professional sportsmen who should act as such. This is a sport no different to any other. So do you want your kid to watch mcgrgeor and thinks the right way to act do you?

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
What a silly attitude....they're professional sportsmen who should act as such. This is a sport no different to any other. So do you want your kid to watch mcgrgeor and thinks the right way to act do you?

How McGregor acts has no bearing on my son. We do not rely on complete strangers to teach our son how he should act.

We look at it solely as a sport to watch as entertainment, not to learn life lessons.

OP
T

TMA17

Black Belt
Reaction score
I can see both sides. Personally, I never liked the cocky arrogant fighters. McGregor's antics bother me, but at the same time I know he's a fighter.

Ideally it's nice when a good fighter is humble and shows good character. That is often hard to come by.

After watching the press conference, I want Khabib to win simply because I like the way he carries himself. (although he apparently has some shaddy characters behind him per that BJPenn article).

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can see both sides. Personally, I never liked the cocky arrogant fighters. McGregor's antics bother me, but at the same time I know he's a fighter.

Ideally it's nice when a good fighter is humble and shows good character. That is often hard to come by.

After watching the press conference, I want Khabib to win simply because I like the way he carries himself. (although he apparently has some shaddy characters behind him per that BJPenn article).
I don't care who it is I just want whoever that punk fights to beat him to send him away for good. Heck I even rooted for Nate Diaz and I have a strong dislike of the Diaz brothers to

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
“People sold everything - their cars, their land for miles, to come in and see me get beat. I went to the bank laughing every time.”
- Muhammed Ali

How’s all this any different?

micjustin33

White Belt
Reaction score
The Irishman has not fought competitively since losing to Floyd Mayweather in a multi-million dollar boxing match in August 2016.

Broadcast restrictions mean that fans in the UK who are subscribed to UFC Fight Pass will not be able to watch the bout live, so only BT Sport subscribers will be able to see the action live.

If you want to watch khabib vs McGregor fight live then this guide will be effective for you. Watch Khabib vs McGregor Live Online | UFC 229

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How McGregor acts has no bearing on my son. We do not rely on complete strangers to teach our son how he should act.

We look at it solely as a sport to watch as entertainment, not to learn life lessons.
Unfortunately, some kids (and adults) will see behavior like that from someone who's successful, and unconsciously start to believe that's how successful people act. Some will even start to think that's part of how they get successful.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Unfortunately, some kids (and adults) will see behavior like that from someone who's successful, and unconsciously start to believe that's how successful people act. Some will even start to think that's part of how they get successful.
I call those people “idiots.”

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Whatever we call them, they exist, and are enough reason to want any celebrity to behave themselves with some maturity.
Not even bothered about maturity. Just not being a criminal would be a start

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not even bothered about maturity. Just not being a criminal would be a start
A really good start. I'm actually okay if they don't seem to take life seriously (not sure I would if I made money at sports or acting), but yeah, maybe just avoid doing things that would get normal people into jail.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
A really good start. I'm actually okay if they don't seem to take life seriously (not sure I would if I made money at sports or acting), but yeah, maybe just avoid doing things that would get normal people into jail.
What's scary is there's plenty of idiots actually defending what he did