Martial arts: Way of the Warrior

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by chufeng
That sucks...and that, in part, is why I don't go out looking for "everyone" to learn YiLi...we like to bump heads.

:asian:
chufeng

Yeah, I know what you mean.
My dojo is not exactly "over flowing".;)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In our Club, we have as many or more Black Belts then Students.

The Ratio is 5 to 4 right now. This allows for the BB to train with each other and for the students to get good one on one training.

We can get rough and we can get tough and not worry. The one that stay are their for a reason. We are not teaching to make the rent and or feed ourselves. We do it for the love of the art.

Train well everyone :)

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by RyuShiKan
What was this American guy studying anyway?

They said the specific name, and for the life of me, I can't
remember now :(

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by Kirk
They said the specific name, and for the life of me, I can't
remember now :(

Was it Karate........judo.........jujutsu......kendo?

OP
K

Kirk

Future Showtimes (at the time of this writing 02-28-2003)

On Air (ET):

Mar 24 2003
7:00 PM

Mar 25 2003
2:00 AM

Martial Arts: Kung Fu Fighter

Explore the mythic past and mysterious preseny
of "traditional" Asian martial arts. Follow the
strict regimen of students training in the ancient
art of Kung Fu. Travel to Japan to experience
Karate, Ninjitsu and Tai Chi Ch'uan.

bujinclergy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by sweeper well that's what I'm unsure of.. they didn't realy show sparring from the art, I mean everytime they prepare to take a hit they go into stance and "chi up" as they said.. that's not very practical of fighting in my opinion..

The "Combat Ki" of Juko-kai is just one aspect of subtraining in their art. Chubu Shorin Ryu which is a lineage down from Seidokan is the Kata of the Karate Division they do. The Jujutsu they have been doing has been around since the late 60's. These people are not new to the martial arts. There will be a National Clinic in Louisiana in May sponsored by the Jujutsu guys who have been with Sacharnoski Sensei for around 30 years. People should show up and pass judgement rather than get "pissed off" at a TV show.

I'd put money on it no-one from these boards will show up....

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by Cthulhu
That would have been a really good show if it were not for the inclusion of that Combat Ki crap. They've aired that show several times in the past, and I watch it up until the Juko-Kai poop. Then I get pissed and turn the TV off.

Cthulhu

One of the “nut-knockers” in Juko-kai has connections to The Discovery Channel and several other shows.

I and several other MA people wrote The Discovery Channel explaining what a CLASS A fake Rod Sacharnoski is and even supplied several independent organizations (Attorney General for the state Sacharnoski lives in for one) they could write to that would corroborate the facts we had given them.

The Discovery Channel’s reply was that they didn’t really try to verify the claims of the people on their show.

My respect level for The Discovery Channel went waaaaaaaaaay down after that.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by bujinclergy
The "Combat Ki" of Juko-kai is just one aspect of subtraining in their art. Chubu Shorin Ryu which is a lineage down from Seidokan is the Kata of the Karate Division they do. The Jujutsu they have been doing has been around since the late 60's. These people are not new to the martial arts. There will be a National Clinic in Louisiana in May sponsored by the Jujutsu guys who have been with Sacharnoski Sensei for around 30 years. People should show up and pass judgement rather than get "pissed off" at a TV show.

Uh………. I and several others exposed Sacharnoski, Head of Juko-kai, bogus claims to his connection with several MA organizations (Motobu Ryu & Hontai Yoshin Ryu to be exact).

According to folks at the Seidokan HQ in Okinawa Sacharnoski’s connection to Seidokan is dubious at best. Mr. Toma, head of Seidokan, is also a very good friend of my teacher.

In fact Don Cunningham found a dan certificate that Sacharnoski was trying to pass of as a real Seidokan Certificate.
I look at it and instead of it saying Seidokan = True Way House it , it said Seidokan= Sex Way House. (different kanji but they have the same sound....Sei) Sacharnoski had made a bogus certificate and screwed up the kanji.
Sacharnoski was questioned about this and said there was a different meaning for “his” version.
Just to make sure I had several Japanese MA look at it and after they quite laughing they asked if it was a joke.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by bujinclergy

Thanks, but no thanks.
I have no intention of wasting time/money on airfare to fly half way around the world to find out what I already know after making inquiries about Sacharnoski in Japan and Okinawa.

OP
Y

yilisifu

Ditto. On the other hand, any of them is certainly welcome to come HERE and I'll show them why they're wrong.