Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason I got pretty lightheaded in class today... it went away real quickly, and I was able to quickly get back to class ,but it's weird that it just randomly happened during class... aside from that great class today!
I've only had that happen when my BP was lower than usual (mine starts at slightly higher than "dead since yesterday"), or if I hadn't eaten.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now we've got to know...what's his normal pulse/bp/temp?
My BP often is something like 110-115/55. When I give blood I have to have my snack in the donation chair, or just pass out on the way to the table.

My resting pulse is in the high 50’s to low 60’s, in spite of me not really getting nearly enough exercise.

The temp is probably the least odd of the three. I run about 2 degrees below the much quoted 98.6. If I hit 98.6, I have a fever. Usually a rather serious mancold, as the Hobbit can attest.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wowza... good news

"For the first time this season all bush and grass fires in NSW are now contained.

... Twenty-five people have been killed, more than 2400 homes have been destroyed and five million hectares burnt in the devastating blazes."

https://7news.com.au/news/bushfires...ush-and-grass-fires-contained-by-rfs-c-696205
Man, it’s good to hear things are finally getting under control out there. I know you guys like a good barbie, but that was ridiculous.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My BP often is something like 110-115/55. When I give blood I have to have my snack in the donation chair, or just pass out on the way to the table.

My resting pulse is in the high 50’s to low 60’s, in spite of me not really getting nearly enough exercise.

The temp is probably the least odd of the three. I run about 2 degrees below the much quoted 98.6. If I hit 98.6, I have a fever. Usually a rather serious mancold, as the Hobbit can attest.
We have similarities. I also run about 2 degrees cooler (always wondered how uncommon that really is) and my BP hangs around 115/60. I have seen it go as low as 40 but usually feel like crap when it happens (something to do with MS I have been told).
My pulse is erratic. If I get really, really winded it will get close to 180-190bpm but I will feel fine. Get a 30 second to 1 minute blow and it will be back down to 90 to 100bpm. Been that way all my life.
Back in the day I could go 5 by 3-minute rounds with a 1 minute blow balls out the whole time. We would do this to get ready for the official 3 by 3-minute matches.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wowza... good news

"For the first time this season all bush and grass fires in NSW are now contained.

... Twenty-five people have been killed, more than 2400 homes have been destroyed and five million hectares burnt in the devastating blazes."

https://7news.com.au/news/bushfires...ush-and-grass-fires-contained-by-rfs-c-696205

Wow in college I worked as an intern for a timber company and part of my jib was helping do controlled burns.

The heat given off was incredible....and those were controlled. Wildfires are no joke.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well saga update: Houston we have running water!
85008171_2900325746655838_6732229999459303424_o.jpg

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
We have similarities. I also run about 2 degrees cooler (always wondered how uncommon that really is) and my BP hangs around 115/60. I have seen it go as low as 40 but usually feel like crap when it happens (something to do with MS I have been told).
My pulse is erratic. If I get really, really winded it will get close to 180-190bpm but I will feel fine. Get a 30 second to 1 minute blow and it will be back down to 90 to 100bpm. Been that way all my life.
Back in the day I could go 5 by 3-minute rounds with a 1 minute blow balls out the whole time. We would do this to get ready for the official 3 by 3-minute matches.
You forgot my sub-normal body temperature.

No surprise that you guys be cool. :yawn:

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The temp is probably the least odd of the three. I run about 2 degrees below the much quoted 98.6.

98.6 is not, as people say, "normal". It's average. You're at the low end of the bell curve, but it's still normal.

If I hit 98.6, I have a fever.

No. You don't. A fever is 100.4F or higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions