Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Update: rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, and more rain. And later this evening? We might get some rain. It got a little scary around 3 am this morning - I think that's when the main band of the hurricane was moving in, because the wind was WICKED. It's a really interesting effect in the mountains, because you already have infernal, resonating, echoing noise from the rain and the creeks, and then the wind starts moving all this back and forth. There were bits an pieces flying through the air - leaves, small branches, etc. But it's not too bad now. I have the house wide open, airing it out, an a little fire going on in the woodburning stove because Cooper asked me to. :)

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Update: rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, and more rain. And later this evening? We might get some rain. It got a little scary around 3 am this morning - I think that's when the main band of the hurricane was moving in, because the wind was WICKED. It's a really interesting effect in the mountains, because you already have infernal, resonating, echoing noise from the rain and the creeks, and then the wind starts moving all this back and forth. There were bits an pieces flying through the air - leaves, small branches, etc. But it's not too bad now. I have the house wide open, airing it out, an a little fire going on in the woodburning stove because Cooper asked me to. :)
Good, wasn't sure if the hurricane was hitting you guys. Glad that you're okay

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Happy to hear you got through it ok.
We will me getting rain from that hurricane on Tuesday, but not the wind, just the rain

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I'm glad you're okay, Hobbit. Stay dry, my friend.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hurricane at the Tree Castle.
41974078_1997069113648177_3024967534114766848_n.jpg

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Me and my fiancee both forgot today is our anniversary. She just remembered a few moments ago.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
The rain is actually subsiding. It's hard to tell whether it's still raining or not, because everything is dripping, and the creeks are very loud. But it's not really windy anymore. It's actually quite nice. Very peaceful. Will have to figure out tomorrow, whether I can make it to work - not sure how our roads are.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
... And then there were none. The storm - or what we've got of it - petered out by nightfall yesterday. Rain stopped. It's sunny today. Roads are fine. Yes, some low-lying areas are flooded - but we'd had such a rotten summer, complete with storms, gusty winds, flooding, torrential downpours, and power outages, that this didn't feel so bad. Based on what everyone else is saying, the rest of NC got slammed.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My guess is, she didn't just remember. :D

When are you getting married?

steve, I don't know what you see when you look at your post but what I see it, if I am not logged in is

"My, guess is, she didn't remember :D

When are you getting married -
and directly below that with no space in between is an add

Find Your
Russian
Women
View More

my quesiton for you is....are you into a new business now and trying to get more customers here on MT :D

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My guess is, she didn't just remember. :D

When are you getting married?
May 2020. We still got a bit to go. And you are probably right, as when i got home she had a gift for me...i doubt she ran out to get something and wrap it between her 'remembering' and me getting home

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
May 2020. We still got a bit to go. And you are probably right, as when i got home she had a gift for me...i doubt she ran out to get something and wrap it between her 'remembering' and me getting home
Give it time. You'll learn all the tricks! :D

Can I ask why you guys are taking so long to marry? That's quite a protracted engagement.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Give it time. You'll learn all the tricks! :D

Can I ask why you guys are taking so long to marry? That's quite a protracted engagement.
Mainly money at the time. We were planning to save up, since i was not at the best paying job. A couple months after we booked the venue, i got a new job with a 20k pay boost, but by that point we already started making payments.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
We are coming up on our 25th. You guys think I'm am *******... Lol. She puts up with me every day.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Mainly money at the time. We were planning to save up, since i was not at the best paying job. A couple months after we booked the venue, i got a new job with a 20k pay boost, but by that point we already started making payments.
That makes sense. No reason to rush it, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.