Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I came up with an argument to suggest bjj is the grappling equivalent of no contact karate. Its a ridiculous argument, but i may post it at some point if i get bored enough.
OH SNAP!!!

I think that would make for an incredibly entertaining thread, I predict 400+ posts? XD

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
If the Chinese Embassy calls you and tells you that you have been ban form China....hang up...its a scam...don't do what Mrs Xue did and talk to them for an hour before you realize something ain't right
Oh! My girlfriend kept getting calls recently from a Chinese person, I think regarding some government/embassy... yeah we figured it was out of place ;D

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Chinese Embassy calls you and tells you that you have been ban form China....hang up...its a scam...don't do what Mrs Xue did and talk to them for an hour before you realize something ain't right
Oh, I'll talk to them for an hour. :D

Tied up a scammer for more than 2 hours once because I couldn't physically locate him -- but as long as he stayed on the line with me, he wasn't scamming anyone else. Wish I'd started trying to get him to front me the money for his scam sooner, because I think I almost had him... (I miss the evil grin emoji...)

Had another woman come in one day. She very carefully set her cell phone down in the vestibule, and came in, asking to speak with an officer. She had a guy on the phone who was threatening to arrest her husband if he didn't pay... Yeah, right. Not how it works. So she brings the phone to the station, with the guy on the line. I tried to string him along for a bit without success, and finally IDed myself. He maintained he was a federal agent, said it was going to be my fault the guy was going to get arrested... Heck, I even offered to hook the guy myself, if he'd sent the warrant. Funny... nobody ever arrested that guy. :shrug: :D

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I get about a call a week from the IRS, telling me there are federal agents waiting to arrest me if I don't make immediate payment. Those agents are apparently quite patient.
WOW..... surely that's some sort of breach.. even for scammers!!

All we mainly get here are energy/electricity companies... cooooonstantly saying how we can save more money, yet all the while posing as my current energy company and trying to get us to sign with them... ugh...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Oh, I'll talk to them for an hour. :D

Tied up a scammer for more than 2 hours once because I couldn't physically locate him -- but as long as he stayed on the line with me, he wasn't scamming anyone else. Wish I'd started trying to get him to front me the money for his scam sooner, because I think I almost had him... (I miss the evil grin emoji...)

Had another woman come in one day. She very carefully set her cell phone down in the vestibule, and came in, asking to speak with an officer. She had a guy on the phone who was threatening to arrest her husband if he didn't pay... Yeah, right. Not how it works. So she brings the phone to the station, with the guy on the line. I tried to string him along for a bit without success, and finally IDed myself. He maintained he was a federal agent, said it was going to be my fault the guy was going to get arrested... Heck, I even offered to hook the guy myself, if he'd sent the warrant. Funny... nobody ever arrested that guy. :shrug: :D

We got this one under control so its all good. Apparently it is a fairly professional group that is based in Shanghai.

Had a guy call my house telling me he was my PC security group and my computer had a virus. After running him around through multiple operating systems and back again, I hear this on the other side of the phone...."I'm going to hang up now"

Had another one via e-mail who was also based in Singapore. Without going over the whole story of multiple e-mails (this guy was claiming to be a friend of mine, he had taken over a friends e-mail address) I told him we could get the money to him. And that he was in luck, my nephew, who was in the Chinese special forces, the one his fellow special forces friends called Xié'è de móguǐ (evil devil) would be on leave in Singapore and he said he could get the money to you to help....... no more e-mails after that

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
We got this one under control so its all good. Apparently it is a fairly professional group that is based in Shanghai.

Had a guy call my house telling me he was my PC security group and my computer had a virus. After running him around through multiple operating systems and back again, I hear this on the other side of the phone...."I'm going to hang up now"

Had another one via e-mail who was also based in Singapore. Without going over the whole story of multiple e-mails (this guy was claiming to be a friend of mine, he had taken over a friends e-mail address) I told him we could get the money to him. And that he was in luck, my nephew, who was in the Chinese special forces, the one his fellow special forces friends called Xié'è de móguǐ (evil devil) would be on leave in Singapore and he said he could get the money to you to help....... no more e-mails after that
Xié'è de móguǐ

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
how boring my life is
But then again, I don't have the patience to play with those folks....

the best I got was telling AT&T off after they reabsorbed Bell South into the fold.
We had bare bones telephone, just one line, no caller ID, no call waiting, no second line. Just.Phone.
and they kept calling and calling until I got sick of them.
"I know where to find you guys. I have what I need and if that changes I call you.
If you call my house again, I switch to the competition!"
Ahhhhhhh
peace and quiet after that! :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just looked up all the side effects of the medication I am on because of that dang tick bite

There are any, a couple of other I have but these 2 stood out based on how I have been feeling
  • inflammation of the joints
  • joint or muscle pain

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dropped my phone, now my screen is spazzing out. Going to see if I can get it fixed/replaced tomorrow :/

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I get ear worms that way all the time. Unfortunately for the Hobbit, it usually leads to me singing the phrase that's stuck in my head, then replacing the words with something more entertaining (for me).
Oh, I wouldn't mind it so much if you managed to stay on key. But you don't. Key is a very freewheeling notion for you apparently.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I gotten three calls at my house from Homeland security...who spoke incredibly good Mandarin by the way..., that I was going to be deported.....the last time I spoke to them only in the little German I know...have not received a call since...and I have not been deported yet either.
I suppose I will have to teach you all some Russian. So, the next time they call they'll think they'd hit one of Putin's spies. :)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do not bicker with @gpseymour and treat him gently today. I dragged him off for a Barre/dynamic stretch exercise sandwich, so the poor fellow is severely traumatized after spending two hours in workout studios surrounded by sweaty women in tights doings strange and despicable things.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Most of the ones I’ve had lately were spoofing the caller ID, so no way to call them back.

Party poopers.

We had one a couple weeks ago call in ref to a bogus loan.... spent half the morning hagling over details so that we could get in on the goat boom.

Kept telling them we need the money today to get out in front of the goat boom that was about to hit.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Party poopers.

We had one a couple weeks ago call in ref to a bogus loan.... spent half the morning hagling over details so that we could get in on the goat boom.

Kept telling them we need the money today to get out in front of the goat boom that was about to hit.
Oh, to be a fly on the wall for THAT ONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions