Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Or a moat... then you can have a shark!
9da4e1e44bac13cb3ab058dfc0d9695c.jpg
IF you have a moat, you are going to need a dragon. Otherwise, what's the point?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Apparently, our beloved Warrior Dash is no more and I am completely gutted. We are looking at other options. Tough Mudder, Spartan, and Savage are all pitching in to take in the orphaned warriors. We are trying to find alternatives - the Dash was the only mud run we knew where all the obstacles could be taken solo. For the Mudder, a team is preferable, for the Spartan - a team is STRONGLY recommended, and Savage requires a ton of upper body strength - lots of dangly stuff there. So... we'll see....

I am also saddened for Warrior Dash's sponsored cause - St. Jude's Children's Hospital network. I hope someone else takes them on as well.

Lots of fond memories. Let's hope we find another place to go play in the mud.
67957373_2517650068256743_5895357868101599232_n.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
To build up appropriate resistance. Duh! You know - bacon antibodies?

But I do not want....or need....bacon antibodies....but at least you are finally admitting bacon is a disease that needs antibodies to fight it

If you ever notice she's lining the moat with bacon, I think shes trying to ward off one particular visitor.

Why do you think I never go the 27,000 miles to The Hobbits house.......

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
But I do not want....or need....bacon antibodies....but at least you are finally admitting bacon is a disease that needs antibodies to fight it

No no. You misunderstand. Bacon provides the antibodies, much like breast milk. So it keeps you healthy.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

Yes, yes, of course... terrible and super-dangerous... and I have the brass ones to face it again... and again.... and again.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Apparently, our beloved Warrior Dash is no more and I am completely gutted. We are looking at other options. Tough Mudder, Spartan, and Savage are all pitching in to take in the orphaned warriors. We are trying to find alternatives - the Dash was the only mud run we knew where all the obstacles could be taken solo. For the Mudder, a team is preferable, for the Spartan - a team is STRONGLY recommended, and Savage requires a ton of upper body strength - lots of dangly stuff there. So... we'll see....

I am also saddened for Warrior Dash's sponsored cause - St. Jude's Children's Hospital network. I hope someone else takes them on as well.

Lots of fond memories. Let's hope we find another place to go play in the mud.
67957373_2517650068256743_5895357868101599232_n.jpg
Ahhh bummer! I look forward to your mud run adventures.. hopefully you find a new one!

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
No it doesn't....it is bad for you and gives you high blood pressure and coronaries.....like....well.....umm....bacon

It can do if you eat it every day, I'll give you that.

Like many other things, taking them in excess really isn't a good idea - but in moderation I think "bad for you" is pushing it a bit.

I've seen a few studies about it, and none of those account for a bacon butty a few times a month - it's always a comparison between a group that eat no bacon and a group that eat 5lbs per day... No prizes for guessing which is worse.

I'm perfectly happy to include a portion of decent quality bacon in my diet now and again - and I'm also happy to contend that walking around in a busy city being exposed to concrete dust and exhaust gases is actually worse.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ok, it's settled.
I'll start digging the moat, and Xue is in charge of catching the shark!

Donald gets the bear, and Hobbit the dragon!
ALL set!

Status
Not open for further replies.