Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
My advice is be careful and don't tear it.

And Empty your lint trap every time! Sheesh.

Seriously though, I'm glad you are addressing this. Can cause a fire if not addressed. When was the last time you cleaned the vent from your dryer to outside? Worth doing once a year or so.
Oh, come on now - give me SOME credit. Of COURSE I clean the lint trap. And the vent is clear outside. What caused the problem this time was - the conduit tore at the connection to the outside vent, and there was no way to see it because it was behind the dryer. The tear caused an interruption in the air flow, and all the stuff just gathered right... there. When I replace it, I'll get a longer piece of conduit - we used this one because it came with the dryer, and they always give you just enough, but once you nip the edges once or twice, it becomes too short.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
All day long today people had silly PC issues....changed the language in word for German....computer not working.....but if you turn the monitor on...well......why can't I install this....does the word "RIGHTS" mean anything to you....my personal printer stoppped working..... so tell me WHY you unplugged the USB cable.... our printer has not worked all week...why hasn't someone fixed it...did you tell anyone before today...no...ok...I'll put in a new print cartridge......and now it is apparently Mrs Xue's turn.... the wireless mouse was not working...... but if you put the dongle in it works just fine
You know... I go between Russian and English on my computers all the time - because I translate. And it takes some doing to add a second language layout to your keyboard. So... how in the world does one do it accidentally?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You know... I go between Russian and English on my computers all the time - because I translate. And it takes some doing to add a second language layout to your keyboard. So... how in the world does one do it accidentally?

Mrs Xue us constantly going between English and Chinese......and I have no idea how folks do it accidentally..... but that was not the first time I have seen that...the worst was when someone...who should not have been touching the system...managed to change the language, on a mainframe that was controlling the fire alarm and sprinkler systems, to German. You see he had taken a computer class in night school and wanted to practice.....Much running in circles and panicking ensued from the maintenance office that controlled it. I just went into settings and changed it back....still have no idea how he did that by accident....also never got any explanation why there was no password on this rather important system...or as why they allowed anyone, who just happened to be in front of the keyboard, in this unsecured area, access to it.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mrs Xue us constantly going between English and Chinese......and I have no idea how folks do it accidentally..... but that was not the first time I have seen that...the worst was when someone...who should not have been touching the system...managed to change the language, on a mainframe that was controlling the fire alarm and sprinkler systems, to German. You see he had taken a computer class in night school and wanted to practice.....Much running in circles and panicking ensued from the maintenance office that controlled it. I just went into settings and changed it back....still have no idea how he did that by accident....also never got any explanation why there was no password on this rather important system...or as why they allowed anyone, who just happened to be in front of the keyboard, in this unsecured area, access to it.
English and Chinese. That's harder than English and Russian. At least, with English and Russian, the writing is in the same direction. Granted, one is a Romance language, and the other is from the Indo-European group, but still....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
bd1.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
English and Chinese. That's harder than English and Russian. At least, with English and Russian, the writing is in the same direction. Granted, one is a Romance language, and the other is from the Indo-European group, but still....

Every now and then I have to fix something with the language setup on her laptop, but not often.

And I believe it is typing left to right in Word, just like we do

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The biggest problem is - our exhaust hole in the wall is high up (we are on the slope and a hole level with the dryer exhaust would have been in the soil). So it takes some finaggling.
If you look around, you should be able to find a right angle connection that will reduce the crimping and forcing to fit.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG! There is actually a dryer vent pipe kit! With elbows! It's a thing! That's what I'm getting. Wohooo!
See, I told you! LOL

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
So
create a disk image on a flash drive
test a new piece of software to see how it does
select destination......:G:
Ok that's what the flash drive was
Select image file...well that's on E:
Look at interface source E:
Destination G:
Hit start.........
It reformats E: to FAT32 and wipes out all of my backups of ISO files, bit locker keys, and various other tools.....never touches the G:
I had to reformat the drive to NTFS in order to save the ISO files on it and had to go through 100 flash drives...one at a time...for the Bitlocker keys

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
The saga continues. Replaced the dryer exhaust hose and installed a new exhaust cover while I was at it. There is definitely some very respectable air flow in there now. The next $50 (or more) question is - did I or did I not burn out the heating element and the temperature sensor while working on all this? Stay tuned for the new adventure.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Making pickled cucumbers and squash, onion jam, and harvesting mint and lemon balm as additional herbal tea ingredients. I hope all is well with everyone this rainy morning.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well Jacob took a nasty spill in the 4th quarter of the Junior High Basketball Game Thursday night. Thought he separated his shoulder but luckily it turns out its just a shoulder contusion. Missed the karate tournament this weekend but should be cleared to return to action Monday or Tuesday.

Who would have ever thought basketball would be more dangerous than karate.....lol.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I finally got rid of an engine that's been sat about for a couple of years, and a pair of axles.

A bit more space, which is nice :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well Jacob took a nasty spill in the 4th quarter of the Junior High Basketball Game Thursday night. Thought he separated his shoulder but luckily it turns out its just a shoulder contusion. Missed the karate tournament this weekend but should be cleared to return to action Monday or Tuesday.

Who would have ever thought basketball would be more dangerous than karate.....lol.

Sorry to hear about the injury, but glad to hear it was not as bad as you thought

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

OW... it still sounds bad. Remind him not to try and bounce back too quickly.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Today... I un-flooded our basement, shoveled cat **** (don't ask - but "shoveling" is an accurate term), ran four loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the living room, closed up 12 jars of pickles (yellow squash and cucumbers with pepper, garlic, and dill), and three jars of onion jam. I am now tired. I hope nobody judges me if I watch "Merlin" with Sam Neill followed by "Murder on the Orient Express" with David Suchet (he is THE Hercule Poirot - don't argue.)

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
OW... it still sounds bad. Remind him not to try and bounce back too quickly.

He has a month til the next tournament, but his Jr High Basketball Team is undefeated and he is the starting point guard....and he doesn't do..."take it easy" real well. Lol.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
He has a month til the next tournament, but his Jr High Basketball Team is undefeated and he is the starting point guard....and he doesn't do..."take it easy" real well. Lol.
Well... at his age you can get away with stuff like that... but those injuries DO leave long-lasting traces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions