Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey

Considering coming out of retirement, briefly, and reopening the blog for the whole surgery, recovery and return to training bits. Nothing solid yet, not sure if anyone is even interested, just a thought.

Later.

I'd like to read that. Wish I had done it many years ago myself. Not just to look back, but maybe it would have helped someone else going through it.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey

Considering coming out of retirement, briefly, and reopening the blog for the whole surgery, recovery and return to training bits. Nothing solid yet, not sure if anyone is even interested, just a thought.

Later.
I'd read it. I've never documented any of my recoveries - wish I'd done so with my knee surgery, at leas.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Since the hardware removal from my left leg about 2 weeks ago it seemed my leg felt much better. Two plates about 10" long were taken out , one that went all the up to the very top and slightly over the Tibia. From the time they were put in it always felt like the plates "pulled" against bone. The knee has been 12° out or place since injured and I guess the plates have been doing their best to not let it get worse.
After the initial trauma of the plates being removed it has really been feeling better. No pulling (which usually hurt). Sunday a friend helped me move about 100 rolls of hay so I was clutching the tractor quite a lot. Later in the evening it started hurting and I could not sleep at all last night. This morning my knee is huge and can barely bend the leg. The incision area looks pretty angry.
Not sure what is going on but I have an appointment on Tuesday to get stitches removed so I will tough it out until then.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Since the hardware removal from my left leg about 2 weeks ago it seemed my leg felt much better. Two plates about 10" long were taken out , one that went all the up to the very top and slightly over the Tibia. From the time they were put in it always felt like the plates "pulled" against bone. The knee has been 12° out or place since injured and I guess the plates have been doing their best to not let it get worse.
After the initial trauma of the plates being removed it has really been feeling better. No pulling (which usually hurt). Sunday a friend helped me move about 100 rolls of hay so I was clutching the tractor quite a lot. Later in the evening it started hurting and I could not sleep at all last night. This morning my knee is huge and can barely bend the leg. The incision area looks pretty angry.
Not sure what is going on but I have an appointment on Tuesday to get stitches removed so I will tough it out until then.

Hope it is all ok. Sounds like you did to much to soon

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree with @Xue Sheng 's assessment. You only had this done like fifteen minutes ago - and here you are hauling hay. That is insane.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I agree with @Xue Sheng 's assessment. You only had this done like fifteen minutes ago - and here you are hauling hay. That is insane.
Just another day, sort of. Doc said it would be really sore from unscrewing and banging the plates away from the bone and then just an incision (25 stitches). It was done two weeks ago last Friday and has felt really good.
I had to move the hay to keep cows fed and would have usually done it myself but recruited help. Not sure if yesterday had anything to do with it or not.
Yea, I am making excuses.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I just came back from the gym where I had one of those days being a whining, little bee-ach.

I hate Mondays.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh and @AngryHobbit ... it is time........

Doing another playthrough of the whole Monkey Island series... been keen for some point-n'-click adventure!

(Still have to get around to the ones you suggested! They are on the list!)
b315ee004e8c45ec699682dfb1bccc7d.jpg
1eeafa7fad94d33556e3236347cade63.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions