Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.Bridges

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Quick stop to say hi and to say it looks like I am going for more knee surgery, this time the other knee.....torn meniscus and a stress fracture of the Tibia......surgery is scheduled on the most apropos day possible..... April 1

Hope your surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Way ahead of you - I did that two weeks ago when this whole thing started. That's when I bought a 35-gallon water tank and a rain barrel.
but the 35 gallon is child's play!
you need something that lasts you a few days without refills.
Not to mention you need a generator.....

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Quick stop to say hi and to say it looks like I am going for more knee surgery, this time the other knee.....torn meniscus and a stress fracture of the Tibia......surgery is scheduled on the most apropos day possible..... April 1

Nice to see you, Xue. All the best with your surgery and recovery.

I hear you on the apropos day, April 1, it's the day I took my first Martial Arts class. So I'm feeling good for you, brother.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
but the 35 gallon is child's play!
you need something that lasts you a few days without refills.
Not to mention you need a generator.....
Yeah well... I also need a six-month sabbatical in Tuscany.... but I don't have an infinite supply of money to pay for it all. So, we work with what we can afford.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well saga update: like the conclusion of the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, this is very slow and has multiple endings (just nowhere near as glamorous or ***-kicky). The drilling is wrapping up today. We stopped at 505 feet. We were able to accelerate the well output to 5 gallons per minute, which is not bad at all - that's 300 gallons per hour, and considering we'll have this DEEP honking well, we should be ok in terms of capacity.

However, since the well was built in the 1970s, an NC inspector has to come back and take photos of the inside of the well. It's a state requirement that was introduced after the well was originally built. Basically, it's to make sure it has no intention of falling in on itself. This is, after all, the mountains.

Once that's done, the well drilling guys can get out of the way and clear the space to the well pump guys so they could re-pipe the pump and drop it back in there. Fingers crossed - we are hoping to have running water by this weekend.
That is great news. That is a huge difference in gpm.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Great to hear from you Xue. I hope all goes well on your surgery.

We got back from my Ortho just a bit ago. I thought I was getting stitches out today but he wanted to wait another week. He scheduled the 2nd hardware removal for March 3rd and knee replacements for May 1st. I can tell a difference in how my leg feels with the two big pieces of hardware removed. It doesn't hurt as much to put rotational torque on my shin.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just look at the first knee and say (sternly), "Look what you started!"

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I just answered a call for an unknown medical emergency on an incoming flight.

A guy had “a severely stubbed toe”

My God, what is this country coming to?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

You know that Jack Daniel, the man who made the booze, died of gangrene from a severely stumped toe?!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah yikes man... really hope it goes well

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You know that Jack Daniel, the man who made the booze, died of gangrene from a severely stumped toe?!
Lynchburg is not that far from us and I can remember stories of him dying of Sepsis that reportedly started in a toe when kicked his safe because he could not get it to open.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Lynchburg is not that far from us and I can remember stories of him dying of Sepsis that reportedly started in a toe when kicked his safe because he could not get it to open.
he must have had a bad temper!

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well... some of us might be the sort who would describe a near amputation that way...

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm seconding Gerry's advice.

Up until about 5 years ago, I would sternly tell my body not to get sick/not to get hurt, and it would listen (or I'd just ignore it :rolleyes:). Since I started allowing my body to get sick/injured and go to the doctors for advice, I've had a ton more issues that seem to have come out of nowhere. Much better to avoid the doctors completely and hope the pain goes away on it's own.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Much better to avoid the doctors completely ...
- Person A had a kidney tumor. He ignored doctor's opinion and tumor grew into watermelon size. He died 4 years later.
- Person B had a kidney tumor. He took doctor's opinion and had cryotherapy (freeze the tumor), he lived health and happy ever after.

One is lucky if he can:

- born healthy,
- grow happy,
- sick early (detect your sickness as early as possible).
- die fast (die in sleep is the best way to die).

Last edited:

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
For some reason I got pretty lightheaded in class today... it went away real quickly, and I was able to quickly get back to class ,but it's weird that it just randomly happened during class... aside from that great class today!

Status
Not open for further replies.