Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
And now I apologize...don't mean to bring the tone of the LPv6 down, but we just found out my Brother-in-law in China has been diagnosed with Thymic Carcinoma.
Oh, Xue, I am so sorry! I have no idea about the state of medicine in China. What's the prognosis for such patients there?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
So, the reason our heat pump was leaking was - there was a dead rat in the catch pan, who blocked the drain and caused the catch pan to overflow. You know.... around here, even our electrical power company has a fault reason "wildlife interference". It usually means the power was lost or flickered because a squirrel shorted a line somewhere or a couple of turkey vultures decided to do their mating dance on the lines. Well, apparently, we can now add "wildlife interference" to our heat pump operation issues.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Shucks, I forgot to check in for 5 pages.
Everybody else present and accounted for?

Work lost my request for vacation, my last three days. We gotta take it before the end of the month or lose it.
I mean, it's not like the company pays tons where that would kill them to shell out the money, and the middle of the year is really bogus *** deadline, so you can't save up, for like Christmas or so....
So, tomorrow I will find out how screwed I am going to be.
And then I will see when I can quit this place.

Tired of nobody paying enough attention to actually listen. They are all soooooo important (But I guess this is normal for the work place.)
And everybody thinking I fell off a turnip truck the previous night.
one of the many new chiefs came up to me the other day 'Oh, hey, your floor is high priority!'
Duh, Buttercup, it has always been. But when I am not allowed to do my job, the scores go down.
I wonder if the hospital is trying their best to drop my company as contractor.
Because no matter which way I turn, something is amiss....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Oh, Xue, I am so sorry! I have no idea about the state of medicine in China. What's the prognosis for such patients there?

Well, if he listens to his sisters (my wife [who was a doctor at Beijing Hospital] and sister-in-law) and goes to Beijing hospital his prognosis is probably as good as going to the mayo-clinic. But if he listens to his wife and goes back to that little hospital outside of Beijing his prognosis is not good at all.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have a cold.

It's obviously really bad because I'm a man.

Sore throat, headache, simultaneous runny and blocked nose.

Brilliant.

And I've just got home from my grading to 2nd kup...

Literally nothing beats the feeling of putting on vinyl dipped sparring pads when you're already sweaty :wtf:

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh, and sneezing with a gumshield in - that's always fun too.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Also, I hit my head on the coop earlier while trying to catch a chicken - I have a small cut and lump.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a cold.

Actually, there is good reason to believe that the "man cold" is a real thing. There have been a number of studies showing that the immune response varies by gender, and that men do, in fact, get sicker when exposed to the common cold virus.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Actually, there is good reason to believe that the "man cold" is a real thing. There have been a number of studies showing that the immune response varies by gender, and that men do, in fact, get sicker when exposed to the common cold virus.

Oh great...just another reason for Mrs Xue to call me wimpy....when she not calling me martial arts crazy...... thanks THANKS ALOT

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh great...just another reason for Mrs Xue to call me wimpy....when she not calling me martial arts crazy...... thanks THANKS ALOT

No No.... you're not being wimpy. You really are sicker. If you weren't, then, yes, you'd be wimpy.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have a cold.

Brilliant.

Literally nothing beats the feeling of putting on vinyl dipped sparring pads when you're already sweaty :wtf:
Hot whiskey with honey and lemon fixes EVERYTHING.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Go forth, and encourage him.....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have a cold.

Brilliant.

Yep, you're gonna die.....

Eventually.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
for @Dirty Dog

Saw one of these today....same color, same year

sc0515-214422_1@2x.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions