Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
The saga continues - washer works fine, but now the dryer doesn't want to dry. All symptoms indicate an issue with the vent. Didn't have time to do anything about it this morning. Will have to pull on my jeans and get behind it after I get home tonight. Will also have to go out and check the vent cover on the other side - make sure the wildlife didn't decide to take up residence there.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
The saga continues - washer works fine, but now the dryer doesn't want to dry. All symptoms indicate an issue with the vent. Didn't have time to do anything about it this morning. Will have to pull on my jeans and get behind it after I get home tonight. Will also have to go out and check the vent cover on the other side - make sure the wildlife didn't decide to take up residence there.
Sounds like fun.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
The clogged dryer exhaust hose was indeed the culprit. I'll need to pop over to Lowe's and get another hose - because this one was too short, plus it got all torn up what with me having to slide the dryer out. Anyone has any suggestions about easier ways of installing the exhaust hose without constantly tearing pieces off the edges?

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
The clogged dryer exhaust hose was indeed the culprit. I'll need to pop over to Lowe's and get another hose - because this one was too short, plus it got all torn up what with me having to slide the dryer out. Anyone has any suggestions about easier ways of installing the exhaust hose without constantly tearing pieces off the edges?

Use a convoluted hose spigot?

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
In other news, I'm getting old.

All I did was shift about 3 tonnes of topsoil by hand twice (OK, I used a shovel - into trailer, drive home, out of trailer into wheelbarrow, 150yds down the garden, repeat).

Then went to tkd class.

Then to the following kickboxing class.

Now I feel somewhat fatigued.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

All I did was shift about 3 tonnes of topsoil by hand twice (OK, I used a shovel - into trailer, drive home, out of trailer into wheelbarrow, 150yds down the garden, repeat).

Then went to tkd class.

Just a wee bit? Do you need a fainting couch?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would quite honestly adore one.

Plus a buxom wench to position the couch to catch me.
fainting-couch.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
My advice is be careful and don't tear it.

And Empty your lint trap every time! Sheesh.

Seriously though, I'm glad you are addressing this. Can cause a fire if not addressed. When was the last time you cleaned the vent from your dryer to outside? Worth doing once a year or so.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Or get a condensing dryer so you don't need a hose at all - just empty the condensate collector when the light comes on ;)
Withcraft!!

Okay maybe not but I've never heard of this. What a great idea. Not common around here...

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have no suggestions, apart from you could totally publish a book on this too, but like, the washer can be the "mighty dragon", and the dryer is the "disenchanted wizard" :D

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Then went to tkd class.

And...... I would probably be in a COMA after this, so I think you're doin' a'ight ;)

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd have to see how it's set up. You shouldn't have to mess with it much...

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My advice is be careful and don't tear it.

And Empty your lint trap every time! Sheesh.

Seriously though, I'm glad you are addressing this. Can cause a fire if not addressed. When was the last time you cleaned the vent from your dryer to outside? Worth doing once a year or so.
Not a bad idea to open the dryer up and vacuum it at least once a year, too... there's a lot of lint that manages to get out of the drum without going through the filter.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
All day long today people had silly PC issues....changed the language in word for German....computer not working.....but if you turn the monitor on...well......why can't I install this....does the word "RIGHTS" mean anything to you....my personal printer stoppped working..... so tell me WHY you unplugged the USB cable.... our printer has not worked all week...why hasn't someone fixed it...did you tell anyone before today...no...ok...I'll put in a new print cartridge......and now it is apparently Mrs Xue's turn.... the wireless mouse was not working...... but if you put the dongle in it works just fine

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'd have to see how it's set up. You shouldn't have to mess with it much...
The biggest problem is - our exhaust hole in the wall is high up (we are on the slope and a hole level with the dryer exhaust would have been in the soil). So it takes some finaggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions