Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well Jacob returned to the basketball court tonight. Played the whole game except the last 3 minutes of the 4th Quarter (they were way ahead). After the game my wife wondering why the coach left him so long and asked Jacob, "What did the coach say about the doctor telling you to being careful with your shoulder and not do too much"

Jacob answered, "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell him."

lol...Apparently he didn't even tell the coach he had to go to the doctor and get his shoulder X-rayed due to a shoulder contusion.....mom wasn't happy....lol.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a note --

The BSA's Wood Badge leadership training is a great program. Easily one of the best leadership courses I've had -- and it's actually practical, and you can see where it really gets used in the program. That last part puts it miles ahead of most of the leadership courses I've had...

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a note --

The BSA's Wood Badge leadership training is a great program. Easily one of the best leadership courses I've had -- and it's actually practical, and you can see where it really gets used in the program. That last part puts it miles ahead of most of the leadership courses I've had...
Still have yet to do that. But I also would say that the BSA in general is a great program. One of the best leadership courses(?) I've been a part of. There is also the junior leadership training (can't remember the acronym), a 2 weekend course I took part in when I was 16, that spent a lot of time on leadership, and on how groups operate. I remember a lot from it, and even used some of the stuff I learned 7/8 years later when I started running mental health/substance abuse treatment groups.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
My wife forgets our anniversary more than I do..... also des not want to celebrate her birthday...she thinks its a silly American idea
That's not true! I didn't grow up anywhere near America, but everyone in my family loved birthdays and holidays. And all of our friends loved them too. It was an excuse to get together, cook, eat, drink, sing, and talk. I still miss those.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That's not true! I didn't grow up anywhere near America, but everyone in my family loved birthdays and holidays. And all of our friends loved them too. It was an excuse to get together, cook, eat, drink, sing, and talk. I still miss those.

It is true.... and she is from a little further east than you....or a little less west....depending on which direction you go

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is true.... and she is from a little further east than you....or a little less west....depending on which direction you go

Stop being silly, you can't get there going west.

You'll fall off the edge of the worldmap...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
And now I apologize...don't mean to bring the tone of the LPv6 down, but we just found out my Brother-in-law in China has been diagnosed with Thymic Carcinoma.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
And now I apologize...don't mean to bring the tone of the LPv6 down, but we just found out my Brother-in-law in China has been diagnosed with Thymic Carcinoma.

To adopt internet parlance:

Much feels bro.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Pokémon GO_2018-09-20-07-01-21.jpg

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
So today I (hopefully) arranged the sale of my chipper.

Kind of sad to see such an entertainingly dangerous machine leave.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
So sorry to hear that mate... hope you're all okay, thinkin of ya all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions