Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Damn, bro. We have some hard miles on us around here.

At least when the two are done at the same time the recovery is quicker that done separately. Just take your recovery therapy as serious as you take your Martial Arts. Wishing you the best. And when you do get it done - we'll be here to bust your chops you while you recover.
Thank you brother. That is my thinking. Moderate or worse pain one leg at a time for a longer period of time versus doing them both and getting it over with. Doc says the left leg will be rough so I may not even notice the right leg that much.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Got the results from my neurologist yesterday. Have a cyst in my brain. Going for another MRI with contrast this time to know more about it...I'm waiting until then to start pestering my neurologist with questions, since there's no point in doing so until we have more info.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the results from my neurologist yesterday. Have a cyst in my brain. Going for another MRI with contrast this time to know more about it...I'm waiting until then to start pestering my neurologist with questions, since there's no point in doing so until we have more info.
We'll be waiting with you - can't be fun not having much information yet.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thinking of you bro... hope the information you get is good news, either way we got your back in whatever way we can

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
In other (probably sad) news:

I think our older Jack Russell has just about reached the end of the road :(

She was picked up as a stray and taken to Battersea dog's home, where she spent 8 months in their behavioural unit for nervous aggression (average standard stay in the home is apparently 35 days). She had plenty of "interviews" over that time but everyone deemed her too much trouble to work with. She came with instructions that she'd never be able to cope with living with other animals or children.

We took her into our lives in May 2006, at which point Battersea estimated her age to be around 3.

She moved to France with us, and when our son was born in 2009 she spent the next 6 months on active guard duty, assessing anyone who approached him. Ever since then she's been on passive guard, ramping back to active when our daughter arrived in 2012.

Over her time with us she's accepted the arrival of any number of chickens, rabbits and another JRT with little fuss.

More recently her health has been in decline, she's been effectively deaf for some time (some sort of immune reaction for which she's on daily meds) and her eyesight is going due to cataracts, but she's always kept up.

The last few weeks she's had problems with her back legs/hips though, and we think there's the possibility she's started stroking in a small way...

We don't think it's at all fair to try starting invasive treatment on a nearly 20 year old dog, so unless she gets herself better over the weekend we really think it's best to admit game over.

Put me right out of the mood for work today, that's for sure.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this. Praying for a good report.
May I ask, what are your symptoms? I only ask because I had to had a plate on my noggin for a while and was told cysts are a possible side effect in the area where the injury is and the plate was removed. I had headaches for a while but they are pretty rare now. Was wondering if you are having different symptoms.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

She was picked up as a stray and taken to Battersea dog's home, where she spent 8 months in their behavioural unit for nervous aggression (average standard stay in the home is apparently 35 days). She had plenty of "interviews" over that time but everyone deemed her too much trouble to work with. She came with instructions that she'd never be able to cope with living with other animals or children.

We took her into our lives in May 2006, at which point Battersea estimated her age to be around 3.

She moved to France with us, and when our son was born in 2009 she spent the next 6 months on active guard duty, assessing anyone who approached him. Ever since then she's been on passive guard, ramping back to active when our daughter arrived in 2012.

Over her time with us she's accepted the arrival of any number of chickens, rabbits and another JRT with little fuss.

More recently her health has been in decline, she's been effectively deaf for some time (some sort of immune reaction for which she's on daily meds) and her eyesight is going due to cataracts, but she's always kept up.

The last few weeks she's had problems with her back legs/hips though, and we think there's the possibility she's started stroking in a small way...

We don't think it's at all fair to try starting invasive treatment on a nearly 20 year old dog, so unless she gets herself better over the weekend we really think it's best to admit game over.

I'm so very sorry to hear that pdg... it's never an easy thing to deal with, and I've struggled with every pet we've lost or had to let go of. Sounds like such a beautiful dog that has clearly been very loved and at home. Thinking of you guys

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

You remind me of my niece (Alex). She has several small animals, one being a JRT named Scout. Scout is in the late pup stage and full of energy. She is very slow to trust someone unless she see's Alex trust them. Being a small herding/hunting dogs is guess they are naturally a little spastic. It is interesting to watch her play/wrestle with the other dogs because the first thing she always goes for is the lower leg. I guess that is why herd farmers call then "biters or nippers"?

Very sorry to hear your pet may be near the end of the life cycle. Always hard to loose a friend be it human or animal.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is one seriously large cat!
He is technically @gpseymour 's cat, but I am his favorite napping buddy. When I take afternoon naps on weekends, Sir Isaac likes to climb in with me and stretch out next to my back. His torso is as long as my torso. He's a great full-length back warmer.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

I am so sorry. This is always hard.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hang in there and keep us posted.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Sorry to hear about this

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

The great ones leave a big void when they go.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Man, that's rough stuff. I've had a bunch of animals, and I don't think it has ever gotten easier for me to say goodbye. I'll be thinking about you.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Cheers everyone.

It's never easy, but I can accept it - it's an inevitable part of the journey when you take on (and care for) something or someone that has a fundamentally shorter lifespan and the risk that has to be taken sometimes.

It's bound to be harder on the kids - she's been a permanent fixture throughout their lives. But even for them, it'll somewhat help dealing with loss later on too. We've/they've lost other pets too, just not at the same level (if you get what I mean).

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this. Praying for a good report.
May I ask, what are your symptoms? I only ask because I had to had a plate on my noggin for a while and was told cysts are a possible side effect in the area where the injury is and the plate was removed. I had headaches for a while but they are pretty rare now. Was wondering if you are having different symptoms.
Yup, different symptoms. Ive had memory issues for a bit that may be related, but I always attributed to my abnormal number of concussions as a teenager, and involuntary back movements that have no clear cause (except possibly my scoliosis), but the thing that made me go get the mri is my limbs have randomly been going numb and/or tingling on me, in times that it doesnt make sense.

The hope right now is that the cyst ends up being nothing important, and my neuro pathways are having "glitches" due to my horrible sleeping patterns. Fingers crossed.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well....I should never go anywhere, to buy food, when I'm hungry. I got a salad...which was good, but I also got Spaghetti which was ok...but I then added on 2 meatballs, made with beef.....I don't eat read meat.....haven't in a very long time.....and now...... I'm paying for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions