McGregor vs Khabib

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What's scary is there's plenty of idiots actually defending what he did
There’s certainly no shortage of idiots out there. With this whole internet thing, it often seems like the idiots are the loudest.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm not sure I even want to know what they're asserting to try to make it right.
That khabib started it by arguing with mcgrgeors cling on and that it just showed mcgrgeor is a loyal friend and that khabib allowed tho others fighters to get hurt by not stepping up and fighting him outside.....yeah mcgrgeor fans aren't known for their brains

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That khabib started it by arguing with mcgrgeors cling on and that it just showed mcgrgeor is a loyal friend and that khabib allowed tho others fighters to get hurt by not stepping up and fighting him outside.....yeah mcgrgeor fans aren't known for their brains
Oy.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow.....After winning, Khabib jumps out of the ring and attacks one of Conor's Trainers in the stands, while one of Khabibs teammates jumps in the ring and jumps Conor from behind.

Crazy ending to PPV!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow.....After winning, Khabib jumps out of the ring and attacks one of Conor's Trainers in the stands, while one of Khabibs teammates jumps in the ring and jumps Conor from behind.

Crazy ending to PPV!
Seriously? Going to wait until tomorrow then look that up on YT...That's crazy

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just found a video for most of it (seems to be after khabibs attack before the guy jumps Conor. Conor got attacked on both sides.
UFC 229: Khabib Nurmagomedov taps out Conor McGregor then brawls in crowd – live!

All I can say is Holy S**t. Neither of them should get the belt...Conor for not winning the belt and Khabib for his actions and his teams actions immediately afterwards. That doesn't surprise me, but I would have reversed the reasoning.

Found a video from the start, if you can see it (from facebook)

Last edited:

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Seriously? Going to wait until tomorrow then look that up on YT...That's crazy

Oh yeah, It was crazy!

Afterwards...Dana refused to put the belt on him because he was afraid of it causing a riot. Sent both fighters to dressing room and then Buffer announced the winner in an empty ring.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just found a video for most of it (seems to be after khabibs attack before the guy jumps Conor. Conor got attacked on both sides.
UFC 229: Khabib Nurmagomedov taps out Conor McGregor then brawls in crowd – live!

All I can say is Holy S**t. Neither of them should get the belt...Conor for not winning the belt and Khabib for his actions and his teams actions immediately afterwards. That doesn't surprise me, but I would have reversed the reasoning.
Yeah what he did was wrong but at the end of the day what goes around comes around. McGregor started all this turning the sport into this. Using racist comments about people's country and religion and his team. He attacked a bus injuring multiple people. He can't cry when someone comes back at him.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My link also linked Mike Tyson's tweet about it. You know there's an issue when Mike Tyson says this about your fight "Unimaginable never thought it would go down like this. Crazier than my fight riot."

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hopefully now that mcgrgeors tapped again he retires and the sport can move away from this bs wwe rubbish that he started and get back to it being a proper sport again

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully now that mcgrgeors tapped again he retires and the sport can move away from this bs wwe rubbish that he started and get back to it being a proper sport again
That's what I was hoping, but fighting a guys trainers after a fight, or having trainers join the fight, could very easily start a precedent if it's not handled well.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's what I was hoping, but fighting a guys trainers after a fight, or having trainers join the fight, could very easily start a precedent if it's not handled well.
Well if they do do anything to him after letting mcgrgeor have a title shot straight after what he did then I'm done with the sport because that's frankly a joke. McGregor didn't get a suspension for what he didn

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well if they do do anything to him after letting mcgrgeor have a title shot straight after what he did then I'm done with the sport because that's frankly a joke. McGregor didn't get a suspension for what he didn
I agree he shouldn't have been allowed to fight. But if he fought, lost and that was the end of it, it could have very well been the end of it and the UFC would have had a chance to go back to pre-mcgregor. Now Khabib has ruined that possibility.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree he shouldn't have been allowed to fight. But if he fought, lost and that was the end of it, it could have very well been the end of it and the UFC would have had a chance to go back to pre-mcgregor. Now Khabib has ruined that possibility.
No matter what happens mcgrgeor should be no where near another title fight. Yet again he quit never even attempted to fight the choke. So acts like a criminal, refuses to defend a title, takes 2 years off, gets choked out. He should be sent right back to the bottom of the pile now

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Commission could come down harder on Khabib than Conor due to Khabib putting fans safety at risk at an event.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Commission could come down harder on Khabib than Conor due to Khabib putting fans safety at risk at an event.
And what about the fighters safety that got endangered.....one fighter actually getting hurt and could've been blinded, another fighter had a near panic attack because of it mcgrgeor and his team assaulting a security. Yet nothing happened. Normally I'd be against khabib for this kind of thing but I'm also a big believer in dealing with the consequences of your actions and mcgrgeor and his cronies deserved everything they got. First rule of self defence don't start trouble with people because you never know what they'll do back to you

Latest Discussions