Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
That would be a awesomw show MMAT

Mystery Martial Art Theatre....:)..

I would tune in religiously....
Every week, a different mix of instructors commenting on either kung-fu movies, action films, or the XMA stuff.

I miss MST3K. Joel was the best host.

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Feisty Mouse said:
Every week, a different mix of instructors commenting on either kung-fu movies, action films, or the XMA stuff.

I miss MST3K. Joel was the best host.
The conversation has switched from Xtreme Martial Arts to a show that was cancelled 7 years ago.. I guess the general sentiment on Xtreme MA is clear!

(Mike's better.) ;)

OP

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
yes....but were on psoeaking of a new show that will make the xtreme one xtremely funny.

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The Kai said:
Actually i would like to see the guy try it with a sharp blade!!

Again, why are'nt the martial arts respected as a fighting art? Watch this show
Exactly...

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chobaja said:
The conversation has switched from Xtreme Martial Arts to a show that was cancelled 7 years ago.. I guess the general sentiment on Xtreme MA is clear!

(Mike's better.) ;)
sorry for the distraction!

(and clearly, you must be nuts! Joel was much more....sardonic)

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Feisty Mouse said:
sorry for the distraction!

(and clearly, you must be nuts! Joel was much more....sardonic)
Oh I don't mind the distraction one bit. I was just pointing out that's just how much people care about the Xtreme MA show.. Not even enough to stay on subject. I'm quite comfortable with an MST conversation. =) Sure beats arguing about abortion rights, lol.

(I don't care WHO gets to be the captive on the S.O.L., I want the show back!!)

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
this is excellent...the topic was about a show that demoed XMA...and we talk about MST3K...that's just friggin' great.

but I digress...as many before me have stated...the show was a steaming pile. the most interesting part was the WuShu lady doing the rope dart form, I would've killed myself thrice over with that thing.

on a sidenote...MST3K is on DVD. :D

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Chronuss said:
this is excellent...the topic was about a show that demoed XMA...and we talk about MST3K...that's just friggin' great.

but I digress...as many before me have stated...the show was a steaming pile. the most interesting part was the WuShu lady doing the rope dart form, I would've killed myself thrice over with that thing.

on a sidenote...MST3K is on DVD. :D
Im still hoping that some day KTMA 1 and 2 will surface. I have b+ tapes of all the other existing KTMA episodes.

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
Oh, sorry. Before they got on comedy central, they were on a Minnesota UHF channel called KTMA Channel 23 in Minneapolis. There were 21 episodes from 1988 to 1989 before they moved on to cable. There are no known recordings of the first 3 episodes. This was the time where they did in fact riff on the movie off the cuff rather than the extensive writing they did on later episodes.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
just goes to show that we'd rather watch a human and to animatronic actors rip on cult classic movies than watch some guy get his **** handed to him in point sparring a do a kiah that resembles the sounds of a constipated grizzly bear.

OP

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Chronuss said:
just goes to show that we'd rather watch a human and to animatronic actors rip on cult classic movies than watch some guy get his **** handed to him in point sparring a do a kiah that resembles the sounds of a constipated grizzly bear.
yes, but woe to those that have watched the extreme and believe

achilles

Green Belt
Reaction score
I honestly thought that the whole XMA thing was just a new advertising stunt to sell uniforms.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Uniforms, weapons, patchs, backpacks, twirly sticks. Not too mention the arm and leg costing seminars. Century like to promote treends that sell tons of redundant gear

T

TonyM.

XMA causes the sort of laughter in me that heals the heart.

Latest Discussions